Confirmed with Link: [EDM/SJS] Cody Ceci & EDM 3rd '25 <--> Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Matching Holloway then waiving him and missing out on the compensation pick just to be petty is something the Flames would do (and did do when they accepted less for Tanev instead of trading him to the Oilers).

Just take the pick and let the Blues have an overpaid Holloway.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Matching Holloway then waiving him and missing out on the compensation pick just to be petty is something the Flames would do (and did do when they accepted less for Tanev instead of trading him to the Oilers).

While this is true, the idea behind the speculation was that in exchange for us doing this the Sharks would give us an easy out on our cap crunch.

You could definitely argue that they did that.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
While this is true, the idea behind the speculation was that in exchange for us doing this the Sharks would give us an easy out on our cap crunch.

You could definitely argue that they did that.
Or Grier is just a bad GM, lol.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
Blues fan here, coming in peace.

First I'll say I would love to get both Broberg and Holloway. By far my 2 favorite youngsters in your system.

My thought is what if these moves made today aren't for matching contracts but for replacing what they had as best they can while also clearing cap for this year with Ceci? Feels like they'd have just enough space to bring Barrie back in on the cheap to pair with Nurse.

With Ceci already being a UFA next year that money is already off the books, so exchanging that with matching Broberg only makes next years cap situation that much worse.

The podkolzin and a 3rd for Holloway and a 4th feels the same. Not to match but to replace.

Who knows what will happen but I wish you all the best this year. I was chearing hard for you to win the cup. I'd love to see McDavid win it.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Sharks can’t retain, they already are retaining on 3 players

But you could do like Ceci to Anaheim for a 7th, Ceci (1.625 retained) to Chicago for a 5th, Ceci (0.8125 retained) to Edmonton for a 4th. The result is we pick Ceci back up for barely above league minimum to play on the bottom pairing

Reactions: Morpheus

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
No more nurse and ceci pairing
finished-elijah-wood.gif

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I really hoped that it would have been Kulak trade first, so we could move Broberg to his natural side. Or still trade Kulak, we could then worry about our D at the deadline, but going to season with following D-pairings wouldn't be a disaster.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Emberson
Broberg - Brown
Stecher
I think that defense needs Kulak.

Ay least until you need to make a move mid season. That's a sketchy bottom 3 on a contender.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
I think that defense needs Kulak.

Ay least until you need to make a move mid season. That's a sketchy bottom 3 on a contender.

That's why I said we could worry about it at the deadline, as I bet we gonna score loads of goals anyways this season to win the games.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I know people are saying that their teammates will understand that it’s a business and harbour no ill will towards them, but if the Oilers do end up matching both players, you’d have to believe there would be at least some resentment over their decisions costing a popular locker room guy in Ceci.
Maybe if they were still emotionally stuck in Junior High School.

The Oilers were going to have a hard time winning a cup with Ceci.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Tidy bit of work by Bowman. For those that liked the Nurse-Kulak pair, well there's your RH Kulak. Great skater, not overly big, but hardly small; decent with the puck, and plays clean defence.

Though I'm not sold this means Broberg is matched. The Oil were already over the cap with initially planned ~1mil contacts to Holloway and Broberg. Bringing in Podz and Emberson just gets them back to that same place. Ceci or Kulak needed to be on the chopping block regardless.

Still with this, that's the Oilers technically cap compliant without Kane on LTIR; but they only have 2mil in cap space. As I understand it with Kane on LTIR the Oil can't accrue as the season goes on, so that number won't go up.

1724056737851.png

The only way Broberg fits is if you manage to make Kulak go poof too, but that will also leave with zilch in the way of cap space or roster flexibility. It's that, or Kane actually is on LTIR until the playoffs.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Or match em both and make em sit in PB all season as 13F and #7D

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
San Jose will get a pick back for Ceci at the deadline, possibly better than the EDM 3rd '25, if they use that last retention slot.
I bei there is a handshake deal to get him back at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad