Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You’re the second person to tell me Edmonton doesn’t have a 2022 2nd but the internet disagrees with y’all.

Edmonton Oilers Draftpicks | Puckpedia

Oil don’t have a 3rd or 4th but I’m seeing a 1st and 2nd. Perhaps there is a conditional trade kicker I’m missing.
yes check out the duncan keith trade details. even though conditions don't look like they'll be met , it still prevents them from trading it

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He makes too much for what we need him for because he fills the role that Mike Smith and Stuart Skinner can fill for cheaper next year.
jake allen would give you much more than your current tandem . is signed at a good rate for next year .would allow skinner to stay in the ahl where he belongs for another year and won't cost a fortune . good luck with fleury for 20-30 games .

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
But you’ll pay for it. He won’t come cheap. I could even see the Avs look in on MAF if one of their two Gs gets hurt again. Minnesota would be there. Oilers, I could see a few dark horses too and any team that picks up a goalie injury before TDL.

MAF is going to be the top G option for a playoff run.
The Oilers need a top goalie. I would rather pay for a top goalie than to bring in another bum who can't do the job. Teams in need of a top line centre wouldn't be satisfied by looking at 3rd line centers, so why would Edmonton be looking at another backup?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
so your gonna roll with mike smith again next year ? i'm sorry i thought edmonton wanted to upgrade their goalies a bit . z
Mike Smith is signed for next year. Hopefully as a backup as that's what his dollar value suggests. Bringing in Allen to be starter over Smith puts us in the same position we are in now. Playing with two platoon backup goalies.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
How is Lehkonen on a bad contract? Armia is paid as should be and Lehkonen is actually underpaid for what he brings
Paid like third liners you get on the UFA-market, so what is the selling point?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
jake allen would give you much more than your current tandem . is signed at a good rate for next year .would allow skinner to stay in the ahl where he belongs for another year and won't cost a fortune . good luck with fleury for 20-30 games .
Jake Allen brings nothing. He is a marginal upgrade on Koskinen. He's a backup that fails in a starter's role. Has been for his entire career. There's no reason to expect change on that front.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I do not view Allen as a dump. He makes $2.875mm and has one more year on his deal. He’s only 31. That’s very reasonable IMO and I suspect several GMs feel the same way.

I’m not exactly the biggest Habs fan either so don’t call me some homer. I do not view Allen as negative value. I think he’s got positive value on his contract. Would give the Oil an option in net this year and next at digestible AAV.
yeah they can do a lot worse for what he would cost

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Jake Allen brings nothing. He is a marginal upgrade on Koskinen. He's a backup that fails in a starter's role. Has been for his entire career. There's no reason to expect change on that front.
well good luck with your starter search . i think gm's realize the oilers situation so they'll be looking to take advantage of it

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You’re the second person to tell me Edmonton doesn’t have a 2022 2nd but the internet disagrees with y’all.

Edmonton Oilers Draftpicks | Puckpedia

Oil don’t have a 3rd or 4th but I’m seeing a 1st and 2nd. Perhaps there is a conditional trade kicker I’m missing. Or maybe the conditions make both the 3rd and 2nd untradable even if only one will eventually convey.

could always make it a 2023 or even 2024 pick. Habs have a long rebuild in front of them.
i don't think it'll be as long as you think . 2-3 years and things will be vastly different

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Mike Smith is signed for next year. Hopefully as a backup as that's what his dollar value suggests. Bringing in Allen to be starter over Smith puts us in the same position we are in now. Playing with two platoon backup goalies.
except there's the fact that smith can't stay healthy for 3 periods whereas allen isn't battling the injury bug

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Those cap dumps are both pending UFAs so rental dumps. Not that negative value as such with no bearing on next season. Would you accept that package from the oilers for Toffoli and Allen?

this gives the Habs a 2022 1st that could be in the teens and Yamamoto and no other next season commitments for two guys you don’t need in a tear down rebuild.

I have no problem in trading both allen and toffoli, but my comment was that i think Toffoli gets a 1st and prospect on his own, especially with those dumps without even having Allen included.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I have no problem in trading both allen and toffoli, but my comment was that i think Toffoli gets a 1st and prospect on his own, especially with those dumps without even having Allen included.
i second that . toffoli is undervalued for what he brings and the contract he has

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Paid like third liners you get on the UFA-market, so what is the selling point?

ooh, I wanna see Edmonton getting players at "the right price" at UFA. Your talking like Edmonton is NY, LA or Florida. Nurse gets 9,25M in Edmonton - some other team would pay 6-6,5M for him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
except there's the fact that smith can't stay healthy for 3 periods whereas allen isn't battling the injury bug
We have an NHL ready prospect in the minors who can fill in if Smith goes down. He's not ready to be the starter, but he can play games when needed. You know who else isn't ready to be a starter though? Jake Allen, because he isn't good enough. All bringing in Allen does is leave us without a space (and 2.75M less in cap) to dedicate to an actual starting goalie. Edmonton's goalie depth next year needs to be New Guy - Smith - Skinner - other prospects. Putting Allen into the mix just makes it harder to get a #1, or gives us a 3 headed goalie monster that we don't want either.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
ooh, I wanna see Edmonton getting players at "the right price" at UFA. Your talking like Edmonton is NY, LA or Florida. Nurse gets 9,25M in Edmonton - some other team would pay 6-6,5M for him.
Ok, I hope you are being hyperbolic, because you're just being ridiculous with this one. Nurse's stat line last year put him on par with the contract he got thanks to the extensions to Jones and Werenski. If he went to UFA, he would get similar as well.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Ok, I hope you are being hyperbolic, because you're just being ridiculous with this one. Nurse's stat line last year put him on par with the contract he got thanks to the extensions to Jones and Werenski. If he went to UFA, he would get similar as well.

What team would pay Nurse 9,25M/8yrs. Thats more than Makar, Heiskanen, Hedman, Carlson, Chabot, Hughes, Ekblad and Josi. Nurse will be the 3rd best paid D in the league! Are you suggesting Nurse is a Top3 D?
Also, Jones&Werenski are heads and shoulders better than Nurse. There really is no contest.

Reactions: DITB

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If we’re giving up a first and Yamamoto we’re going to need a lot better back than a guy with one goal in 29 games and Lekhonen, regardless of the one year dumps.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
yes check out the duncan keith trade details. even though conditions don't look like they'll be met , it still prevents them from trading it

this is correct.

even worse, not only can Edmonton not move their 2nd, they can’t move their 3rd either. The Keith trade conditions mean they’re both frozen until Edmonton is eliminated from the playoffs, if we even get there.

Another Holland master class. We need to fire him more than you guys ever needed to dump Bergevin. At least he could draft.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

No, they would have paid 9.25m for him. Like Columbus did for Werenski, Chicago did for Jones, etc. 9.25-9.5 was the market for 1Ds last year. Nurse would not be giving some team a 3M break annually on a long term deal.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad