Confirmed with Link: [EDM/SJS] Cody Ceci & EDM 3rd '25 <--> Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If Barrie doesn't have a contract come September I guarantee he's coming here on a PTO.
September isnt that far away either. Having Barrie here on a PTO would be an excellent idea.
I am sure that there have been discussions.

Reactions: McDoused

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Holloway isn't coming back. We need to now trade Kulak to be cap compliant when Kane comes back. Brown goes to the minors. Broberg gets matched and plays 3rd pairing LHD and will move up if necessary. Stetcher and Emberson round out the 2nd and 3rd pair RHD.
I'm thinking Broberg, if they match, is penciled into the top 4.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Massive hyperbole.

Not even a little.

Literally the most damaging non-goaltender in the last 30 playoff years of the Oilers franchise. Demonstrably, primarily responsible for like 4 playoff loses in the last two years - just in terms of his own moronic misplays, inability to handle a forecheck without turning the puck over and losing the play entirely around the net. Don't even get my started on his attempts at pinching up.

He was the chief offender in 2023 Vegas. He almost cost them 2024 Dallas. He did cost them when they inexplicably went back to Ceci-Nurse early in the Final.

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
I'm thinking Broberg, if they match, is penciled into the top 4.
Unless there is some sort of trade of Kulak, he has to be. He's either 2nd pairing RD. or the 7th D on his natural side, which given what he's going to be making, he better not be.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I would pass a lie detector test when I tell you I think that's just straight up true.

Literally the most damaging non-goaltender in the last 30 playoff years of the Oilers franchise. Demonstrably, primarily responsible for like 4 playoff loses in the last two years - just in terms of his own moronic misplays, inability to handle a forecheck without turning the puck over and losing the play entirely around the net.

He and Skinner were the duo responsible for the Vegas loss. He almost cost them Dallas, and did cost them when they inexplicably went back to Nurse-Ceci early in the Final.

He was beyond terrible with Nurse no doubt about it, but I give him some props for his PK play + his weird tendency to perform well in game 7s some how.

Reactions: McDoused and ujju2

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Not even a little.

Literally the most damaging non-goaltender in the last 30 playoff years of the Oilers franchise. Demonstrably, primarily responsible for like 4 playoff loses in the last two years - just in terms of his own moronic misplays, inability to handle a forecheck without turning the puck over and losing the play entirely around the net.

He was the chief offender in 2023 Vegas. He almost cost them 2024 Dallas. He did cost them when they inexplicably went back to Ceci-Nurse early in the Final.
Wow. Just wow. That’s an insane take.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I know Ceci wasn't great, but I think he performed admirably for what he was asked to do for the team throughout his contract.

Sad to see him go like this and it sucks that its SJ he gets dumped to. Maybe they'll be a bit better now that they've got their first overall.

He was honestly overplayed in the lineup.

I don’t think hes great, so don’t get me wrong (he needed to go) but no one looks good with Nurse at this point.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Wow. Just wow. That’s an insane take.

Anyone who watched Cody Ceci directly cause 5-6 goals against, key ones in key losses, in the last two playoff years while also sewering every team statistic offensively or defensively in every series he has played & thinks this is insane, is themselves an ignoramus.

Genuinely no player in thirty years has single handedly contributed to more playoff losses than Cody Ceci. I would hold that up as objectively provable, save maybe goaltenders.

They saved their season by taking him out of the line-up entirely. They sewered their start in the Finals by putting them back together in what was, obviously, Knoblauch's worst ever decision as Oilers coach

If Ceci bombs in San Jose you can probably reaquire him at the deadline for not much, lol.

You could also fold the franchise.

I think that would be smarter.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Does this mean we match the Broberg offer sheet?
100%. Wouldn’t make sense to get rid of ceci and then not sign broberg. Edm’s defense would take a hit. As much as I think broberg’s contract is way too high, maybe he surprises and takes a big step this year? He will have to.

Reactions: nally and McDoused

battlegoon

Jun 13, 2009
Calgary, AB
Not understanding what they'll do with Broberg, I thought one of his main complaints was being utilized as a RD when he prefers his natural side. Unless there's a Kulak move coming.
I think they pulled a “f around and find out” to Holloway and all the future young players who think about trying this again. Then they pulled an “f around and find out” to other teams who try to steal our players by keeping Broberg. And now they’re gonna do one more “f around and find out” to Broberg by forcing him to play RD for the year (or for a while at least) so he doesn’t get everything he wants by signing that ridiculous contract.

Love it all. They handled this masterfully

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
About as best this situation could have been handled. Tidy work by Bowman and JJ in the face of adversity and I’d guess a big f*** you to the Blues as they take the guy they were only using (Holloway) to pry their real target (Broberg) away.

Wasn’t the biggest fan of Ceci but he’ll be missed (especially game 7s). Best of luck to him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad