Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Well, seeing as how they have exactly the same number of points (10) and play the same position, yeah they should. Also, you might note that Foegele is 25 and signed for $2.75 Million for 2.5 years. Gallagher is falling off a cliff, 29 years old and signed for... wait for it... $6.5 Million until 2027. That's 5.5 more years.

Who is the cap dump in the scenario?

One is a proven 30 goal scorer and widly known as one of the hardest worker in the league.
The other is Foegele.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
One is a proven 30 goal scorer and widly known as one of the hardest worker in the league.
The other is Foegele.

One WAS a 30 goal scorer. While you and I disagree on almost everything you probably don't realize the Habs are my second favorite team. Gallagher was a heart and soul guy for the Canadiens and I always admired him for what he brought every night and every shift. In seasons past I often proposed trades to get Gallagher to the Oilers. However, I think his latest contract was a mistake by the organization. This is only due to the cap constraints it brings. Without the salary cap I think a lucrative, long term contract is the decent thing for Montreal to give a player like Gallagher.

However reality being what it is, Gallagher is pretty much unmovable now. His drop off in production (I said "cliff" in my previous post, and I don't know another way to say it) tied with the cost and length in his contract makes him a cap dump, and one nobody can take on. I really hope he can bounce back next year. Quite frankly I hope the entire Habs team can bounce back.

Lastly, Foegele isn't a cap dump. No one is complaining about him in Edmonton. We'd wish he could score a bit more but overall he is a welcome addition to the bottom six.

Lol, Nurse would have played 3rd pair with Romanov, behind Chiarot/Weber and Edmunson/Petry

This comment should be beneath you.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
One WAS a 30 goal scorer. While you and I disagree on almost everything you probably don't realize the Habs are my second favorite team. Gallagher was a heart and soul guy for the Canadiens and I always admired him for what he brought every night and every shift. In seasons past I often proposed trades to get Gallagher to the Oilers. However, I think his latest contract was a mistake by the organization. This is only due to the cap constraints it brings. Without the salary cap I think a lucrative, long term contract is the decent thing for Montreal to give a player like Gallagher.

However reality being what it is, Gallagher is pretty much unmovable now. His drop off in production (I said "cliff" in my previous post, and I don't know another way to say it) tied with the cost and length in his contract makes him a cap dump, and one nobody can take on. I really hope he can bounce back next year. Quite frankly I hope the entire Habs team can bounce back.

Lastly, Foegele isn't a cap dump. No one is complaining about him in Edmonton. We'd wish he could score a bit more but overall he is a welcome addition to the bottom six.

This comment should be beneath you.

It's been less than a year. He'll rebound, like everyone else. The contract is ugly I'll give you that, but not "Darnell Nurse" ugly.

Foegle is absolutly a cap dump, and he'll be KHL bound once his contract is finished

Nurse would have been at the very least behind Weber (no explanations needed), Petry (last year Petry smokes Nurse in every thing "hockey" related. Chiarot is in the same tier. Edmunson is a much better shutdown d-man but is lesd offensively oriented.
This year, I still take Romanov over Nurse, and he's paid peanuts.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Your proven 30 goal scorer is on pace for 13 goals over 82 games. And Father Time is undefeated.

I think you’re more than capable of taking the current team context into account when evaluating Gallagher’s season. You’re choosing not to.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It's been less than a year. He'll rebound, like everyone else. The contract is ugly I'll give you that, but not "Darnell Nurse" ugly.

Foegle is absolutly a cap dump, and he'll be KHL bound once his contract is finished

Nurse would have been at the very least behind Weber (no explanations needed), Petry (last year Petry smokes Nurse in every thing "hockey" related. Chiarot is in the same tier. Edmunson is a much better shutdown d-man but is lesd offensively oriented.
This year, I still take Romanov over Nurse, and he's paid peanuts.
This post has made it clear that an intelligent conversation cannot be had with you.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I think you’re more than capable of taking the current team context into account when evaluating Gallagher’s season. You’re choosing not to.
If I was quoting a miserable +\- that would be fair. He’s still not producing. I like Gallagher a lot and Ive admired him for a long time. But I wonder if this is the start of the decline. He wouldn’t be the first smaller guy who plays a 6’4” game to decline hard, fast, and early as injuries accumulate.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Your proven 30 goal scorer is on pace for 13 goals over 82 games. And Father Time is undefeated.

Absolutly. But he still deserves the benefit of doubt, he proven in the past on some occasions that he was able to put it.

If one day Foegele get there, we'll revisit it. But not going to happen ever, is what I'm saying.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
On a team that is leading the league in man games lost. That would drop any and i mean ANY players stats this season.

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
By far the worst trade proposal of 2022.

I am a Calgary fan so I would love for this trade to happen.

Holy overpay.

I mean if you are asking for a first and Holloway you might as well ask for McDavid too.

Good start to the new year. This trade proposal could win the year for worst proposal.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Philip Broberg is a client of Quartexx management (Kent's Hughes agency)..

Does it mean anything? absolutely not..

Good night everyone :laugh:

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Edmonton get:

Lehkonen 2,3M RFA 2022
Petry 4,25M UFA 2025 (with 2M retained by Montreal)

Montreal get:

Tyson Barrie 4,5M UFA 2024
Warren Foegele 2,75M UFA 2024
Edmonton 1st 2022
Dylan Holloway

Edmonton get a very good young RFA on a good contract in Lehkonen. He plays a good 200ft game, PK:s and can play anywhere in the lineup. Preferrable 2-3 LW. Petry is a great D, who is having a down year. Montreal retains 2M on him to fit the trade.
Montreal get a 1st and Holloway for retaining 2M on Petry and taking on Foegele and Barrie. Both are serviceable players, but a bit overpaid, thus the +:s.

Dude at least bring them to a fancy restaurant before you f *** them

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
MTL instantly does this, EDM instantly says "don't waste my time" and I am a Habs fan.

Petry won't leave MTL to stay in Canada. Plus I think at this point, MTL may not get more than a 3rd for him (like Schmidt did) because while he is still a good top 4 option, he is getting older, having a bad season in a very bad team, likely overpaid by 1m and not happy in MTL (which means MTL has 0 leverage here)

They could use Lekhonen in my opinion (as could most of the teams, he is a good bottom 6 forward) but don't need to pay that much for such a player.

Reactions: TFHockey

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Fans make Op's with out a thought in the world .

1) Edmonton traded a young Petry for crap because he didn't want to be in Edmonton .
2) Petry's wife and kids moved back to the USA because of Covid . So why is he going to move further away from them ?
3) Petry isn't worth his cap hit and you are calling Barrie a cap dump ?
4) You know apart of the problem in Montreal is Petry .
5) Isn't it funny that if an Oiler player is having a down year it will cost them 1st x 2 to move them . Montreal players having a down year are still gold . Price never played a game this year and Montreal fan feel he worth a big haul . Montreal will be retain lots or adding to move these players .

I agree 100% on numbers 1 & 2 , numbers 3 & 4 - Petry having a terrible year on an injury riddled team shouldn't be his defining moment nor should it be for any player . and number 5 the funny thing is you complaining about the perceived value of Oiler players having down years and then doing the very same thing in your next three sentences . I understand the frustration but isn't that like doing 90 kph in a 50 kph zone and then complaining that others are going faster than you are ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad