Proposal: (EDM) Nail Yakupov for (TOR) Connor Brown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Love how over rated yak is by oil fans. We as leaf fans most definitely over rate our players as well, all fan bases do of course, but nothing like yak with some oil fans. He is on track to be as big of a bust as Alex Daigle, seriously their career paths are quite close in trajectory.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Love how over rated yak is by oil fans. We as leaf fans most definitely over rate our players as well, all fan bases do of course, but nothing like yak with some oil fans. He is on track to be as big of a bust as Alex Daigle, seriously their career paths are quite close in trajectory.

We know Yak has no value. Hence why we're not moving him.

We just don't value your AHL guys as much you do.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Yakupov is a more proven player and has a lot of skill. I would love to get him but I want to keep developing brown and see what we got in him. The leafs already have a crowded roster woth many young guys going back to the ahl. The Oilers probably won't want to trade yak unless they get a dmen back. While the trade isn't bad, I think brown will be a stud and am not sure how good yak would do Babs system. I would pass on the deal as a leaf fan.

He is not proven by any means. Only thing he's proven is to be a borderline NHL player. Talent was there in junior but he has been awful in the pros. His play style does not work against grown men.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Two players, taken in the same draft, playing the same position, and the one with 1 nhl goal, 6 points, and 7 nhl games at age 22 has more value? Riiiigghhht.

stats out of context :handclap: Lets just ignore the fact that Yak has been a complete bust and doesn't even look like he belongs in the NHL. Lets ignore the fact that Brown has played exceptionally well at every level since his draft +1. I guess Yak is better than Auston Matthews too. One has 0 nhl experience while the other has been playing for years...logic :sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They werent taken in the same draft, which is the point.

And Luke Schenn was a better player than Jared Spurgeon 3 years post draft as well. Development isn't linear.

Yak has been give the chance for 4 years and has proven what he can do to this point. I happen to believe Connor Brown can do at least as good given the opportunity.

You can just automatically choose Yakupov because he was advanced enough at a younger age to be in the NHL, if that's what you want to choose to do then great.

So lets not do the deal then? Great, that's what almost every Leafs fan here wants.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
And Luke Schenn was a better player than Jared Spurgeon 3 years post draft as well. Development isn't linear.

Yak has been give the chance for 4 years and has proven what he can do to this point. I happen to believe Connor Brown can do at least as good given the opportunity.

So lets not do the deal then? Great, that's what almost every Leafs fan here wants.

It's mutual. This whole chatter was started because of the always wrong Eklund. You can pretty much guarantee the opposite will happen now. Don't see anything productive happening keeping this open.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
Don't want him anyways. OP wasn't an Oiler fan. Just looked, it was a Leaf fan that posted this :handclap:.

Can't believe Eklund duped HF again.

if Ekmund has ever duped you , you are in big trouble
I honestly can't believe anyone over 12 would read Ekmund ........ ( read let alone believe him ?? )
and can't believe anyone would post that garbage on here on here ....
who would pay for that site ? even if it was free ... why go on there ?

just strange - Ekmund must have a few accounts on here , it's prob his source too

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I honestly can't believe anyone over 12 would read Ekmund ........ ( read let alone believe him ?? )

just strange - Ekmund must have a few accounts on here , it's prob his source too

His "Eklund Rumour" tag should be removed. He's garbage and not a source at all. For anything.

varano

Jun 27, 2013

Who the **** is ekmund

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
They werent taken in the same draft, which is the point.

Having more years in the nhl does not make player x better than player y, which is the point. That is the worst argument one can make for why a player is better than another player. Theres guys that have been playing for 10+ years and McDavid would destroy them all. Evaluate a player for who he is, that was a weak argument (the op i responded too)

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Really no reason to bump this.

The Oilers already have the role filled. His name is Jordan Eberle.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Brown and Yakupov were both drafted the same year.
Talk him up as much as you want but Yakupov >>> Brown until Brown puts together a couple of decent NHL seasons.

If nothing else Yak is the expansion draft bait for the Oilers to leave unprotected.
Until Yak puts together a couple of decent seasons....yak isn't>>> almost anyone....

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
lmao in what world would Brown in a package get you a top 4 Dman? Unless Kadri is the basis for the trade than keep dreaming.

Why would the Oilers trade a player who has actually put up points in the NHL for a small 6th rounder who has done exactly nothing in the Nhl. Oh I forgot he's leafs property so he's automatically over valued to the extreme.

Yes, you're right I think Yak should stay right where he belongs.
This is an easy pass from the Leafs.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Taking his career bests..... 17 goals, 33 points. Thats a high end 2nd line player or low end 1st line player????

Considering that was a shorten season yeah it was that year . The rest of the years not so much out side of a few games with McD at the start of last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad