Confirmed with Link: [EDM] Oilers extend Leon Draisaitl (8 Years, $14M AAV, NMC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The NHLPA doesn’t have a say in it. McDavid could sign a league minimum deal and they could do nothing about it.

Can’t wait until that myth dies
Didn’t that myth already die with the introduction of the salary cap? The NHLPA had a vested interest in driving up salaries in an era where no limits were placed on them. Think of the Doug Weight contract here in the late 90’s. That hasn’t been the case since 2005. Individual agents have an interest in getting as much money for their clients as possible still, as they always will but the NHLPA has none. The players are getting 50% of revenues irregardless of how it’s split up.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Did take a discount could've been paid way more in free agency.
Compared to an overpay in free agency I guess. But were comparing to like if the Sharks wanted him steal him onto a rebuild at 16M.

A deal to retain a player in a City he loves and on a true contender. I'd look at Mackinnon's deal as a comp. Same percentage of cap as MacK and I'd consider it a discount.

Reactions: JeffSkinner53

powerserge

Oct 12, 2022
It’s a good day. Hopefully draisaitl doesn’t regret signing for such an amount.
Oilers will regret for such an amount. Been quiet. Happy to have Drai. Our window is 2 years. McD will kick in then we have plugs as a surrounding cast. Even if the cap goes to 100 million,this will be the case for a few years. So now it is true cup or bust.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Compared to an overpay in free agency I guess. But were comparing to like if the Sharks wanted him steal him onto a rebuild at 16M.

A deal to retain a player in a City he loves and on a true contender. I'd look at Mackinnon's deal as a comp. Same percentage of cap as MacK and I'd consider it a discount.

tbh the cap hit % is pretty similar when mac signed his

Also, why do leafs fans even give a shit about this signing? nothing to do with them

Reactions: AM

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Also, why do leafs fans even give a shit about this signing? nothing to do with them

Because they will never get over being butt hurt over the 2015 draft lottery and feeling they were owed McDavid.

It's like that weirdo who had a crush on your wife in high school who still is trying to creep on her even though he's now married himself. It's like get lost dude.

They got their lottery win with Matthews and their Draisaitl is Marner but they're still upset.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Yeh I think it's 15.1% vs. 15.2%. That's not bad. But MacK is also their best player and Drai is our 2nd best player.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
In fairness to Janet Jones as well, if Wayne had stayed in Edmonton she would've accepted that. She hit the jack pot marrying the prince of Canada basically (lol) and she knew it, she wasn't going to force him to leave a championship team to film Police Academy movies.

Pocklington f***ed that situation up. If we had an owner like Katz back then, Gretzky would've been an Oiler until at least 1992 or 1993.
History proves this post correct. She took a lot of heat that never held up. Not only are they still married today but her acting career pretty much ended after their wedding. She put that on the back burner to raise a family with 5 kids.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Now we need to win the cup and become a discount city for players wanting the holy grail. Defence looks shaky but the Offence this season is gonna destroy lots of 6 plus goal games coming up

Don't want mathews. Why bring his name up??
Nostrils is in it for money nothing else Greedy as they come designer purses are expensive you know

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
History proves this post correct. She took a lot of heat that never held up. Not only are they still married today but her acting career pretty much ended after their wedding. She put that on the back burner to raise a family with 5 kids.

Yep. It was Pocklington's fault, 100%.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Can't complain about locking up Drai!

14mil feels a bit a touch steep for what will be the back half of his career, but considering they're past the Covid cap freeze and have swapped the biggest financial drain in the league for what should be a decent market in Salt Lake (+ Seattle being a revenue stream) I wouldn't be shocked to see the cap at or nearing 100mil by the first season of McDavid's new deal.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad