Confirmed with Link: [EDM/VAN] Oilers acquire Vasily Podkolzin for OTT 4th '25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Nucks fans are pissed, so I would agree with you.
Imo the Canucks were somewhat smart because there was big risk that Pod would be in the press box and then lost on waivers. They got something out of it.

And of course it's smart by us because we are low on waiver priority and we need a Holloway replacement before we decide to move on

Any odds we still match on Holloway?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not a bad audible by the Oil. Stylistically I'd say Podkolzin is closer to replacing Feogele than Holloway though.

He's never met a net drive he didn't like (for better or worse), is a good forechecker/puck hound, decent defensively (or at least effort is always there). He doesn't hit the same way Holloway can though, but neither could Foegele, still an aggressive player though.

At 1mil? I'll take that bet.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
2019 draft in Van city was an interesting one:

8. Broberg
9. Zegras
10. Podkolzin

I like to rewatch drafts on YouTube:

Canucks pick @ 1:20:30

bobs best available at the time of the pick:

IMG_5150.jpeg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oh he's definitely gone now.
Makes sense. Of the Holloway and Broberg offer sheets, I always thought the Holloway one was the bigger slight against the Oilers. With Broberg it makes sense. Its for over twice the money and we don't have a clear spot for him on his dominant side. With Holloway, he has lots of spots here, and left over less than a million. Very odd

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
A skilled winger who plays with an edge. Podkolzin combines his fine hockey sense, puck handling and shooting with an aggressive, in-your-face, type of game. He competes hard, is very difficult to play against and has the tools to be a high scoring player. (EP 2019)
He can bulldoze through a defenseman on his way to the net
Hockeyprospect.com 2019
A force to be reckoned with each time he is on the ice, his explosive skating and speed help him carry the puck with ease
Future Considerations 2019
He takes powerful strides to get up ice and needs only a few steps to reach his top speed
McKeen's Hockey 2019
Very strong on the puck.. plays the hard way.. fierce but disciplined.. sound puck management.. possesses an effective move to his forehand
Draftin Europe 2018
He’s a complete winger with all the qualities that you want in a player
Craig Button - TSN 2018

It would seem that he has some bottom 6 NHL potential.
0.64 ppg in the AHL the last 2 seasons.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just got the notification on my phone. I guess this means Holloway is gone.
I guess it's an ok bet but Podkolzin has.....not been good. Holloway is clearly better but....salary cap and stuff.

I'm sad because I've always really liked Holloway, the player and personality, but he wants to go elsewhere for a little more money, relatively, so enjoy the Blues Dylan. Can't have people who don't want to be here.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Just got the notification on my phone. I guess this means Holloway is gone.
I guess it's an ok bet but Podkolzin has.....not been good. Holloway is clearly better but....salary cap and stuff.

I'm sad because I've always really liked Holloway, the player and personality, but he wants to go elsewhere for a little more money, relatively, so enjoy the Blues Dylan. Can't have people who don't want to be here.
Most likely…

Reactions: oilers'72

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Well I hope he pans out or is a part of something bigger.

Not worth nothing though is the fact the Oilers haven't had a successful Russian-born player in a really long time. Hopefully he's not destined to join the long list of struggling Russians that have played in orange and blue:

- Yakupov
- Yakimov
- Slepyshev
- Nikitin
- Bryzgalov
- Khabibulin
- Belov

I mean the only names that come to mind that were good (if only for a limited time) are Ulanov, Mironov, and Grebeshkov (1st stint).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad