Proposal: Edm/Mtl/Ari

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
see thats where youre wrong the oilers can go after gibson and pay less, i dont see why this is even an option trading for price. mtl fans and franchise adore and over value price, not saying hes not a good goalie but hes pretty well done comparing to gibson where you can probably get him for kosk, yamo, a prospect and a 2nd and have the same cap hit as what you suggested the 6,5m. holloway xb a first and kosk for price at 50% is still to much. rather have the 7yr younger gibson he especially fits in to where age of this core is.

I never said the oilers would be interested, I was just saying in general that if Price comes back and plays well, and the Habs were willing to eat around 4M in cap space, that come July after his bonus is paid he'll be owed 24.5M and imo there will be teams interested. I don't know which ones, sorry for the confusion since I know this thread was about a trade with the oilers but I just meant in general how a Price trade might be able to work out.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Hard pass from Edmonton. When Price is healthy and on his game, he can be fantastic. That doesn’t happen often enough to be worth that kind of haul and cap space.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Price even at 50% is worth nowhere near this amount.

2 1st rounds pick (both of whom have projected up since draft), a 1st in a strong draft and a 2nd for a mediocre goalie who is signed for 5 more years at 5.25 million until he is 38? Not a chance.

Price has significant negative value and Montreal is stuck with that boat anchor. Montreal getting to dump him and get a 2nd round pick, along with Arizona cleaning up on the futures front show how bad this proposal is for Edmonton.

UED

May 2, 2021
3 1sts who are looking good for a 34 year old goalie who doesn't even want to play anymore is insane. Arizona can keep their cap space, we'll retain ourselves and take the players thank you

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
3 1sts who are looking good for a 34 year old goalie who doesn't even want to play anymore is insane. Arizona can keep their cap space, we'll retain ourselves and take the players thank you
Who says price doesn’t want to play anymore? What a ridiculous take

Reactions: Dutronc

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Lol let me get this straight Montreal only gets a 2nd for price ? wow this has to be one of the worse proposals I have see in a long time.

He wasn't even protected at the expansion draft.
With the 50% retention ... if he comes back and plays well I think Montreal needs more coming their way for sure.
To be selling Price at a good... price... no pun intended I think Price has massive value.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I'm not sure you know who Holloway and Bourgault are if you think Edmonton is the one winning this trade.

Yo. Are you for real???

We trade Carey Motherf***ing Price for a 2nd in that deal.

You might not win this trade, but at least you're not "us" in that proposal. You got a bad deal. We got litteraly robbed. Bergevin is banished from the Province for High Treason if he were to pull that shit

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Hold up

MTL only gets a 2nd for price, but Arizona gets 3 prospects AND a first for retaining 50%?!

go back to the drawing board on this cause cause this ain’t it fam
You realize Price just went unclaimed in the expansion draft. If someone would have traded for him, Seattle would have claimed him and traded him to them.

Price has absolutely no value with his contract.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
So, 10.5M in cap space is worth a 2nd but taking on half(5.25M) of that is worth 3 1st's & a competent goalie.

Cool logic.
I don't think you are understanding the logic. Montreal is getting a 2nd in exchange for Price and his 10.5m cap hit. They are gaining 10.5m, and a 2nd rounder. How does that make 10.5m worth a 2nd?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
To edm

price @50%

to mtl

edm 2022 2nd

to ari
(They will retain 50% on price)
Holloway
Bourgault
2022 1st

Kosk

Edit if Mtl wants they can retain and keep the entire haul

Are you out of your mind? The Oilers can't afford to take on Price's contract even at 50%. Three first round assets? Jebus.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
You realize Price just went unclaimed in the expansion draft. If someone would have traded for him, Seattle would have claimed him and traded him to them.

Price has absolutely no value with his contract.

were you asleep during the ED? there's a reason he went unclaimed and it's because Seattle got played

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
To edm

price @50%

to mtl

edm 2022 2nd

to ari
Holloway
Bourgault
2022 1st
Kosk

I am not considering whether such an exchange is necessary for Edmonton or Montreal. I only consider matching compensation. Does such an exchange need Edmonton or Montreal? I do not know.

Carey Price UFA 2026, AAV $10,500,000.
“Carey Price = 2022 2nd“. I disagree with this. This is not enough. I think the minimum is 2023 1st + 2022 2nd.
Is this what Montreal should get? I disagree with this. This is what Montreal has to give.
And try to find a partner in the deal. If there is an exchange without the participation of a third team. And without withholding wages. Maybe Montreal will be lucky. It's like winning the lottery. Chances are small, but sometimes it happens.
I'm trying to introduce a Stanley Cup team that wants Carey Price (AAV $10,500,000). I can't do it.

(@ 50% ret $5,250,000 over the next four seasons) = “Holloway + Bourgault + 2022 1st + Kosk“.
This is approximately the 3rd 1st. I think this is the minimum price for such a salary retention. The specific candidate is completely unimportant. Important - $5,250,000 over the next four seasons. In the era of the salary ceiling. Do you think it costs less? About 2 1st? I disagree with this. Which team will agree for this price?

Montreal retains $ 5,250,000 salary? Does Montreal need this? I doubt it.

I think Carey Price (AAV $5,250,000) might be of interest. The third team (@ 50% ret) should be well compensated. Many factors must converge for such a transaction.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
How much is price worth at 10.5m for 4 more years.

not sure he gets claimed in waivers at that contract.
At that point the habs would be better of retaining themselves... that would be a great deal for both teams imo

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
see thats where youre wrong the oilers can go after gibson and pay less, i dont see why this is even an option trading for price. mtl fans and franchise adore and over value price, not saying hes not a good goalie but hes pretty well done comparing to gibson where you can probably get him for kosk, yamo, a prospect and a 2nd and have the same cap hit as what you suggested the 6,5m. holloway xb a first and kosk for price at 50% is still to much. rather have the 7yr younger gibson he especially fits in to where age of this core is.
If any fan base overrate Price it's any but the habs fan base. Every time the habs as done any good in the last 15 years was because of Price according to them. AHL team carried by super human goalie is what I keep hearing/reading.
Don't think the Ducks have any interest in moving Gibson and you're offer is wayy off. Not even giving a 1st come on.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
To edm

price @50%

to mtl

edm 2022 2nd

to ari
Holloway
Bourgault
2022 1st
Kosk

Laughable offer . Don't want Price . Rather give that up for Gibson .This isn't a fantasy league or a bush league you can just throw out shit offers

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Amazingly I think all 3 teams say no.
Edmonton pays way too much, albeit Price is still one of the best there are other cheaper options.
Arizona would be crazy to retain over 5M for 4.75 years, even if they do get some good assets.
Montreal isn't trading their franchise goalie while they are still trying to win now. If they go full rebuild I could see it but that isn't likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad