Confirmed with Link: [EDM] Oilers extend Leon Draisaitl (8 Years, $14M AAV, NMC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Drai, McDavid and RNH become lifetime Oilers. I know McDavid will likely get a street named after him but I wonder if Drai and RNH will get theirs too?

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I watched Gretzky get sold. Coffey traded over money. I watched Messier get sold. Kurri. Andersen. Tikkanen. Cujo. Weight. Smyth. On and on. So it’s pleasing to see a legitimate superstar sign a contract that will see him retire in our jersey rather than seeing our idols in other colours. I can only hope we see McDavid do the same.

Let’s not be harsh on people wishing the AAV was lower. I do too. The elephant in the room is how short on assets we are and how low on cap space we will be finding ourselves. The goal is the Cup. I hope we will be competitive when paying Nurse, Drai, McDavid and soon Bouchard. I honestly don’t know if we will be able to.

Time will tell, but we have a great player and we kept that great player.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
All I know is Draisaitl Street and McDavid Ave better intersect
dwayne-johnson-The-Rock-nripgidxb6g0mn66jz4jr34z67kz83tqfnvhdqoq6g.jpg

bleatbloop

Aug 20, 2024
Only a week ago my posts were getting deleted for suggesting Draisaitl will take 14+, while many were believing he would come in at 12-12.5.

He was playing on the best contract in the league for 5+ years now, it's his right and he deserves to take as much as we were capable of giving 100%. Superstar player.

We better pray the cap skyrockets though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad