Confirmed with Link: [EDM/SJS] Cody Ceci & EDM 3rd '25 <--> Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I know Ceci wasn't great, but he I think he performed admirably for what he was asked to do for the team throughout his contract.

Sad to see him go like this and it sucks that its SJ he gets dumped to. Maybe they'll be a bit better now that they've got their first overall.
His first year was excellent. I hold no ill will towards Ceci. I wish him happy life. I hope he has a big family and tons of grandkids.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
We have no money and no chips to trade for upgrades if we match broberg.
I should clarify that the Oilers need to find players within the current roster. As I mentioned, Henrique is the 5th forward. Then one of Arvidsson, Podkolzin will need to fill the 6th slot.

Broberg is the obvious player to fill the PK role that Ceci leaves. Emberson or Stecher will get an audition as well.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
St. Louis is now my second favorite NHL team for forcing them to do this.

Cody Ceci was, and I don't think I'm even exaggerating, one of the single most disastrous players the Oilers organization has EVER had (result relative to ice-time in a winning season being my criteria).

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Not understanding what they'll do with Broberg, I thought one of his main complaints was being utilized as a RD when he prefers his natural side. Unless there's a Kulak move coming.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wonder if the Oilers are still looking at Barrie or Schultz at a low/minimum deal, have to think either guy could take some pressure off Broberg playing on his off side, then Stetcher is the 7th d and Brown goes down.

Reactions: McDoused

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah between him and Stetcher, we'll have our 3rd pairing RHS guy. This is assuming we match Broberg and play him on his off side on the 2nd pairing with Nurse.
and Brown.

Lots of competition for that spot. I wonder if we move Kulak for a RD and have broberg play 3rd pairing LD.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I wonder if the Oilers are still looking at Barrie or Schultz at a low/minimum deal, have to think either guy could take some pressure off Broberg playing on his off side, then Stetcher is the 7th d and Brown goes down.
Emberson is a defensive right shot D that had good defensive numbers on SJ after being grabbed off waivers from the Rangers after training camp. Knoblauch coached him for a year in Hartford. A combination of Emberson and Stecher may be the answer.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I wonder if they look at moving Kulak now with assets for a proper top 4 RD.

That is certainly a move that they could make if they want. If they sign Broberg though, then the player coming back will have to make what Kulak makes or less. I think the more likely option is they just roll with Broberg on his off side on the 2nd pairing. I think it might be hard to find a guy making =< Kulak for Kulak and a 2nd rounder. But I haven't exactly done a lot of looking either, lol, so that player might well exist.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Broberg when he walks into the Oilers dressing room at training camp.

3xFuY6X3zy587_2cRGfOIt9ZP80=.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not understanding what they'll do with Broberg, I thought one of his main complaints was being utilized as a RD when he prefers his natural side. Unless there's a Kulak move coming.

Is there any actual proof that Broberg ever even said that.

I think he was sour about not given full time minutes prior to that but that's a different can of worms.

Dude got offered a 4 million deal, you can't turn that down.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
St. Louis is now my second favorite NHL team for forcing them to do this.

Cody Ceci was, and I don't think I'm even exaggerating, one of the single most disastrous players the Oilers organization has EVER had (result relative to ice-time in a winning season being my criteria).
Massive hyperbole.

Look at brobergs numbers in the playoffs lastyear. It’s a massive gamble to bet on him for 4.5m. And because of that we have no money or chips to trade for an upgrade at the deadline unless we lose a significant player to injury because we are starting the season in LTIR and won’t accrue any relief by the deadline. Massive gamble imho and not one likely to pan out. By the end of the year I bet a large portion of people here will be calling for brobergs head as he fails under the pressure

Not mention how well liked ceci was in the dressing room and wanted to be there. Unlike Broberg.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I was wondering the same thing.
Barrie especially because he is a known quantity.

Regarding Emberson...I dont know a damn thing about the player.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
His first year was excellent. I hold no ill will towards Ceci. I wish him happy life. I hope he has a big family and tons of grandkids.
Agreed--he was a good warrior for the club and sometimes had to cover for Nurse's mistakes. I think he took more criticism than he deserved.

It was probably Codi's last season with the Oilers anyway so really this hastened the process from an Oiler's perspective.

Life will be sweet for him in San Jose and the winters -believe it or not--are warmer than in Edmonton. Tough stuff to take but he'll survive.

Good luck and all the best to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad