Proposal: EDM Issues #1 Goalie options

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
you do realize Koskinen and Turris are UFA after this yr and no the Blackhawks never had Foegele. So in essence this would be to gain Dylan Holloway and 2nd rd pick

Reactions: TFHockey

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
haha, not even close, we dont want Turris or koskinen, we already had Foegele and did not want him so no this is a complete NO from the hawks perspective, its laughable

You got the wrong Foegele. This one was drafted and played in Carolina. Zero chance the Oilers would do this deal, Strome is garbage, Kubalik has been bad since his rookie year. I wouldn't even trade Holloway for that package.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
haha, not even close, we dont want Turris or koskinen, we already had Foegele and did not want him so no this is a complete NO from the hawks perspective, its laughable

When did the Hawks have Foegele?

And are you familiar with who Dylan Holloway is? The Oilers would never do that trade.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
to Edmonton: MAF @50% retention (3.5 mil), Dylan Strome @ 50% retention ( 1.5mil), Dominic Kubalik (3.7mil) =8.7 mil additional cap
to Chicago-Koskinen ( 4.5mil), Kyle Turris (1.65mil), Warren Foegele ( 2.75 mil), Dylan Holloway and Edmonton 2022 2nd rd pick =8.9 mil additional cap
Change Foegele to Yamamoto. Change 2022 2nd to 1st and that’s an interesting offer. That would be a rebuilding move for Chicago. Your trade proposal isn’t quite there.

MAF, Strome (both 50% retained) & Kubalik for Holloway, Yamamoto, 2022 1st (top 16 protected or converts to a second) Koskinen and Turris.

the oil add three guys for their playoff run, one being a starting G and two third liners. Dump two bad contracts, a stalled Yamamoto, an A prospect that’s been hurt and a late 1st.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Change Foegele to Yamamoto. Change 2022 2nd to 1st and that’s an interesting offer. That would be a rebuilding move for Chicago. Your trade proposal isn’t quite there.

MAF, Strome (both 50% retained) & Kubalik for Holloway, Yamamoto, 2022 1st (top 16 protected or converts to a second) Koskinen and Turris.

the oil add three guys for their playoff run, one being a starting G and two third liners. Dump two bad contracts, a stalled Yamamoto, an A prospect that’s been hurt and a late 1st.

Both those contracts are done at the end of the year. It should not cost that much to move them.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oil have zero cap you say. Habs have tons kicking around, with both Weber and Price on LTIR. Eddie particaly on injured list. What you give us to take 100% of Kostinen contract off your hands?

50 games left which is about 2.9 million . An ok backup . Nothing we will keep him .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
to Edmonton: MAF @50% retention (3.5 mil), Dylan Strome @ 50% retention ( 1.5mil), Dominic Kubalik (3.7mil) =8.7 mil additional cap
to Chicago-Koskinen ( 4.5mil), Kyle Turris (1.65mil), Warren Foegele ( 2.75 mil), Dylan Holloway and Edmonton 2022 2nd rd pick =8.9 mil additional cap

Edmonton would never offer up these guys so it would have to be Chicago calling Edmonton and that ask would be followed by Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The issue I see is the goalie list that could shake loose is all old or playing shitty with lots of term. I would love to solve the goalie issue, but all of the possible solutions have warts. We can pay a heavy price for a cheap one year solution like MAF or Quick who are both ancient. The issue is we already have the dinosaur goalie slot filled with Smith. We can bite the bullet and take a chance on Price for a heavy cost in cap and assets. We can trade for a struggling goalie with term that teams are willing to cut ties with like Ullmark, Grubauer, or Mrazek for a lesser asset cost due to shitty play. we can ignore the issue for the rest of the year and ride what we have and bleed out another year of Mcdavid and Draisatl's contracts.

The choices are terrible anyway you look at it. Of all the talk i have seen in this thread I like the idea of scooping Ulmark if the Bruins sign Rask. I guess the question is how much BOS has to pay to get rid of that horrible contract!:)
no name guy is cheap
CHI, like everyone else, does not want Yama, and will deal, but not do any favors.

Geo, expiring but w/rfa rights + ever inconsistent but demonstrably good when a starter w/regular work, is looking like the best option

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Edmonton would never offer up these guys so it would have to be Chicago calling Edmonton and that ask would be followed by Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing
O we could take out Holloway and add one of Lavoie/Savoie/Samorukov/Petrov and change the the 2nd to a 2022-1st. I would have time for that deal. I like Foegle but the hands of stone slots are all full right now, so we need to add some offense. Kubalik is a shooter in need of a passer. Strome has had chemistry with Mcdavid in the past and is worth a shot in the dark. The key here is adding MAF and getting more for our 1st than one asset.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
no name guy is cheap
CHI, like everyone else, does not want Yama, and will deal, but not do any favors.

Geo, expiring but w/rfa rights + ever inconsistent but demonstrably good when a starter w/regular work, is looking like the best option

Not at you are asking for, and since he hasn't demonstrated he is better than Koskinen I don't see any deal for Georgiev being made.

Reactions: spaghtti

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
5 million retained is ridiculous and won't happen.

Lets say maybe 2 mill retained ... that would bring his cap hit down to a more reasonable 8.5 ... if the Habs take Kassian back that effectively makes it 5.3 million for the next couple of years.

Plus Price's actual money owed declines even below that for the final years of his contract. Like for example for 2 million retained the last two years of his contract are only 5.5 million in actual salary, so if the Oilers really needed to move on, I think they could manage to do move that contract.
Price would still be the 3rd highest paid goalie at 8.5 million. I don't see him as a top 3 goalie on the ice and nor will he be till the end of his contract.

Oilers fans, please just stay far away from any conversation involving Price

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
When did the Hawks have Foegele?

And are you familiar with who Dylan Holloway is? The Oilers would never do that trade.
my bad, apologies for that, I got Foegelle confused with Wallmark also from Carolina. Still would not want that trade.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
O we could take out Holloway and add one of Lavoie/Savoie/Samorukov/Petrov and change the the 2nd to a 2022-1st. I would have time for that deal. I like Foegle but the hands of stone slots are all full right now, so we need to add some offense. Kubalik is a shooter in need of a passer. Strome has had chemistry with Mcdavid in the past and is worth a shot in the dark. The key here is adding MAF and getting more for our 1st than one asset.

agree on taking out Holloway
but
regardless of other pieces I see CHI wanting
both Lavoie AND McLeod at min

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not at you are asking for, and since he hasn't demonstrated he is better than Koskinen I don't see any deal for Georgiev being made.

If you don't want to pay even his reasonable value in a vacuum, fine.
You can stand pat and roll w/what you have and let's see how that works.

I disagreewith Geo "hasn't demonstrated he is better than Koskinen".
It is clear he plays up to form with consistent starter mins.
Is that true of Kosk?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yes that is right. I thought K had another year on contract. My bad.

But still, 4.5 million for .902 save percentage. Have fun in playoffs. Smith is undependable.

Oiler fans know full well the team needs an upgrade in goal. 100%. However Koskinen shouldn't been too hard to move.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Price at 50% has value but when was the last time a goalie on an expiring contract that was traded at the deadline got back a return like that?
Luongo to Van probably?
Roy probably had a few years left.
Less to do with contract and more to do with the player.
Both Price and MAF have made it to the finals.
MAF has multiple Cup victories.
EDM probably has to make those big uncomfortable trades (much like how the Rangers did in 94 losing Doug Weight, Tony Amonte, Mike Gartner, and Todd Marchant) if they want to put themselves over and give themselves a chance to win.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Luongo to Van probably?
Roy probably had a few years left.
Less to do with contract and more to do with the player.
Both Price and MAF have made it to the finals.
MAF has multiple Cup victories.
EDM probably has to make those big uncomfortable trades (much like how the Rangers did in 94 losing Doug Weight, Tony Amonte, Mike Gartner, and Todd Marchant) if they want to put themselves over and give themselves a chance to win.

I would give a 1st for Fleury but we need to make that trade sooner rather then later before our current goaltending sinks the season.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Why wouldn’t Edmonton give up Foegele?
Holloway I understand but you are going to have to give up something substantial to get a good goalie

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
Don't bite my head off if this is way off base, but I always wondered why not trade one of the big 2 for a kings ransom?

Like McDavid + RNH for Fox, Shesterkin + 1st?

I don't know if NYR do this but for Edm it seems to fill some gaps. And yes you lose your best player but your 2nd best player isn't too shabby and the forwards have more confidence to forecheck when they're not as worried about who's back there.

ConnorMcBackcheck

Dec 31, 2021
USA
Going after Price would be a horrible mistake. They need a number one defenseman way more than they need an overpaid goaltender. Puljujarvi or RNH should be moved for actual help on D. McDavid and Draisaitl should be separated, even if their NHL 2022 like stats suffer. Do what Pittsburgh did for years with Crosby and find fast, puck pursuit guys to get into the greasy areas to play with McDavid. If he doesn’t like or cannot succeed playing away from Leon than make it clear that you’re going to rebuild since winning clearly isn’t important to team leadership.

Reactions: McJedi

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Don't bite my head off if this is way off base, but I always wondered why not trade one of the big 2 for a kings ransom?

I don't know if NYR do this but for Edm it seems to fill some gaps. And yes you lose your best player but your 2nd best player isn't too shabby and the forwards have more confidence to forecheck when they're not as worried about who's back there.

McD may wind up being best player ever before he hangs up his skates.
Setting aside Fox would not waive, Rangers could offer 7 or 8 high end pieces and Oil, seeing THAT much on the table, actually consider it for 10 seconds, and still say no.

As to the other "of the big 2", I could see Draisatil ... maybe
for a lot less.

LeoDrai for Shesty and another 2-3 pieces

but at end of the day, I again see Oil playing other cards

----------
killer avatar btw
not enough to make me turn Republican, but yeah, I'd flirt w/her + then some

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

McDavid would need to demand a trade to make him available. He’s the lead NHL player in terms of untouchables. Fox is also one of the untouchables.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

Rangers would be silly to do that.

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
McD may wind up being best player ever before he hangs up his skates.
Setting aside Fox would not waive, Rangers could offer 7 or 8 high end pieces and Oil, seeing THAT much on the table, actually consider it for 10 seconds, and still say no.

As to the other "of the big 2", I could see Draisatil ... maybe
for a lot less.

LeoDrai for Shesty and another 2-3 pieces

but at end of the day, I again see Oil playing other cards

----------
killer avatar btw
not enough to make me turn Republican, but yeah, I'd flirt w/her + then some

i picked McDavid because of cap and also because he would fetch more than Drai even if they are close, simply because he would sell so many jerseys in NY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad