NFL GDT: Week 2: Groundhog Day for Kirk Cousins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The Eagles lost that because Barkley couldn't handle a lob (thank the Lord) and coaches continue to insist on prevent D for some reason. Hurts is the main reason the Eagles were in it/winning.

Glad my team escaped with the victory. Vibe here in city has been great today :)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Eagles lost that because Barkley couldn't handle a lob (thank the Lord) and coaches continue to insist on prevent D for some reason. Hurts is the main reason the Eagles were in it/winning.

Glad my team escaped with the victory. Vibe here in city has been great today :)
Agreed. Though Hurts does have to clean up some of his mistakes. Have to better manage late game situations. At their own 41 with 1 TO and 27 seconds or so left. Have to be able to throw the ball away or at the feet of his checkdown to get an incomplete pass there, not throw the pick. 2nd and 10 with 21 seconds can still get into FG range.

Yes, no AJ Brown, but back in the Wentz days, he dealt with a weaker WR group and never had anything close to either Brown or Smith.

Barkley should own the loss. Just need to catch the ball and then they kneel out the clock.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Hurts put a ball on his elite RB's hands for the game and he dropped it then his defense got slaughtered by a hobbled Cousins coming from an Achilles for a GW drive that looked like some shit out of Madden. You've gotten be joking if you blame Hurts on that and I'm not even his biggest fan

Huff hasn’t been used as an every down guy yet. He had fewer snaps than Brandon Graham last week. He played 4 more than him last night.

Herbert hasn’t been great at the end of games either. These guys are taught to get the ball in the hands of guys and give them a chance.

Because he'll never be one, you can't pay 17M for him as a player

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hurts put a ball on his elite RB's hands for the game and he dropped it then his defense got slaughtered by a hobbled Cousins coming from an Achilles for a GW drive that looked like some shit out of Madden. You've gotten be joking if you play Hurts on that and I'm not even his biggest fan

Because he'll never be one, you can't pay 17M for him as a player
I don’t think he is one either, but I also don’t think Howie paid him to not even try. Fangio doesn’t seem to think so at all.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
Cousins being better than Dak is a bit different than being on par.
Cousins did not have any lack of offensive talent nor system on Washington. He also had a Shanahan offense, then Jay Gruden. He is nowhere near as competent a pilot of the Shanahan offense as Purdy.
I think Cousins has had a better career than Prescott.. but I was just refuting the dismissive take that it's "laughable" to claim Cousins is better than Prescott. If they're on par, then saying Cousins is better, wouldn't be too hot or laughable a take.

And respectfully, if you think Cousins was surrounded by offensive talent in Washington.. your memory is clouded. They had a terrible run game (circa 2014, 2017 etc), in fact they may have the worst in the league (for a season or two) when Cousins was a starter. He was basically asked to pass on every down.
And I don't get the relevance of Purdy.. he has had a great start to his career.. but his situation has been different than Cousins.. and doesn't influence my feelings on Cousins' career vs Prescott's career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad