Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 2 - Islanders tie up the series in OT - Game 3 Thursday in Uniondale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So because some penalties are "no brainers" that means all of them were good and there weren't completely one-sided calls in this game that lead to goals? Because I'm not the only one saying it, and also, it is a fact. NHL rulebook wasn't followed, this isn't an opinion.

In a game of inches that goes to OT, the handful of incorrect calls absolutely made a difference on the outcome of this one. Sure, the Bruins could have played better and not made mistakes, 100%... then maybe they would have won by 1, 2, or 3 goals. But instead, it was a very tight game on both sides, with the only real difference being the lack of balances officiating.

Right. First game officiating was excellent. No problems.

Last night, only reason Bruins lose is because of incorrect calls.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
True, many times I am yelling at my TV for the Bruins to put it on goal when there is traffic in front of the net, other teams are doing that and get a lucky goal here and there.

I've been screaming about perimeter shooting all season long it seems. And here we are in the playoffs with this same refusal to get up close to the net because they don't want to pay the price (getting knocked around). That's all this is.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Worth it.

Mayfield was going at him all night.

I don't mind it at all. Two guys jousting in front of the net for god knows how long. The sticks are riding high all night.

I would be more concerned if the kid DIDNT respond actually. The crosscheck is the least of my worries

They gotta get Debrusk back to the left side asap. JDB - Coyle - Kuhlman.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It was disappointing to lose last night for sure ,but Bruins really over the last while now have had some of their best games on the road in the playoffs.Toronto,Columbus,St.Louis,hell even managed to win one in Tampa and just the last two in Washington,I’m pretty confident they can win one on the Island , if not they are in big trouble,I would even say they have had more crap games at home in recent years than on the road.I wish game seven had been in St.Louis.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This was driving me nuts last night... I'm sure it's been happening before as well, but it was glaring last night.

He needs to keep his feet moving. Last night, I don't know if because I was watching him closely but he did a lot of standing. Not moving. Just standing around. He's gotta move. He's gotta be moving his feet. Saw some lazy soft passes too.

He's too talented to be doing that.

Reactions: BTO

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Great game overall, ruined by the refs. This was a game of inches, and went to OT, and two of the Islanders goals were garbage goals, and 2 were from powerplays. The game was factually not called equally or fairly. You can say the Bruins lost because of a poor 2nd period, but that doesn't tell the whole story. You could also say the Islanders should have lost because of a poor 1st or 3rd period as well, but they didn't, but they did certainly get away with a lot of illegal hits and plays, while the Bruins were penalized for nothing. It changed the outcome of this game and that is a fact.

Agree. I’d be able to let it go and say “ehh, it’s the playoffs, they pass on a lot of penalties,” but the Carlo call blew that narrative right out of the water. And that call made all the difference. Based on how the game was called it’s inexcusable and really showed the league’s hand. Brandon Carlo on Leo Komerov...hahaha...suuuure...as Cassidy said, really weird they picked him out of all that scrum...IN THE PLAYOFFS. Playoffs...that was the way the game was being officiated? That’s the script? Weird it disappeared right there.

And of course, the Isles were choir boys all night. Oh sorry, I forgot they got a too many men at the end, so that gets wiped away. All good.

But if giving the officiating a free pass lets people stick their head in the sand and say everything is above board, whatever helps them sleep at night and enjoy the games.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Carlo’s play has been pukeworthy and I’m hoping he turns it around. He has skills, I don’t know what it is but he needs to be better if Boston is going to make a deep run.
Yes it’s the Bruins defence that I think is there really only weakness,or if the second line doesn’t start scoring,especially 5-5.Can’t expect it always to be the first line.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
So far i am less nervous about this series than i was washington. I dont see the islanders have any answer to stop line 1. Washington could stop line 1. The islanders cant. Sorokin and varlamov have been good not great, islanders forwards havent been particularly explosive. The only concerning thing to me is how shallow bostons forward depth is. Without craig smith the middle 6 gets really screwed up. Not sure i like kuhlman playing and not sure i want debrusk up with line 2. Much rather slide coyle up to line 2 and push kuraly lazar or frederic up to line 3.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Agree. I’d be able to let it go and say “ehh, it’s the playoffs, they pass on a lot of penalties,” but the Carlo call blew that narrative right out of the water. And that call made all the difference. Based on how the game was called it’s inexcusable and really showed the league’s hand. Brandon Carlo on Leo Komerov...hahaha...suuuure...as Cassidy said, really weird they picked him out of all that scrum...IN THE PLAYOFFS. Wasn’t that the way the game was being officiated? Weird it disappeared right there.

And of course, the Isles were choir boys all night. Oh sorry, I forgot they got a too many men at the end, so that gets wiped away. All good.

But if giving the officiating a free pass lets people stick their head in the sand and say everything is above board, whatever helps them sleep at night and enjoy the games.

They called Carlo for that and that Reilly call was embarrassing, he didn't even touch the puck. Just a ref trying to look smarter than he is. Meanwhile Kuraly got elbowed in the face and sent to the room with no call, McAvoy got crosschecked in the back of the head, no call, etc.

Reactions: GloveSave1

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Agree. I’d be able to let it go and say “ehh, it’s the playoffs, they pass on a lot of penalties,” but the Carlo call blew that narrative right out of the water. And that call made all the difference. Based on how the game was called it’s inexcusable and really showed the league’s hand. Brandon Carlo on Leo Komerov...hahaha...suuuure...as Cassidy said, really weird they picked him out of all that scrum...IN THE PLAYOFFS. Playoffs...that the way the game was being officiated? Weird it disappeared right there.

So what exactly are you implying here?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
They called Carlo for that and that Reilly call was embarrassing, he didn't even touch the puck. Just a ref trying to look smarter than he is. Meanwhile Kuraly got elbowed in the face and sent to the room with no call, McAvoy got crosschecked in the back of the head, no call, etc.

A Bruin just got fined 5k for a crosscheck that wasn't called. Taylor Hall creamed Palmieri blindside interference that wasn't called...the officiating was terrible both ways, as it normally is.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Haven't we learned by now that inserting Kuhlman to get some offense is just silly. . . I mean how many years to we need to try to fit that square peg into a round hole before we learn?
Agree he is not an upgrade to the guys that are out there but I did assume he was next up when Smith went down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad