Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Why can't you just stick to the question at hand . I don't think anyone of Gallagher , Drouin , Hoffman or Price were part of the original proposal yet here you are bringing them all into it . Other than trolling I can't think of any reason why you do this constantly in Habs trade threads , it comes of as juvenile and petty and I think that this should be beneath you .
it's almost like a twitch type of thing . it should be studied

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Edmonton has MccDavid and Draisaitl at C. They are a few years from UFA. Their time to contend is now. If they want to try get all the way they have to overpay. Many players have NMC:s or NTC:s and Edmonton isnt exactly the most wanted place to go. This would give Edmonton a good shot to try contend. Petry is a pretty good upgrade on Barrie:

Kane - McDavid - Puljujärvi
Hyman - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Lehkonen - RNH - Ryan
McLeod - Shore - Kassian

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Petry
Lagesson - Ceci
Unfortunately, you appear to have left the net empty....

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Barrie would literally be your best defenseman. Foegle plays top six in Montreal too.
yes maybe we can give you romanov for barrie if we add a little bit . which one of suzuki gallagher toffoli anderson lehkonen or drouin does foegle replace ?

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Be different if Petry left on different terms. Granted the GM that challenged him and gave him a one year deal to make him a UFA instead of the long term contract he wanted is gone. The fans that ran him out however are not gone.

After what was happening on social media with his wife as of late I highly doubt Edmonton is any sort of option

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
Edmonton get:

Lehkonen 2,3M RFA 2022
Petry 4,25M UFA 2025 (with 2M retained by Montreal)

Montreal get:

Tyson Barrie 4,5M UFA 2024
Warren Foegele 2,75M UFA 2024
Edmonton 1st 2022
Dylan Holloway

Edmonton get a very good young RFA on a good contract in Lehkonen. He plays a good 200ft game, PK:s and can play anywhere in the lineup. Preferrable 2-3 LW. Petry is a great D, who is having a down year. Montreal retains 2M on him to fit the trade.
Montreal get a 1st and Holloway for retaining 2M on Petry and taking on Foegele and Barrie. Both are serviceable players, but a bit overpaid, thus the +:s.

By far the worst trade proposal of 2022.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
if your goalies poo. the bed again under the playoff pressure and price comes back healthy next season you'll have a different attitude . next year will be the last year of mackinnon's cheap deal so yous will have to go all in for sure .
Avs goalies playing great but there will always be much better options than Price in the event that changes. He’s unmovable and will be LTIR and off your cap at some point, probably sooner than later.

Habs have rich ownership. They can throw away money on this.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Barrie would literally be your best defenseman. Foegle plays top six in Montreal too.

In a normal year, Barrie is behind Petry, Edmunson, Chiarot and Romanov at the very least.

And Foegle is in Laval

Barrie and Foegle are both cap dumps and we should be paid to take them. No team whatsoever will ever trade for them lol
"I think that Barrie can help us in the playoffs" is a phrase that no GM has ever said.

Petry is playing like ass this year, but he's a consistant 40+ points a year usually, and he's twice the d-man that Barrie is

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
In a normal year, Barrie is behind Petry, Edmunson, Chiarot and Romanov at the very least.

And Foegle is in Laval

Barrie and Foegle are both cap dumps and we should be paid to take them. No team whatsoever will ever trade for them lol
"I think that Barrie can help us in the playoffs" is a phrase that no GM has ever said.

Petry is playing like ass this year, but he's a consistant 40+ points a year usually, and he's twice the d-man that Barrie is
Chiarot and Petry are both gone .

Barrie is better than Romanov.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

And Foegle is in Laval

What the hell did I just read here? So we've moved on to Foegele is a cap dump now? Barrie being one is bad enough, but you've doubled down and now Foegele is?

Foegele is in Laval? Barrie plays behind everyone on your right side? This is too much.

You don't have a clue... and I mean a CLUE about these players.

The Habs power play is a terrible 13.95%, next to DEAD LAST in the NHL. You don't think Barrie would immediately improve their power play? The guy who lead the entire league in points for defensemen last year?

Good grief.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

And Foegle is in Laval

Petry has been garbage this year, he would be behind Barrie right now. He's gone anyway. Edmunson has been out all year and is solid, but a bottom pair guy ideally. Chairot isn't playing well, toss up on who is better, but he's out at the end of year at the latest as well. I like Romanov, but his ideal spot would be on the 2nd pair, behind Barrie. Barrie - Romanov - Edmundson would actually be a decent right side moving forward.

Foegle was a middle six winger for Carolina for the past few years. He's been the same for us, with the odd appearance on the top line. The only complaint we have about him is the same complaint Carolina fans had about him - he isn't a great finisher. But you guys would love him, he's basically like Gallagher with worse hands, so to suggest he would be in Laval is absolutely ridiculous and shows what you know about the NHL outside of the Habs. If he wore a Habs jersey you would be pumping his tires and talking about his top line scoring potential.

I think your GM needs to worry about getting players that will help the team not be an embarassment for the next few years before they worry about playoffs.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Edmonton get:

Lehkonen 2,3M RFA 2022
Petry 4,25M UFA 2025 (with 2M retained by Montreal)

Montreal get:

Tyson Barrie 4,5M UFA 2024
Warren Foegele 2,75M UFA 2024
Edmonton 1st 2022
Dylan Holloway

I wonder if opposing fans have figured out yet that the Oilers being as stingy with their prospects and 1st rounders as they are that they aren’t going to be giving them away for mediocre packages? Sorry but this trade SUCKS! And for BOTH Holloway and the 1st? :facepalm:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Let’s pretend Petry and his family would even remotely entertain Edmonton (which they clearly would not).

Holloway alone is very likely to be as good, or better, than Lehkonen. And soon. It wouldn’t surprise anyone if he maintains his current ppg pace in the AHL and gets called up.

The difference between Barrie and Petry is not a 1st and Foegele.

No deal on theoretical value, and certainly no deal given real-world realities.

Reactions: spaghtti

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The original offer is a non starter..

However, is Romanov RD and what do you want for him if he is?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Holloway alone is very likely to be as good, or better, than Lehkonen. And soon.

The proposal was made because McDavid is UFA 2026 and draisaitl 2025. Holloway certainly have more upside than Lehkonen, but doubt Holloway removes either Drai or McD from 1-2C soon. Nurse gets his raise next year, so do Pulju and Yamamoto. If Oilers wanna contend, the time is now and with Petry 2M retained, Kane at a bargain and Lehkonen on 2.3M, now would be a good time.
If Oilers are again stacking picks and prospects, they will loose both Draisaitl and McDavid to UFA. Doubt the 2 Top5 centers want to see the team building for the future once again?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
It feels like Lehkonen is always talked highly about by Habs fans, but they're trying to dump him in almost every proposal on here. Something doesn't add up.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Romanov has the potential to be better but his play has dropped off this year, I would say.
Hard disagree on Romanov this year. I feel he’s improved this play and is way more consistent.

Now the team around him is much worse, but that’s another story…

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I want to know the last time a defenceman pacing for 18 goals was traded for a defenceman pacing for 14 points, especially when the two guys are the same age. Romanov is good but Bouchard is a completely outlandish ask.
Totally agree and I am a big fan of Romanov!

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad