Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Milan Lucic (7 years, $6.000M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Man Chia is a dumba** 7 years has he gone mental 4 or 5 would of been fine starting to hate this guys so much

His agent is on the radio right now saying multiple teams were willing to give him 7 years. If he didn't get it from Edmonton, he would have got it from someone else.

The guy is only 28. People are being over dramatic.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
you guys should just boycott games til he fired lol

he lost every trade he has made so far what a bum

i'm still so chapped at the hall trade can't believe he couldn't even get a damn pick out of it

but that subban trade is pretty bad

i think we are kind of f we have barely any fire power mcd

man chia is a dumba** 7 years has he gone mental 4 or 5 would of been fine starting to hate this guys so much

yawn......

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Geez, so much hate on this.

Looch brings so much balance to the Oilers. People need to understand he doesn't sign a contract there without the seven years.

As I see it, Oilers go from an All flash team to a more lumbering, cerebral team. Like this move. As a Hawks fan am I worried about the Oilers? No. But something tells me the Hawks beat the Oilers in the playoffs next year and it's the last time the Hawks beat the Oilers in the playoffs for a long time.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
All these lenghty contracts mean one thing, players got words next CBA may not be friendly, they cashing in now and looking on long term to keep future safe.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
oilers are getting size to go along with speed. lucic, maroon, nurse. they are a lot better of a team with Larsson and lucic, then hall

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The hate in this thread is great... everyone know the Oilers have balanced their roster and did what all of the Oiler haters said they needed to do... "Stop over valuing your players", "trade your forward talent for character guys, size and positions of need", "you will have ot overpay because of your desperation" ... done. Some over pay was involved... Oiler fans, don't argue this point... every one of us thought we would get more for Hall, some would have thought alot more, me I would have thought a 2nd rounder or something along those lines BUT anying at at resembling 1st pairing RHD were not on the market... you were going to overpay. Lucic, AAV was OK but term was probably 2 years too long (or at least 2 years more than we would have hoped) BUT look at the $5.5 - 6m deals... Lucic (28 yrs old) $42/7, Okposo (28) $42/7, Eriksson (31) $36/6, Ladd (30) $33/6, Backes (32) $30/5.
Lucic through to 35
Okposo through to 35
Eriksson through to 37
Ladd through to 36
Backes through to 37
It is market value when 5 teams are doing it.. If one of these contracts is bad, they all are... which might be the case. FYI: Lucic is a full NMC for the first 5 years then 2 year limited NTC.

The Oilers are a BETTER TEAM today than they were on June 24th. Thank you to many non-Oiler posters who acknowledge that... the rest of you haters can go... well you know.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If the actual salary is front loaded due to huge signing bonuses like LeBrun said and the NMC is over after 5 years, then I would say the Oilers made out well here.

They'll be able to move him after 5 years without much fuss, though if guys like Hartnell and Doan and Backes can be effective well into their 30s I don't see why Lucic couldn't either.

You can't teach size.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Love this deal. Always be bottom feeders who will have the ability to absorb 1-2 years of a 6 million dollar cap hit (with the majority of cash paid out). Expect the cap to continue rising if not incrementally. 1 year too long but all good, you knew it was coming.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
The hate in this thread is great... everyone know the Oilers have balanced their roster and did what all of the Oiler haters said they needed to do... "Stop over valuing your players", "trade your forward talent for character guys, size and positions of need", "you will have ot overpay because of your desperation" ... done. Some over pay was involved... Oiler fans, don't argue this point... every one of us thought we would get more for Hall, some would have thought alot more, me I would have thought a 2nd rounder or something along those lines BUT anying at at resembling 1st pairing RHD were not on the market... you were going to overpay. Lucic, AAV was OK but term was probably 2 years too long (or at least 2 years more than we would have hoped) BUT look at the $5.5 - 6m deals... Lucic (28 yrs old) $42/7, Okposo (28) $42/7, Eriksson (31) $36/6, Ladd (30) $33/6, Backes (32) $30/5.
Lucic through to 35
Okposo through to 35
Eriksson through to 37
Ladd through to 36
Backes through to 37
It is market value when 5 teams are doing it.. If one of these contracts is bad, they all are... which might be the case. FYI: Lucic is a full NMC for the first 5 years then 2 year limited NTC.

The Oilers are a BETTER TEAM today than they were on June 24th. Thank you to many non-Oiler posters who acknowledge that... the rest of you haters can go... well you know.

you sure know how to ruin a good troll !! :sarcasm: :laugh:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lucic through to 35
Okposo through to 35
Eriksson through to 37
Ladd through to 36
Backes through to 37

They were always going to be a better team.
The question is whether they would have been even better hanging onto their second best player and getting another 2-3 defenseman with other assets or as a FA.
I think long term they're worse because of these moves. Taylor Hall is a very good young star who was misused in Edmonton. Let's check back in a couple of years.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
he wasn't misused, the previous old boys club management had no clue on how to build a successful team around these kids and subsequently the Oilers couldn't win with them despite these guys being productive.

He was misused in the sense that he wasn't surrounded with vets and put into a structured system. I think he will thrive in NJ.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Any player at Lucic's age is going to go for the maximum money and term he can get. Edmonton, just like anyone else in the entire world, knows he is going to be a less effective player at the end of that contract. It all comes down to whether or not a team thinks he is worth it for what he brings now and what they project him to bring over the next few years. Edmonton thought he's worth it in the short term, and here we are. It's an interesting signing and I'm not wild about my team going up against him a jillion times per season the next few years.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Long term contract will probably suck on the back half but for the first few years I think he will help the Oilers quite a bit.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Lucic through to 35
Okposo through to 35
Eriksson through to 37
Ladd through to 36
Backes through to 37

If what LeBrun tweeted is true, the biggest problem with Lucic's contract is that almost half the money is in the form of a signing bonus plus he has a NMC for all 7 years w it being modified to a list of ?? teams in the last two years (but still can't waive him). The large signing bonus is not the case with the other contracts, tho I personally think the term is too long on all of them. Too long term (or too high $) is almost standard for July 1st FAs, tho.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If what LeBrun tweeted is true, the biggest problem with Lucic's contract is that almost half the money is in the form of a signing bonus plus he has a full NMC for all 7 years. The large signing bonus is not the case with the other contracts, tho I personally think the term is too long on all of them. Too long term (or too high $) is almost standard for July 1st FAs, tho.

Chiarelli did that? Surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad