Proposal: (EDM) Nail Yakupov for (TOR) Connor Brown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's quite amazing and funny that many are sitting here and saying that they would not do Yak for C. Brown. I am one of those people as well and it just feels strange saying it. I don't even know what I would want to trade for Yak at this point either. I think that maybe some kind of pick compensation with a B prospect. Leivo, Lindberg, Hyman. In a lot of ways I even liked what Sosh brought to the table more than what I see out of Yak most times.

He really is a hard player to fall in love with, although, I think he has value to someone.

Mr Hockey*

Leafs make this trade all day long, HF Leafs fans will not trade Brown and consider him close to Nylander's level :nod:

member 157595

Leafs fan.

There's no justification for this from Edmonton's perspective. They've had enough prospects, need to compete in the very near future, and even if they did trade Yakupov right now Brown doesn't do anything for them. He doesn't fill a need.

From Toronto's end, I wouldn't move Brown for Yakupov either, regardless of whether or not Yakupov has more trade value.

I don't see the point from either end, especially Edmonton's.

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
Who the hell is Connor Brown?

A former 6th round pick by the Leafs whose climbed the ladder since being drafted. Considered by many Leaf fans to be a legit prospect, myself included.

Having said that, due to his draft status as not being a 1st round pick, he wouldn't be of any interest to the Oilers.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
My mistake I didn't realize he was a junior A player as a 17 year old, he had 1 monster season in the OHL playing with McDavid other then that he was pretty mediocre.

You mean the same locker room?
They didn't play on the same line, except during the PP.

Seemed pretty good without McDavid on his call up.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I don't see why Edmonton would be interested in something like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad