Proposal: EDM Issues #1 Goalie options

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Is the Oilers blueline that good that a sound goalie alone could fix it?

They could try and find out.

If it is only for this season, Fleury makes the most sense. If longer term, just pay whatever Anaheim want for Gibson. You have 3 years to win, picks and prospects that won't be impacting your team in that period are irrelevant.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
They could try and find out.

If it is only for this season, Fleury makes the most sense. If longer term, just pay whatever Anaheim want for Gibson. You have 3 years to win, picks and prospects that won't be impacting your team in that period are irrelevant.

Trying is what the front office claims they are doing and it's obvious they aren't looking at numbers. What do the metrics say?

If your blueline is weak and giving up opportunities then you need a stronger Dman. An elite Goalie couldn't fix that kind of problem nor should a Goalie be leaned on to have to steal games on a regular basis.

I'm not an Oilers fan by any stretch of the imagination but I'm sick and tired of this team not being able to take the next step, first due to a trash front office and now a combination of poor planning and even poorer follow-through and that culture is making players just mail it in. Edmonton deserves a lot more than that.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Is the Oilers blueline that good that a sound goalie alone could fix it?
no... by some of the numbers guys, they say their bottom 6 is among the worst in the league, and the D isn't much better

getting a better goalie is only a bandaid and likely not worth what they'd have to give up for one

Reactions: BlueSeal

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Trying is what the front office claims they are doing and it's obvious they aren't looking at numbers. What do the metrics say?

If your blueline is weak and giving up opportunities then you need a stronger Dman. An elite Goalie couldn't fix that kind of problem nor should a Goalie be leaned on to have to steal games on a regular basis.

I'm not an Oilers fan by any stretch of the imagination but I'm sick and tired of this team not being able to take the next step, first due to a trash front office and now a combination of poor planning and even poorer follow-through and that culture is making players just mail it in. Edmonton deserves a lot more than that.

The D is suspect but their forwards will always score goals, so being able to stop even 1 in 5 goals that they currently concede would help them pick up wins.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Price won’t be traded this year anyway because his current value is lower than his real value. If he proves he can play like he did last playoff over the rest of the season and next season, I could see him being traded at 2023 TDL to a contender with retention. Playoff Price is seen as a premium assets around the league when he is on is game and healthy, add heavy retention to that and the return should be a mid/late 1st+ a good prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad