Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 2 - Islanders tie up the series in OT - Game 3 Thursday in Uniondale

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
100% Bettman wants the NY market in the finas.

I don't know if they're deliberately/subconsciously favoring the Isles or if they're just incompetent (which is the usual modus operandi of NHL officials), but the officiating in the first two games has been incredibly one-sided, even game 1 where we won.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
There really should be a thread for referee bashing for each game.

Perhaps it would be easier to have reasonable discussions in the game thread about the actual hockey being played.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
They called Carlo for that and that Reilly call was embarrassing, he didn't even touch the puck. Just a ref trying to look smarter than he is. Meanwhile Kuraly got elbowed in the face and sent to the room with no call, McAvoy got crosschecked in the back of the head, no call, etc.

Before Zajac crossed checked McAvoy, he stuck his leg out and tripped him at the other end..both were blatant..

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I didn’t have much issue with the officiating. Would rather they slow down on the matching calls and also have no idea how Reilly got a penalty towards the end of the 3rd there.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Which means someone in the league office gets word to the game officials to fix the game in favor of the team trailing in the series?

I know. Game/series management. I’m nuts. Wild conspiracy stuff.

Hey, wasn’t a longtime NHL ref caught on a mic this season saying he needed to get a little game management go’n? I wonder if he’d still be calling games and the league would be 100% behind him if it wasn’t for airing their dirty laundry? But it’s okay...I’m sure it was just Tim Peel.

As I said earlier, the script writes itself. Nobody needs to make it up.

Reactions: BMC

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver

I don't know if they're deliberately/subconsciously favoring the Isles or if they're just incompetent (which is the usual modus operandi of NHL officials), but the officiating in the first two games has been incredibly one-sided, even game 1 where we won.
Can we stop with the Bettman/ref conspiracy stuff? Almost every fan base of every team in every series says stuff like this...gets tiring.

Knox Harrington

May 28, 2021
Snapped a five game playoff winning streak and are back to .500 in OT games. Bummed but not going to panic.

Do you protect Cliffy as the 3rd D in the expansion draft?

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Before Zajac crossed checked McAvoy, he stuck his leg out and tripped him at the other end..both were blatant..
Yeah i recall that play which Micheletii praised as a great check by Zajac. I love Forslund as a play-by-play announcer , I can even tolerate Pierre , but Micheletti seemed to have a major bias towards the Isles , they may of well just have had Butchy Goring doing the analysis . The surprising thing is you'd think Micheletti as a Rangers broadcaster would have a natural bias against the Isles .

Reactions: Aeroforce

Root

Feb 22, 2010

What? This isn't the New York Rangers. The Bruins generate way bigger viewership.

Reactions: 13Hockey

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
What? This isn't the New York Rangers. The Bruins generate way bigger viewership.

yup if the nhl was gonna rig it for best ratings in america

Vegas vs
Boston

would be the finals

Tampa/Carolina/Islanders/Canada team = a disaster for cup final ratings in america

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Can we stop with the Bettman/ref conspiracy stuff? Almost every fan base of every team in every series says stuff like this...gets tiring.

I loathe Bettman, and it wouldn't surprise if he secretly roots for NYI because of the New York market, but I agree.

It's notable that, as mentioned elsewhere, the Bruins over the past 15 years rarely receive the benefit of a call. There may well be bias among referees, conscious or no.

What we have here, though, is likely poor officiating, as McGarnagle points out.

Them's the breaks, and regardless, Kirk Luedeke has it absolutely right:

Breaking down “ill-advised” Lauzon pass; Islanders even series in OT

Last edited:

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Agree he is not an upgrade to the guys that are out there but I did assume he was next up when Smith went down

he's a 4RW and its managements fault for poor drafting to not have a better option

member 96824

Sounds like you're onto something, maybe you and the other guy that said Bettman should be put in jail over the officiating should call 9-1-1 and they'll investigate for you.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reactions: BruinDust and BMC

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
what i dont like is when Carlo freezes it behind the net when he has a chance to move it and make a play.
Exactly. And in the corners. Kevan Miller used to do that, before he realized he could skate. Carlo just freezes it and waits for help. It's his decision-making - takes him too long to figure out what else he could do so he just ends-up doing nothing instead.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1