Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CGY] James Neal <--> Milan Lucic ($750K Ret.) + Cond. 3rd '20 (Goals Scored Related vs. Looch)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would You Have Pulled The Trigger On This Deal? (Neal for Lucic, 750k ret., cond 3rd)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
What do you mean who cares? If the guy is a prick when things are not going well you think that doesnt affect the team dynamic?
What a dumb comment

The last thing this team needs to think about is team dynamic. That's what you worry about when you have a talented group that isn't working. We need talent over everything else at the moment. Shit like worrying about locker room rifts is a luxury we don't have right now.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Who cares? Every locker room has dudes that are ********s to varying degrees. This is nothing but a win. No idea what happened to Neal in CGY, but it's not crazy to think that he can rebound to 20-20-40 type of stat line. Looch has no hope of bouncing back with how bad his skating is. Watching him skate is like watching one of those trained Russian bears on skates.

This. The Oilers haven’t had enough “hate to lose” types in years. Give me a guy that gets pissed off when he’s losing over someone that just takes it every time.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I'm completely with okay with retaining and adding picks. Just so glad to see Lucic go, especially since we're bringing back a guy who seems to be a great fit.

And it's not like Lucic will get good minutes/linemates. He has to compete with Gaudreau and Tkachuk.

HAIL HOLLAND!!!
He doesn’t have to compete with anybody Lucic will be a better fit in Calgary because he won’t be counted on heavily for offence with guys like Gadreau, Tkachuk and Monahan! Lucic just needs to play Big Bang some bodies and pot a few I’m sure that’s all Flames want from him and that’s the role Lucic can fill.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Thats good.
But its not a theory. It was a concern based on his apparent previous acts.
Btw I like the trade

That's fair but it appears that it won't be a concern here at least based on what people are saying about his relationship.

Stauffer saying the trade call hasn't been made yet so lets hold our horses for a moment.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

This spells WIN any way you want to turn this. Calgary is definitely the losers in this. They have to keep him and his contract protected for the expnaison draft, we get a guy who fits into our system and has played for coaches before, AND we gain a better buyout with Neal than with Lucic. ANyone saying the Oilers lose this are brain dead.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
2Uoq.gif

Holland you absolute legend you pulled it off.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Good to see Ken Holland is already making good moves for the oilers without going insane on July first. He’s always been a “hands on” GM but with a more calm, subtle, patient and methodical approach. Nothing wrong with that, the resume speaks for itself.

Edmonton makes out great here. James Neal is way more likely to bounce back and with mcdavid perhaps? Could be a huge bounce back.

This Could this be win for both of lucic gets on better there, yeah? I think luck playing with gaudreau would help but you can’t seperate the top line on calagry so maybe PP time, his slower big body in front of the net could be a good fit with the speedy flashy playmaker.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Haha we're screwing the Flames over! Best news of the summer!

And lol @ Gregor :laugh:
I wouldn’t be so fast to say that!! we all know how ex Oilers go on to their new team and play good. Lucic is one guy you want on your side in the battle of Alberta watch him play hard against us and nail Kassian around! but the again this is Lucic so who knows lol

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I convinced myself that Lucic was completely unmovable...
I don't even care about the draft pick... Holland... you're amazing

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Edmonton makes out great here. James Neal is way more likely to bounce back and with mcdavid perhaps? Could be a huge bounce back.

This Could this be win for both of lucic gets on better there, yeah? I think luck playing with gaudreau would help but you can’t seperate the top line on calagry so maybe PP time, his slower big body in front of the net could be a good fit with the speedy flashy playmaker.
Lucic and Gaudreau would be great... for us.

Gaudreau and Tkachuk are both LWers so Lucic wouldn't be seeing top-6 time. I don't see much bounce-back potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad