Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 2 - Islanders tie up the series in OT - Game 3 Thursday in Uniondale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not from me. He been awful for a long time now, Never feels good when he's on the ice especially when Reilly is on with him,
Why doesn’t Reilly ever shoot the frigging puck ,he is another Kaberle ,if the opposition knows your never going to shoot,it makes it much easier to defend against.He drives me insane.

Reactions: BTO and NeelyOrr

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Why doesn’t Reilly ever shoot the frigging puck ,he is another Kaberle ,if the opposition knows your never going to shoot,it makes it much easier to defend against.He drives me insane.
maybe because he will break his stick. lol.
Honestly I think its because he has no confidence in it. He shot one in the second period and Varlarmov ate it up.
I wish he wouldve at least thrown one at Varlarmovs skates when he was taking it behind the net. It wouldve at least caused some trouble there.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Would love to see the zone starts in there too- they were leaning real heavy on a couple guys in the defensive end earlier.

Check that -
Offensive zone start percentages next to their Corsi %. . . pretty much line up except for Clifton (what a monster he has become)
Clifton 28% 45%
KMiller 30% 38%
Tinordi 38% 30%
Lauzon 34% 38%

Clifton and Wagner, I thought, played very well last night. The Isles definitely felt their presence.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I have been watching hockey for a very long time, I can honestly say I have never seen one team have so much puck luck in one game.
The Islanders had a series full last night.

I still think regardless of how great NBC thinks the whole organization is they where VERY lucky VERY.
Agreed. The first 2 goals were as greasy as they come.

That said, we made it a little easier on them than we needed to. A bad penalty by Pasta led to their first goal, and we simply got outworked in the second period. That can't happen against the Islanders.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I thought he was bad in the beginning of last round and finally churned out a solid performance the last few games of round 1.

This round thus far has been pretty bad.

Need more from him as well
I feel he's been solid defensively, where he is getting noticed is in transition where he's been hesitant to move with the puck. He needs to either skate or make a quick first pass but he can't just sit with the puck on the boards especially with the way the Isles forecheck.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Would love to see the zone starts in there too- they were leaning real heavy on a couple guys in the defensive end earlier.

Check that -
Offensive zone start percentages next to their Corsi %. . . pretty much line up except for Clifton (what a monster he has become)
Clifton 28% 45%
KMiller 30% 38%
Tinordi 38% 30%
Lauzon 34% 38%

Lauzy needs to truck past the mistakes

But also I would be fine giving Tinordi mins instead

Its funny how Clifton is behind Lauzon in the regular season. But ahead in the playoffs

Its almost like two different leagues

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Great game overall, ruined by the refs. This was a game of inches, and went to OT, and two of the Islanders goals were garbage goals, and 2 were from powerplays. The game was factually not called equally or fairly. You can say the Bruins lost because of a poor 2nd period, but that doesn't tell the whole story. You could also say the Islanders should have lost because of a poor 1st or 3rd period as well, but they didn't, but they did certainly get away with a lot of illegal hits and plays, while the Bruins were penalized for nothing. It changed the outcome of this game and that is a fact.

Reactions: GloveSave1

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Debrusk simply has no chemistry with Hall and Krejci, perhaps he never will. He played well. Puck exploded off his stick a few times unfortunately. Skated hard, was physically involved. Saying he was trash is trash.

He very well may simply be a good scoring 3rd line winger and we need to accept that.
Decent 3rd-line left winger. Problem is we have two 3rd-line left-wingers.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Great game overall, ruined by the refs. This was a game of inches, and went to OT, and two of the Islanders goals were garbage goals, and 2 were from powerplays. The game was factually not called equally or fairly. You can say the Bruins lost because of a poor 2nd period, but that doesn't tell the whole story. You could also say the Islanders should have lost because of a poor 1st or 3rd period as well, but they didn't, but they did certainly get away with a lot of illegal hits and plays, while the Bruins were penalized for nothing. It changed the outcome of this game and that is a fact.
Just stop already.

2 of our penalties (Pasta & Reilly) were no brainers. Ritchie and Martin both went for roughing. Same for Ritchie and Pelech. Carlo got called for a cross check before the whistle, not after.

You can argue that Leddy should have gone for the hit on Kuraly, but JDB got away with one too. Can we please stop with the "refs screwed us" narrative every time we lose a tight game?

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I’ve got no problem with that fine. Felt it was unnecessary when I saw it, surprised it didn’t get called.

They need more from Debrusk than that shit

Reactions: Ladyfan and sooshii

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Just stop already.

2 of our penalties (Pasta & Reilly) were no brainers. Ritchie and Martin both went for roughing. Same for Ritchie and Pelech. Carlo got called for a cross check before the whistle, not after.

You can argue that Leddy should have gone for the hit on Kuraly, but can we please stop with the "refs screwed us" narrative every time we lose a tight game?

So because some penalties are "no brainers" that means all of them were good and there weren't completely one-sided calls in this game that lead to goals? Because I'm not the only one saying it, and also, it is a fact. NHL rulebook wasn't followed, this isn't an opinion.

In a game of inches that goes to OT, the handful of incorrect calls absolutely made a difference on the outcome of this one. Sure, the Bruins could have played better and not made mistakes, 100%... then maybe they would have won by 1, 2, or 3 goals. But instead, it was a very tight game on both sides, with the only real difference being the lack of balances officiating.

Reactions: GloveSave1

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Just stop already.

You can argue that Leddy should have gone for the hit on Kuraly, but JDB got away with one too. Can we please stop with the "refs screwed us" narrative every time we lose a tight game?

Amen....I guess whatever helps people sleep at night though....I tossed and turned all night actually blaming the players in my head, what a concept.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
So because some penalties are "no brainers" that means all of them were good and there weren't completely one-sided calls in this game that lead to goals? Because I'm not the only one saying it, and also, it is a fact. NHL rulebook wasn't followed, this isn't an opinion.

In a game of inches that goes to OT, the handful of incorrect calls absolutely made a difference on the outcome of this one. Sure, the Bruins could have played better and not made mistakes, 100%... then maybe they would have won by 1, 2, or 3 goals. But instead, it was a very tight game on both sides, with the only real difference being the lack of balances officiating.

There are a dozen posts like this on the Islanders board as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad