Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
That’s horrible for Edmonton.

change Armia (who has no value) to Toffoli and ask Edmonton if they’d do it. I’m certain Gordon would pull the trigger on that.

Toffoli + Lehkonen for that package. Then change Lehkonen for Allen and ask again.
Oilers aren't getting Toffoli & Allen for two cap dumps , a late first and a puny winger who can't produce while playing with some of the best players in the world .

Reactions: Prairie Habs

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
NO, I would not. I don't like the deal for both the Oilers and Habs. I said that in other threads as well. The point to you was I do feel you are underrating Toffoli's value to some degree.

In terms of Yamamoto, I pass. We have Caufield and that's enough smurf's for me.

I don't think the Habs trade Allen without knowing what we do with Price. If anybody wants Allen, you got to give us something that makes us think. He's a fringe starter yes and probably better than what you have at the moment but we need him too if Price never comes back or we trade him with retention (if healthy again).

Personally, I'm not desperate to move Lehkonen. I value his energy and maturity during rebuild years. I would move others first but once again, offer something that makes us think and we can evaluate it and discuss further
Fair enough. I tried to get the Habs a 2022 1st and one that could be decent too (maybe 18th OA) as well as young player of some value.

Gotta give to get. Armia isn’t going to net you a high pick or young player like Yamamoto. I don’t think Armia holds any value really.

you like Lehkonen and I can appreciate that. I also like players like him. I think he could return a 2nd rounder.

my proposal is closer to value and a potential trade than the OPs. Which has no chance of appealing to Edmonton.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
So I read numerous posts screaming about the Habs taking the Oilers expiring cap dumps while expecting us to take multiple years of Allen, which keeps us in the same goalie hell we are in now. You want to dump Allen, it's not happening for free.
I do not view Allen as a dump. He makes $2.875mm and has one more year on his deal. He’s only 31. That’s very reasonable IMO and I suspect several GMs feel the same way.

I’m not exactly the biggest Habs fan either so don’t call me some homer. I do not view Allen as negative value. I think he’s got positive value on his contract. Would give the Oil an option in net this year and next at digestible AAV.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
You understand the UFA-RFA difference? I`m pretty sure Yamamoto will have a higher raise than Lehkonen for "potential" even though numbers dont back it. What better players do you think you will get that fits the cap in Edmonton without giving up players and who will take trash back?
And who is the Top6 player? Yamamoto certainly isnt one. Hasnt been for 2yrs

Right, that is why you are trading for him.

Give it up man, no one is buying your attempt to lowball for Yamamoto and a 1st from Edmonton. I think literally every team in the league can beat that offer.

Oh and as I am sure you know, Koskinen and Turris are off the books at the end of the season. Hardly costs a 1st to move those guys. Geeeez.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I do not view Allen as a dump. He makes $2.75mm. That’s very reasonable IMO and I suspect several GMs feel the same way.
Jake Allen as starter is bad. If the Oilers trade for him he is being set into a starter role, which is bad. If you're expecting him to go to Edmonton and back up, we have two cheaper options already in Smith and Skinner. I have said it before and I will say it again. Jake Allen keeps Edmonton in goalie purgatory. That's not something I would pay 2.75M for.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Jake Allen as starter is bad. If the Oilers trade for him he is being set into a starter role, which is bad. If you're expecting him to go to Edmonton and back up, we have two cheaper options already in Smith and Skinner. I have said it before and I will say it again. Jake Allen keeps Edmonton in goalie purgatory. That's not something I would pay 2.75M for.
Skinner is an AHL goalie. He does not have Allen’s bona fides. They are not apples to apples.

Smith is almost 40 and his body isn’t holding up. He’s not someone that can win you a cup. He won’t even make it past round 2. He’s pretty good when he’s available but availability at his age is way too much of a ? You and I both know he’ll miss more games this season injured. Just a matter of when. Not if.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Skinner is an AHL goalie. He does not have Allen’s bona fides. They are not apples to apples.

Smith is almost 40 and his body isn’t holding up. He’s not someone that can win you a cup. He won’t even make it past round 2.
If we are talking about goalies that can win us a cup, why are we discussing Jake Allen? We aren't looking for a backup. We are looking for a starter. Jake Allen isn't a need for Edmonton.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You didn’t answer the question. Would you do the trade? All that from the oilers including a 2022 1st and Yamamoto for Toffoil and Allen?

or Toffoli and Lehkonen?
myself not for yamamoto. i would do chariot 50% retained plus allen for koskinen, holloway and a 2023 2nd

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If we are talking about goalies that can win us a cup, why are we discussing Jake Allen? We aren't looking for a backup. We are looking for a starter. Jake Allen isn't a need for Edmonton.
Then MAF is your guy. He was amazing vs the Avs the other night. Absolutely stole three goals away with incredible saves. He’ll cost you your 2022 1st or a 2022 2nd and one of your better prospects.

teams like Minnesota will look in on him. He’ll have a market for sure.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Those cap dumps are both pending UFAs so rental dumps. Not that negative value as such with no bearing on next season. Would you accept that package from the oilers for Toffoli and Allen?

this gives the Habs a 2022 1st that could be in the teens and Yamamoto and no other next season commitments for two guys you don’t need in a tear down rebuild.
change yamamoto for holloway

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Then MAF is your guy. He was amazing vs the Avs the other night. Absolutely stole three goals away with incredible saves. He’ll cost you your 2022 1st or a 2022 2nd and one of your better prospects.

Yeah MAF is certainly a better option than Jake Allen.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
change yamamoto for holloway
Habs would need to add a bigger name if Holloway is in a deal.

A bigger name would go the other way.

Oilers don’t need Chairot as much as other teams will anyway.

Habs will do a one off deal with 50% retention on Chairot to maximize his value. I think Gordon will get a 2022 1st. Closer to deadline. But that won’t be a deal with Edmonton.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
So I read numerous posts screaming about the Habs taking the Oilers expiring cap dumps while expecting us to take multiple years of Allen, which keeps us in the same goalie hell we are in now. You want to dump Allen, it's not happening for free.
are you talking about the goalie allen . he doesn't make much , is only signed through next year and will actually steal you a few games

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That’s horrible for Edmonton.

change Armia (who has no value) to Toffoli and ask Edmonton if they’d do it. I’m certain Gordon would pull the trigger on that.

Toffoli + Lehkonen for that package. Then change Lehkonen for Allen and ask again.

toffoli alone would get a better package than that. You can also keep Yamamoto, we have enough 4th liner as is

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

Smith is almost 40 and his body isn’t holding up. He’s not someone that can win you a cup. He won’t even make it past round 2. He’s pretty good when he’s available but availability at his age is way too much of a ? You and I both know he’ll miss more games this season injured. Just a matter of when. Not if.
As an oiler fan that has watched every one of his games this year, I have absolutely no problem with Skinner as a back up for the rest of the year. He's been solid and our best goalie.

Lock this, it's going no where.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
It literally doesnt address any issues oilers have. It helps mtl out and a ton and gives them a top 6 rw when oilers lose a top 6 rw but get a 3rd line lw in return when lw are a dime a dozen?
How exactly is Yamamoto a top 6 RW? He had a good 27 game hot streak playing with draisaitl and since then has put up 33 points in 86 games... some solid top 6 numbers eh.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

they don't have a 2022 2nd to deal with and are not willing to give all that up for 3 months of fleury

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yeah MAF is certainly a better option than Jake Allen.
But you’ll pay for it. He won’t come cheap. I could even see the Avs look in on MAF if one of their two Gs gets hurt again. Minnesota would be there. Oilers, I could see a few dark horses too and any team that picks up a goalie injury before TDL.

MAF is going to be the top G option for a playoff run.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Habs would need to add a bigger name if Holloway is in a deal.

A bigger name would go the other way.

Oilers don’t need Chairot as much as other teams will anyway.

Habs will do a one off deal with 50% retention on Chairot to maximize his value. I think Gordon will get a 2022 1st. Closer to deadline. But that won’t be a deal with Edmonton.
i don't think the oilers defense is set well for the playoffs.

also absolutely no use for yamamoto

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
they don't have a 2022 2nd to deal with and are not willing to give all that up for 3 months of fleury
You’re the second person to tell me Edmonton doesn’t have a 2022 2nd but the internet disagrees with y’all.

Edmonton Oilers Draftpicks | Puckpedia

Oil don’t have a 3rd or 4th but I’m seeing a 1st and 2nd. Perhaps there is a conditional trade kicker I’m missing. Or maybe the conditions make both the 3rd and 2nd untradable even if only one will eventually convey.

could always make it a 2023 or even 2024 pick. Habs have a long rebuild in front of them.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He makes too much for what we need him for because he fills the role that Mike Smith and Stuart Skinner can fill for cheaper next year.
so your gonna roll with mike smith again next year ? i'm sorry i thought edmonton wanted to upgrade their goalies a bit . z

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad