Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Top 6 RW? Who's he gonna replace for the Habs on the RW?
As bad as we are we don't need or have a use for Yamamoto. I guess we could try to trade him in hopes of getting a late 1n or a 3rd rd pick.
So basically your paying a 1st to dump some contracts while getting back 2 players who would improve your team.
Habs will pass. Leht is the type of player we can use in our Rebuild. A very good defensive player .
Leht is a 4th liner as said by quite a few habs fans on the site so youre going to build youre team around a 4th liner? Armias contract is bad and leht is a fa so with that if he wants more money oilers dont have it for him. If we lose yamo its a big hit to our rw so unless gally is comming back @50% for kassian then its definitely not worth it.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
the only games montreal won this year he stole . last year he played well in the regular season . he is much better than koskinen or smith . anyway good luck with your starter search . i'm sure you can find one on the cheap .

I'm a Red Wings fan. We have Nedeljkovic who we did find cheap. We have Thomas Greiss who is better than Smith and Koskinen... who we found cheap. We let go Jonathan Bernier who was better than anyone in this post not named Nedeljkovic... and we got him cheap.

So, yeah, if you're looking, you can find goalies on the cheap all the damn time.

The most expensive goalie the Wings have is Sebastian Cossa because we traded two picks to move from the mid 20s to 15 to get him.

Hell, we won the Cup a couple times with Chris Osgood (cheap). Dominik Hasek came back at the end of his career (cheap).

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
And neither is Turris lol?
Never said he was but we have no need for him or any of the other 2 players in this deal.
The offer doesn't address the Oilers needs.
I mentioned earlier the player that makes the most sense from the Habs to the Oilers..Chiarot.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I'm a Red Wings fan. We have Nedeljkovic who we did find cheap. We have Thomas Greiss who is better than Smith and Koskinen... who we found cheap. We let go Jonathan Bernier who was better than anyone in this post not named Nedeljkovic... and we got him cheap.

So, yeah, if you're looking, you can find goalies on the cheap all the damn time.

The most expensive goalie the Wings have is Sebastian Cossa because we traded two picks to move from the mid 20s to 15 to get him.

Hell, we won the Cup a couple times with Chris Osgood (cheap). Dominik Hasek came back at the end of his career (cheap).
well edmonton shouldn't have any problem than . and they got holland looking after it so what can go wrong ?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

another factor to consider would be the supply and demand of starting goalies . from year to year those factors change . this year it doesn't seem like a whole lot of quality starters are up for grabs

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Leht is a 4th liner as said by quite a few habs fans on the site so youre going to build youre team around a 4th liner? Armias contract is bad and leht is a fa so with that if he wants more money oilers dont have it for him. If we lose yamo its a big hit to our rw so unless gally is comming back @50% for kassian then its definitely not worth it.

So Lehkonen is a 4th liner, loosing Yamo would be a big hit to Oilers... I heard Yamo is a Top6 player too. Lehkonen is on the 2nd baddest team in NHL, Yamo on a playoff-team with McDrai Top6. Still they have even points. What dont match if a bad teams 4th liner and McDrai:s Top6 linemate have the same points?
This would tell me Yamo is BAD with capitals, if a shitty teams 4th liner is as good as him offensively and a lot better defensively. How can loosing him be a hit if you cn replace his production with 4th liner?

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
So Lehkonen is a 4th liner, loosing Yamo would be a big hit to Oilers... I heard Yamo is a Top6 player too. Lehkonen is on the 2nd baddest team in NHL, Yamo on a playoff-team with McDrai Top6. Still they have even points. What dont match if a bad teams 4th liner and McDrai:s Top6 linemate have the same points?
This would tell me Yamo is BAD with capitals, if a shitty teams 4th liner is as good as him offensively and a lot better defensively. How can loosing him be a hit if you cn replace his production with 4th liner?
Majority of his points are assists and yamos are goals so youre comparing apples to oranges here. Cant be compared at all so please stop because youre fighting a losing battle here.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
This is more sensible than the Draisaitl absurdity but I can't see the Oilers giving up the equivalent of three firsts when the best piece coming back is Tyler Toffoli.

Plus the way things are going unless Holland finds his testicles and fires Tipppet that 2022 first could be a lotto pick.
Take out Broberg, add a 2nd round pick and Montreal adds a 3rd in whichever same year?

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Well since you bring up all other seasons,
15 -25 but only played 1 full season

Over 365 GP he has a total of 130 pts. His up to date career average is ? You do the math. It's really simple math.

Lets not lose sight of my entire argument: Armia is not a top 6 player, which is what is being argued if you are saying he is a top 9 player. Otherwise you could argue any 3rd or 4th liner is a "top 9" or "top 12" forward just to repackage your sales pitch of a player.

So if we go along strictly with your arguments for time played and PPG, not only is he a player who averages less than 29pts a game, he also can't be relied on as he has only played a full season once.

So again, in what world is a ~28.8PPG average player who has played a full season once a worthy of a top 6 spot on ice? Offensive botton6er sure. But if you're making the argument that those stats and his availability are what can be expected of a top 6 forward... yeesh...

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
he's not 38

Just copied what the poster I quoted said. Apologies.

My argument stands even taking into account he's turning 29. If the "prime" of a players career is a 28.8ppg average and has played a full season once, in what world is that player worthy of a top 6 spot?

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Armia to me is a top 9 forward. You can try to say he is a 4th line player all you want. Bottom 6 or top 9. Nit pick all you want. Not going down that rabbit hole.

I never said he's a 4th liner once. You've done this to multiple posters now when most have said that he's not a top 6 player and they view him as a bottom 6 player on a not-great contract.

Do you have anything tangible to back up your stance? Cause the stats I see certainly don't.

Top 6 vs top 9 when a player averages less than 30ppg a season and isn't exactly a defensive force is not "nitpicking". It's either ignorance to reason in order to sell a narative, or it's blatantly trying to misrepresent something.

If the player doesn't fit into the top 2 lines of a team, they aren't a top 6 player. Agreeing with that sentiment but saying then they're a top 9 player is selling a false narative as someone who can either play up and down the lineup effectively or fluxtuates between a 3rd and 2nd line well, which Armia does not. So again, he's a bottom 6 player.

This is like selling the "best burgers in the area" but classifying the area as a 1 block radius.

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If you think paying 2.5 for a very good defensive player that gives it every night then sir i think you need to watch another sport.
Will he cost 2,5 next contracts, and Armia coats over 3 mil, so not so cheap...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Will he cost 2,5 next contracts, and Armia coats over 3 mil, so not so cheap...

Not all bottom 6 players make $2M or under. Maybe the issue is you have lots of money at the top end and you are forced to have guys $2M and under in the bottom 6?

* Lehkonen should not get too much of a raise but it will depend on term. Basically buying one RFA year and then UFA years after that. It's still flat cap years and although Lehkonen is a good 200' skating forward, he's still a bottom 6 player. $2.5M for 3 years is probably where it lands at or close to it.

* Armia before his signed this current contract was expected to walk to UFA cause we didn't want to pay $4M+. He scored some big goals for us in the playoffs and he is that big body that protects the puck well. Habs fans were surprised we got him at $3.4M for 4 years. He's having a bad year this year but not the only one on our roster in this mess of a season we are having.

I don't think this deal works for the Oilers. I agree there. However, those two players are not negative value guys in the bottom 6 conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad