Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Milan Lucic (7 years, $6.000M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Overpaid and obvious high bid win.

Well, even though you made a post that was six words, it still managed to be 100% wrong. Lucic confirmed at his presser that he was offered more money and Chiarelli noted he was offered more years (8, by LA). He chose Edmonton.

Unfortunately, you will need to find a new tack to knock this signing.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Meh, I like how it seems like Edmonton is actually finally trying to go down a bit of a different path. The contract certainly isn't good, but they've sucked for so damn long I don't think this, combined with the Hall trade were bad moves at all.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Edmonton, today, is a lot better than Edmonton a week ago.
I wonder how they're going to keep this team together though if it does go well.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Considering that Lucic was the best UFA available, the contract is about what I expected. He still has a few prime years ahead of him before he will likely start to decline and he will add a much needed presence to the Oilers lineup. A risky but necessary move for the Oilers.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I wonder how they're going to keep this team together though if it does go well.

Good thing for them is the contracts Larsson& Klefbom are on, both signed at 4.16M longterm.
And in time I doubt they'd have a problem with moving Eberle for cap space.

I've been thinking about this signing a lot and I like it for Edmonton, to me they are looking like a potential playoff team.
I was afraid of Boston re-signing him at the time but Edmonton is in a completely different situation.

McDavid 19y, Pulju 18y, Dra 20y, RNH 23y, Eberle 25y, Lucic at 28y is a great veteran add to that forward group, Cup winner still in his prime.
6M cap hit is a good number for Oilers.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So are oiler fans happy with signing now? I love it for u guys but seems like everyone leading up to today was pissed off if Chia gives him a 7 year deal and pissed if it was more than like 5 mill... too lazy to go thru thread to read comments haha

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Good move by the Oilers imo. Wish Mtl had picked him up. Not their fault they had to over-term. Can thank Gary for that. Any Canadian team has to overpay for gamers these days, unfortunately.

It's either over-pay or over-term or stick to mediocracy and deal with the moronic fans and media.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Good move by the Oilers imo. Not their fault they had to over-term. Can thank Gary for that. Any Canadian team has to overpay for their own players these days, unfortunately.

Oh ya it was expected Oilers wpuld have to overpay.. but imo it's all good.. I love lucic

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
The only place the Oilers overpaid was term.

However a 35 year old Lucic at 6 will probably be better then a 37 year old Backes at the same cap hit.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So are oiler fans happy with signing now? I love it for u guys but seems like everyone leading up to today was pissed off if Chia gives him a 7 year deal and pissed if it was more than like 5 mill... too lazy to go thru thread to read comments haha

Can't generalize... I'm okay with the deal (1 year too long) but I am one of the few that liked the Hall-for-Larsson trade (Oilers lost but filled a need).

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Is there any links to the information on the LA offer?

Edit: good signing for EDM, your team looks like it's rounding out nicely. I do think you may hate the deal for years 5-7 but that's the price of doing business. You live with that possible scenario to get better today. Seriously happy to see EDM finally putting it together.

ssimpson84

Jul 1, 2016
Vancouver
Even with McDavid at 9.7, I am not worried

Good thing for them is the contracts Larsson& Klefbom are on, both signed at 4.16M longterm.
And in time I doubt they'd have a problem with moving Eberle for cap space.

I've been thinking about this signing a lot and I like it for Edmonton, to me they are looking like a potential playoff team.
I was afraid of Boston re-signing him at the time but Edmonton is in a completely different situation.

McDavid 19y, Pulju 18y, Dra 20y, RNH 23y, Eberle 25y, Lucic at 28y is a great veteran add to that forward group, Cup winner still in his prime.
6M cap hit is a good number for Oilers.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers/salary ---> Do the math..

Even with McDavid at $9.7 in 2 years, we can handle that and more... thank god for Larson & Klefbom at $4.5 each.

First post, long time user... glad to be a part of HF!!

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Oh ya it was expected Oilers wpuld have to overpay.. but imo it's all good.. I love lucic

Can't stand the guy, but would have loved him on the Habs. If that makes any sense. :)

It'll give the Oil some much needed sandpaper up front to blend in with that skill.

End of the day I like seeing top UFAs sign in Canada.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Our D is cheap. With any luck, Larsson and Klefbom will pan out for the better, and they are the cheapest, most long term players we have back there. Sekera is a sizable cap hit but a reasonable one.

Raises for Talbot, Draisaitl, and McDavid will test our cap but it looks like we'll be okay.

Faax

Mar 12, 2013
Well, even though you made a post that was six words, it still managed to be 100% wrong. Lucic confirmed at his presser that he was offered more money and Chiarelli noted he was offered more years (8, by LA). He chose Edmonton.

Unfortunately, you will need to find a new tack to knock this signing.

more money on a much shorter term and more years at far less money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad