Confirmed with Link: [EDM/VAN] Oilers acquire Vasily Podkolzin for OTT 4th '25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Well I hope he pans out or is a part of something bigger.

Not worth nothing though is the fact the Oilers haven't had a successful Russian-born player in a really long time. Hopefully he's not destined to join the long list of struggling Russians that have played in orange and blue:

- Yakupov
- Yakimov
- Slepyshev
- Nikitin
- Bryzgalov
- Khabibulin
- Belov

I mean the only names that come to mind that were good (if only for a limited time) are Ulanov, Mironov, and Grebeshkov (1st stint).
Kostin!!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Canucks really screwed his development. I have no idea what they did with him after his rookie season.

New management that had zero love for the pervious' projects.

He looked good during his rookie season, but then Vancouver signed a bunch of middle 6 depth and he lost his spot. Suddenly he had zero traction in the lineup, and the new management wasn't going out of their way to make sure there was a clear development path for him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Very very unlikely

He’s a hard to play against player. Similar mold of Blake Coleman just not as good
I definitely hope this means we keep Broberg. It would make sense. But I'll believe it when I see it.

With Podkolzin I think there's something to be said for a fresh start and different teammates. Different systems too

Look at what happened when Maroon came here.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Is it possible that this move has nothing to do with Holloway? Is Podz waiver exempt and Bako material?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
When I get home, I’ll give you all a much more detailed opinion on Podkolzin. I’ve watched nearly every one of his NHL games and many of his AHL appearances.

**Update:**

OK, let’s get into it. First of all, it’s really important to mention that Podz was a fan favorite here in Vancouver. I’m 100% sure the market is not going to react well to this, whatsoever.

One of the big reasons for that is because he’s extremely likable. If there’s one thing you absolutely cannot question, it’s his work ethic. He’s one of the hardest-working players I’ve ever seen.

He’s always the last guy off the ice and the first one at the rink, according to reports.

Now, as for his actual talent:

I’ll say this: he’s one of the most perplexing players I’ve watched. There’s clear skill, especially when he’s driving play. He’s a bit of a bull in that regard. He does show flashes of skill, which makes you wonder if he’ll ever fully figure it out.

He’s not the best skater in the world, but he’s not the worst either. He’s pretty average overall. His hands, however, seem made of stone right now. Ironically, he has a pretty nice passing ability and occasionally shows great vision.

He’s just a very odd hockey player. He has tools that make you think, “OK, this guy is definitely going to be a third or fourth liner in the league.”

And it doesn’t make sense, considering how strong and big he is.

When he’s noticeable, though, he’s extremely noticeable. He’s all over the ice, dictating play.

He also has a really nice shot, but he just never seems to finish.

There’s definitely an NHL player there. He has potential, and honestly, I think he’s going to do really well in Edmonton.

You guys should be thrilled that you got him for such a cheap price.

There you have it☝️

I love you kind stranger that I've never seen before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad