Confirmed with Link: [EDM/VAN] Oilers acquire Vasily Podkolzin for OTT 4th '25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
The way I look at this is that Podkolzin has top 6 potential while Holloway was never going to play top 6 here.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Anyone know anything about this dude?

Seems like he’s kinda cheeks
Last forest round pick made by Jim Benning (10th overall 2019)

Big body, decent skating and hands, not a defensive liability but doesn’t read the play fast enough to be anymore more than a 4th line winger at this point

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
my buddy is a Canucks fan and he said he was supposed to be a top-5 pick but was staying in Russia for a few years, he apparently didn't get much ice time at all so he thinks he's behind in development but says he has lots of skill and is physical / strong on the puck

his AHL numbers arent terrible

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
It would end up being Holloway + 4th for Pods and a 3rd round pick and 1.3 million cap saving
It's better than nothing... I've heard Vancouver fans talk this guy up for years.
my buddy is a Canucks fan and he said he was supposed to be a top-5 pick but was staying in Russia for a few years, he apparently didn't get much ice time at all so he thinks he's behind in development but says he has lots of skill and is physical / strong on the puck

his AHL numbers arent terrible
Hopefully Vancouver fans aren't 100% full of dung balls.

Another Russian reclamation project... historically Russians are adverse to playing in the AHL.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Podkolzin is a fabulous addition at that price.

He costs less because he has had bad performance but he might look different on our team. These kinds of projects are smart to take on. His value on the Canucks was tanked but he's young enough that he could still have NHL potential to farm

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Podkolzin is a fabulous addition at that price.

He costs less because he has had bad performance but he might look different on our team. These kinds of projects are smart to take on. His value on the Canucks was tanked but he's young enough that he could still have NHL potential to farm
Nucks fans are pissed, so I would agree with you.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Nucks fans are pissed, so I would agree with you.

This trade is kinda reflective. Vancouver fans pissed because he was a first round pick and they are expecting him to break out. Holloway is pretty much the same from the Oilers fan point of view.

management didn’t want to pay him 2.3m a year and they probably feel slighted that he signed the offer sheet.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Would prefer Holloway as he has the speed and talent to occasionally surprise you with a big play/highlight reel goal, but not much the Oilers can do about it.

Hopefully Podkolzin rebounds as he was basically punted from the lineup under Tocchet

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I remember pre draft a big knock on him was tunnel vision but he was fast and a relents forechecked type.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
This trade is kinda reflective. Vancouver fans pissed because he was a first round pick and they are expecting him to break out. Holloway is pretty much the same from the Oilers fan point of view.

management didn’t want to pay him 2.3m a year and they probably feel slighted that he signed the offer sheet.
Agree. If the vets are taking less to stay, hard to keep that guy around.

Reactions: McDoused and Yeah15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad