Proposal: EDM Issues #1 Goalie options

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
5th not enuf

he now commands 2nd-ish level, +/-, w/w'o retention

I agree on 5th or 6th prior to him clearly showing obv good track record as a starter w/regular work.
If he did not have that, he would be worth a 1st+
In no case ever has such a small sample size ever increased a player’s value that much, and you are just showing more examples of why your offers are so bad

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Considering that Swayman has clearly outplayed Ullmark, and with Rask likely to come back to Boston - why not swing a trade for Ullmark? I don't think he has any trade protection.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
If the Isles are sellers this year, Varlamov and Pageau would be huge additions to the Oilers.
JGP is highly unlikely to be moved. As for Varlamov, the Islanders needs are highly skilled offensive prospects or a quality middle pairing defenseman to fill the Nick Leddy void. Koskinen and a pick is not an appropriate return.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
JGP is highly unlikely to be moved. As for Varlamov, the Islanders needs are highly skilled offensive prospects or a quality middle pairing defenseman to fill the Nick Leddy void. Koskinen and a pick is not an appropriate return.

My guess is the Oilers would have to offer Yamo and Broberg to start. JGP would excel in the bottom 6 in Edmonton. He's exactly what the Oilers need in their bottom 6.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If Oilers want Price at 50% retained and take Koskinen back, I would ask for Bourgault or Holloway + Broberg.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
My guess is the Oilers would have to offer Yamo and Broberg to start. JGP would excel in the bottom 6 in Edmonton. He's exactly what the Oilers need in their bottom 6.
JGP being traded would leave too much of a massive hole for the Islanders going forward and not worth it for the return unless it was a massive overpayment and an upgrade to the current roster in addition to the prospect. Trading Pageau is going 6 steps back to take a small one forward when it comes to the Islanders, not worth it in the end.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
JGP being traded would leave too much of a massive hole for the Islanders going forward and not worth it for the return unless it was a massive overpayment and an upgrade to the current roster in addition to the prospect. Trading Pageau is going 6 steps back to take a small one forward when it comes to the Islanders, not worth it in the end.

Yamo sure... Broberg is a no....nadda....not happening

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Yamo sure... Broberg is a no....nadda....not happening
Isles don’t really need an undersized winger unless that winger is proven and can score 30+ consistently. More projects really don’t help. I also didn’t bring up Broberg but the Islanders have quite a bit of young defenseman (including prospect) when it comes to Dobson, Salo, Bolduc, Wilde, Hutton. I’d rather get a forward in return to help rebuild the stockpile that basically consists of Doufur, Raty, Holmstrom and Wahlstrom.

Reactions: bernmeister

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
MAF to the rescue, the hawks can retain alot on the expiring contract but its gonna cost ya

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Price. Quick or Fleury will all cost a premium
So would Price though, because MTL would have to retain half for five years for Edmonton to even make it work.

Honestly I have no interest in Price just due to him not playing this year and the uncertainty of how he plays whenever he does come back. I'd be okay with MAF if they could snag Kubalik with him.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Price. Quick or Fleury will all cost a premium

Three goaltenders at the very end of their careers. Out of those choices the Oilers should only consider MAF and at 50%. If not him at that number they should pursue a lower tier goalie. Everyone on here think the Oilers MUST pay through the nose for every player no matter what the position. Until the conversation turns to their own team, then no way players cost so much.

Reactions: Chayos

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Three goaltenders at the very end of their careers. Out of those choices the Oilers should only consider MAF and at 50%. If not him at that number they should pursue a lower tier goalie. Everyone on here think the Oilers MUST pay through the nose for every player no matter what the position. Until the conversation turns to their own team, then no way players cost so much.
The issue I see is the goalie list that could shake loose is all old or playing shitty with lots of term. I would love to solve the goalie issue, but all of the possible solutions have warts. We can pay a heavy price for a cheap one year solution like MAF or Quick who are both ancient. The issue is we already have the dinosaur goalie slot filled with Smith. We can bite the bullet and take a chance on Price for a heavy cost in cap and assets. We can trade for a struggling goalie with term that teams are willing to cut ties with like Ullmark, Grubauer, or Mrazek for a lesser asset cost due to shitty play. we can ignore the issue for the rest of the year and ride what we have and bleed out another year of Mcdavid and Draisatl's contracts.

The choices are terrible anyway you look at it. Of all the talk i have seen in this thread I like the idea of scooping Ulmark if the Bruins sign Rask. I guess the question is how much BOS has to pay to get rid of that horrible contract!:)

Reactions: TFHockey

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
to Edmonton: MAF @50% retention (3.5 mil), Dylan Strome @ 50% retention ( 1.5mil), Dominic Kubalik (3.7mil) =8.7 mil additional cap
to Chicago-Koskinen ( 4.5mil), Kyle Turris (1.65mil), Warren Foegele ( 2.75 mil), Dylan Holloway and Edmonton 2022 2nd rd pick =8.9 mil additional cap

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
to Edmonton: MAF @50% retention (3.5 mil), Dylan Strome @ 50% retention ( 1.5mil), Dominic Kubalik (3.7mil) =8.7 mil additional cap
to Chicago-Koskinen ( 4.5mil), Kyle Turris (1.65mil), Warren Foegele ( 2.75 mil), Dylan Holloway and Edmonton 2022 2nd rd pick =8.9 mil additional cap
haha, not even close, we dont want Turris or koskinen, we already had Foegele and did not want him so no this is a complete NO from the hawks perspective, its laughable

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I feel like Oiler will have to give up a 1st and Broberg for MAF or Price.

Price at 50% has value but when was the last time a goalie on an expiring contract that was traded at the deadline got back a return like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad