Confirmed with Link: [EDM] Oilers extend Leon Draisaitl (8 Years, $14M AAV, NMC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Spent a few minutes at work putting this together for everyone worried about the cap:

View attachment 904859

This year will be easiest to manage. Next year won't be terrible with McDavid still on his contract. It will be the year after that is critical to find cap savings. After that, I don't see why we can't be competitive for the next decade. Players like these will still be difference makers at age 33, 34 and 35.
Good post
Gotta say though, its when you add 20M for Bouchard and Nurse into the 26/27 year that things start to get tight with the number of contracts we will have to sign.

Reactions: McDoused

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Good post
Gotta say though, its when you add 20M for Bouchard and Nurse into the 26/27 year that things start to get tight with the number of contracts we will have to sign.

I think the true wild card here is Skinner. I think he's a candidate to fit into one of these two camps:

1 - He kind of stays how he is now - good, but not great goalie with some warts, but a guy you don't have a problem listing as your starter. Puts up good numbers, but kind of leaves you wanting more. Has periods of being terrible.

2 - He takes another step or two, wins a championship and performs well en route, and cements himself as one of the league's top goalies.

Both are problematic in their own way.

1 - This profile of goalie is going to probably command $7+AAV. Do we want to go that direction with a goalie that can get you to the dance, but maybe not close on it? Do we want to spend valuable cap space on a position that could conceivably be "money balled" more so than other positions?

2 - We probably have to trade him, because he's going to command $9+.

I think the organization has to start game planning around this. Unless his game goes backwards, we are likely looking at a scenario where dealing him, or walking away because we simply won't be able to fit him in.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Connor signing for 8 years next summer

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Not a fan of the Oilers but I'd be lying if I said I was not super excited right now. This obviously confirms McDavid is staying and having these two once in a blue moon players visit my home barn multiples times a year is a pleasure I will enjoy and not take for granted.

cheers and see you on the ice..

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Finally able to properly post (on the phone is a pain in the butt).

This is a huge signing for the team, the City, and for the fans. Why? he's a homegrown superstar that wanted to sign and stay here and forgoing free agency.

Some may call me crazy for saying this but, before this, all our superstars decided to leave when UFA came around for the money and rightfully so as we could never afford to sign those players to these contracts due to ownership issues. It could've continued if Draisaitl did go UFA and followed the money.

Finally those days are over with and i'm totally stoked for this upcoming season and onward.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It's been forever since a true top player wanted to stay in EDM. Pronger was the last top guy but he bolted after a year. I would say it has been since the 80s? Good God that's a long time. lol

North

Jun 25, 2009
No. I don't see the point of interacting with infantiles, who engage in repeated provocations.
Says the person who responded in the most immature way.

You speak in absolutes and get pushback on a forum and don’t like it.

Also it’s clear you’re still sore about what happened in the other thread.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Says the person who responded in the most immature way.

You speak in absolutes and get pushback on a forum and don’t like it.

Also it’s clear you’re still sore about what happened in the other thread.

Seriously, man, I have no interest in this kind of stuff. I come here for hockey news and hockey-related discussions. I don't feel like revisiting the argument the other day. I was also not the one initiating a discussion with you in this thread. If you have any issues with my ways of seeing the world, you can just ignore what I say. There are hundreds of posters here with whom you can engage if you feel like it.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Seriously, man, I have no interest in this kind of stuff. I come here for hockey news and hockey-related discussions. I don't feel like revisiting the argument the other day. I was also not the one initiating a discussion with you in this thread. If you have any issues with my ways of seeing the world, you can just ignore what I say. There are hundreds of posters here with whom you can engage if you feel like it.
You posted on a message board. I responded.

We’re free to do that here. You could have just ignored my response if you didn’t care for it.

I’m going back to the Leon discussion since there is nothing productive happening between us.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not a fan of the Oilers but I'd be lying if I said I was not super excited right now. This obviously confirms McDavid is staying and having these two once in a blue moon players visit my home barn multiples times a year is a pleasure I will enjoy and not take for granted.

I didn’t see many Oilers games during the Decade of Darkness (gave my tix to staff usually) but I always went to see Toews, Kane and Kieth when the Hawks came to town. They were a lot of fun to watch back in their prime.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
No. I don't see the point of interacting with infantiles, who engage in repeated provocations.
Yet you speak in super negative absolutes.

Why’d you change your name.

I almost thought there was a coffee imposter

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I know I have a couple of people blocked. I think that is why sometimes I see a weird response to something I am assuming the person quoted some antagonist that I have blocked.
I think many of us have those same people blocked because I’m not seeing those posts either. The ignore feature can make this site much more pleasurable if you choose to use it.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
LeBron makes that in one year.
Mike Tyson made that in a couple fights.

However, he donated a lot of it to his "posse" and a bunch of other hangers on.

I didn’t see many Oilers games during the Decade of Darkness (gave my tix to staff usually) but I always went to see Toews, Kane and Kieth when the Hawks came to town. They were a lot of fun to watch back in their prime.
Especially when Sammy torched them for 8 points.:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad