Proposal: Edm/Mtl/Ari

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
To edm

price @50%

to mtl

edm 2022 2nd

to ari
(They will retain 50% on price)
Holloway
Bourgault
2022 1st
Kosk

Edit if Mtl wants they can retain and keep the entire haul

Last edited:

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
How much is price worth at 10.5m for 4 more years.

not sure he gets claimed in waivers at that contract.

Hold up

MTL only gets a 2nd for price, but Arizona gets 3 prospects AND a first for retaining 50%?!

go back to the drawing board on this cause cause this ain’t it fam

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
Lol let me get this straight Montreal only gets a 2nd for price ? wow this has to be one of the worse proposals I have see in a long time.

Mtl can retain and keep the entire haul, not sure they would actually do that though.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
So, 10.5M in cap space is worth a 2nd but taking on half(5.25M) of that is worth 3 1st's & a competent goalie.

Cool logic.

Reactions: voxel

bretpatrick7

Apr 17, 2015
To edm

price @50%

to mtl

edm 2022 2nd

to ari
Holloway
Bourgault
2022 1st
Kosk

One of the worst trade proposals i have seen for Montreal on this board. give away their star goalie who brought them to the final AND retain 50% for a useless 2nd roundpick. Counter proposal: Byron for Mcdavid... edmonton retains 50%. May as well continue the ridiculous proposals.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
50% retention for 4 years? Taking up your final rention spot? Thats not remotely realistic
It’s not realistic because it’s way too good for Arizona. And it would only take up the last retention slot for this season. Kuemper's AS contract expires this summer. Arizona can live with not being able to retain on Kessel, if it means they get THREE 1st round picks. Haha. Arizona would probably do this even if you took our Bourgalt. But I still don’t think Edmonton would.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
One of the worst trade proposals i have seen for Montreal on this board. give away their star goalie who brought them to the final AND retain 50% for a useless 2nd roundpick. Counter proposal: Byron for Mcdavid... edmonton retains 50%. May as well continue the ridiculous proposals.

Montreal is not retaining in the proposal. Arizona is.

It's still ridiculous though.

Edit: I see he edited the OP to include a scenario where Montreal retains but at least they get 3 firsts & a decent goalie & not just a 2nd.

Ledge And Dairy

It’s not realistic because it’s way too good for Arizona. And it would only take up the last retention slot for this season. Kuemper's AS contract expires this summer. Arizona can live with not being able to retain on Kessel, if it means they get THREE 1st round picks. Haha. Arizona would probably do this even if you took our Bourgalt. But I still don’t think Edmonton would.
Ok and what happens when you have to pay all your RFA's in 3 years and are retaining for 4?

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
If we trade Price, the concept of having Arizona retain and then flipping him to a contender in a 3 team trade is interesting. The OP's values are way off but I like the idea.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Habs would need Price to return and play at a good level if they have any hopes of trading him. In July they could look to trade him assuming he wants out and plays well once he's back as he will be owed 24.5M over 4 years so 6.125M per year.

So if the Habs eat 4M per in cap space his cap hit would be 6.5M. If he's playing well and teams that have need of a veteran goalie, they might be able to not only move him but get something of value back.

Reactions: jfhabs

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
To edm

price @50%

to mtl

edm 2022 2nd

to ari
Holloway
Bourgault
2022 1st
Kosk

To edm

price @50%

to mtl

edm 2022 2nd

to ari
Holloway
Bourgault
2022 1st
Kosk

put down the giggle water if you think CP31 is worth only a 2nd - even at 10 mill. you must suffer from short term memory loss after what he did last spring and summer

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
The Habs would need Price to return and play at a good level if they have any hopes of trading him. In July they could look to trade him assuming he wants out and plays well once he's back as he will be owed 24.5M over 4 years so 6.125M per year.

So if the Habs eat 4M per in cap space his cap hit would be 6.5M. If he's playing well and teams that have need of a veteran goalie, they might be able to not only move him but get something of value back.

see thats where youre wrong the oilers can go after gibson and pay less, i dont see why this is even an option trading for price. mtl fans and franchise adore and over value price, not saying hes not a good goalie but hes pretty well done comparing to gibson where you can probably get him for kosk, yamo, a prospect and a 2nd and have the same cap hit as what you suggested the 6,5m. holloway xb a first and kosk for price at 50% is still to much. rather have the 7yr younger gibson he especially fits in to where age of this core is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad