Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Interested in Holloway/1st but not interested in paying a single cent for plugs like "Wideman +" Barrie and future ex-NHL player Foegele.

No from Mtl

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Edmonton get:

Lehkonen 2,3M RFA 2022
Petry 4,25M UFA 2025 (with 2M retained by Montreal)

Montreal get:

Tyson Barrie 4,5M UFA 2024
Warren Foegele 2,75M UFA 2024
Edmonton 1st 2022
Dylan Holloway

Edmonton get a very good young RFA on a good contract in Lehkonen. He plays a good 200ft game, PK:s and can play anywhere in the lineup. Preferrable 2-3 LW. Petry is a great D, who is having a down year. Montreal retains 2M on him to fit the trade.
Montreal get a 1st and Holloway for retaining 2M on Petry and taking on Foegele and Barrie. Both are serviceable players, but a bit overpaid, thus the +:s.
Petry blocks this trade , everything else is just chatter plus the Habs aren't retaining for multiple years on ANY player .

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No thanks from Mtl perspective...

And I doubt Petry accepts a trade to another Canadian market, so zero chance there's a deal to be had.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Petry blocks this trade , everything else is just chatter plus the Habs aren't retaining for multiple years on ANY player .
Which is exactly why the Habs won’t be finding any trading partners for ANY of Petry, Gallagher, Drouin, Hoffman or Price.

Won’t be trading ANY of them for years. Habs may be able to trade Drouin next season with 50% retention in his contract year. The rest of them will be Habs in 2024 and probably beyond.

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

Not? Cheaper, better 200ft, produces more, RFA etc. He and Toffoli actually are the only bright spots in Montreal this season. Go check his underlying stats and charts and it should be quite clear he is heads and shoulders better than Foegele, who has regressed for 3yrs now.
You are looking at 1 year only. And it's well known that Edmonton's 5v5 system is one of the worst in the league considering the teams caliber. I'm not denying Lehkonen is having a very solid under the radar season but you are really downplaying Foegele because of results this year. He was very solid 3rd liner last year.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
This is a hard no from the Oilers
first of all the value favours the Habs
2nd, no way do those two pull back that kind or return atm .. Petry .. sure he could get a 1st from the right team ... Lek could pull a 2nd from the right team
3rd Edmonton is not that team

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Which is exactly why the Habs won’t be finding any trading partners for ANY of Petry, Gallagher, Drouin, Hoffman or Price.

Won’t be trading ANY of them for years. Habs may be able to trade Drouin next season with 50% retention in his contract year.
Why can't you just stick to the question at hand . I don't think anyone of Gallagher , Drouin , Hoffman or Price were part of the original proposal yet here you are bringing them all into it . Other than trolling I can't think of any reason why you do this constantly in Habs trade threads , it comes of as juvenile and petty and I think that this should be beneath you .

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
wouldn't do that trade for Holloway alone

what are you thinking

You gotta give to get something back. But I must agree (as a hab's fan). Trading Holloway and a 1st for Petry and Lekhnonen would be an overpayment for Edmonton.

Though Edmonton will need to give up grade A prospects (+ picks) to fix the huge gaps in the team...IMO.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Rather shop them seperately for a better deal. Barrie and Foegele at that hit until 2024 is brutal, We have enough stinky contracts as is (see petry, gallagher). Holloway is nice though

You can't be serious. You think you'd get better than Holloway + 1st + McLovin.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Take out Holloway and the 1st and I'm still not overly interested. Horrible value, especially when you consider that Petry hated it in Edmonton.

Come back with an offer for Barrie in the summer if we still have him though. He'd be a massive upgrade on your RD and your powerplay.

Yeah they can have Barrie + 2nd for Lehkonen. I have time for a mid 6 200ft forward. No interest in Petry and he has zero interest in us.

If we address the goaltending and a top 4 LD I'd probably even add Lavoie to that offer just to shore up the teams depth and create the cap space for the other needed moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: ManofSteel55

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You think the difference between Barrie/Foegele and Lehkonen/Petry is a 1st and Dylan Holloway…? Saying you’re off is an understatement.

seriously. I like Lekhonen but his career high is 31 points, he’s better than Foegele but not by a ton.

I like Petry but he’s ass this year and the Edmonton bridge is thoroughly burned.

I wouldn’t give just Holloway for the difference between Barrie/Foegele and Lekhonen/Petry, nevermind a first too,

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Edmonton get:

Lehkonen 2,3M RFA 2022
Petry 4,25M UFA 2025 (with 2M retained by Montreal)

Montreal get:

Tyson Barrie 4,5M UFA 2024
Warren Foegele 2,75M UFA 2024
Edmonton 1st 2022
Dylan Holloway

Edmonton get a very good young RFA on a good contract in Lehkonen. He plays a good 200ft game, PK:s and can play anywhere in the lineup. Preferrable 2-3 LW. Petry is a great D, who is having a down year. Montreal retains 2M on him to fit the trade.
Montreal get a 1st and Holloway for retaining 2M on Petry and taking on Foegele and Barrie. Both are serviceable players, but a bit overpaid, thus the +:s.
another classic horrible trade proposed by jonlin

Reactions: Macheteops

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
If Petry goes he is going to The States, that's 100%

Won’t be trading ANY of them for years. Habs may be able to trade Drouin next season with 50% retention in his contract year. The rest of them will be Habs in 2024 and probably beyond.

I dont think that's true but even if it is who cares, The rebuild/retool needs good vets to usher along the rookies......

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

I am not so sure, see Schmidt example for Petry. Drouin only has one more year so somebody may take the gamble. Hoffman is not on a bad contract by any means, he is having his worst season in a team beyond bad.

Gallagher and Price are the hardest to move in my opinion.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Th
Remove Holloway at least
Only reason for Montreal making the trade would be Holloway .
Montreal will likely trade Petry to a US team likely only after this season.
Lehkonen being traded might not happen Montreal could resign him if they don't receive an offer they like.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

if your goalies poo. the bed again under the playoff pressure and price comes back healthy next season you'll have a different attitude . next year will be the last year of mackinnon's cheap deal so yous will have to go all in for sure .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad