ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Leafs could win game 1 but I wouldn’t assume this is going to be a cakewalk series for Toronto.

Panthers didn’t win the last series just to hand the 3rd round keys over to Toronto. We’re gonna come try knock you guys out next

See y’all tomorrow
As a Leaf fan who has watched the team through parts of 6 decades, anyone who thinks the Leafs will cakewalk anything either has their head up their posterior or hasn’t paid attention. They don’t do easy. I would take note that I see few Leaf fans predicting an easy time for Toronto, rather a lot of non Leaf fans saying such. My guess is that is their attempt at a jinx and/or trying to setup a narrative because the further Toronto goes the more uncomfortable many people’s lives become.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
1-lord-Byron-What-is-Hope.jpg

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
This is the series I have no guess about. I guess on paper, it should be the Leafs. But I could see this series being long and dramatic. Either team advancing would be compelling, too.

Reactions: Steve and Petrus

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Tampa looked polarizing, out of gas, or unenthused, or maybe just beat up and injured. Florida is an upcoming young team with motivation, desire and determination, along with talent and players carving out the "clutch" moniker for themselves.

The old saying "you have to beat the best to be the best" is a fact. Panthers just beat the best (an amazingly clinical 135 point team!), so therefore the CATS are now the best until proven otherwise. Hence why I made the comment about them being this years Cinderella team.

The better question should be what does Toronto have that Bruins didn't.
This should be a close series. Both teams have tons to prove. To answer your question about what the Leafs have that Boston didn't? The answer is physicality. As of Toronto's last game on Saturday, they lead the playoffs in hits. Can't wait for the puck to drop on one hell of a series. Good luck to both teams but I have to say GO LEAFS GO!

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Panthers got lucky against the Bruins. They will get dismantled against the Leafs.

Leafs in 5, only because Florida steals one from lucky bounces.

The Panthers absolutely did not get lucky against the Bruins, they played their asses off and competed every single game and didn't quit. Bruins players were a little banged up but Florida absolutely took it to them. Game 7, there was some VERY questionable calls in favor of Boston, Florida still didn't quit or get down on themselves. You don't get lucky in coming back from a 3-1 series and being down a goal with 1 minute left in game 7. Full credit and respect to Florida.

As for this series, I have confidence in the Leafs to beat them but they shouldn't take the Panthers lightly.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Their top two centers and starting goaltender were injured. You also clearly didn't watch the Tampa and Toronto series, where Tampa looked like a far better team than Boston did.

I did. And just because TML lucked through the Tampa series doesn't mean they're going to luck through a superior Panthers series.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I did. And just because TML lucked through the Tampa series doesn't mean they're going to luck through a superior Panthers series.
Agreed. Toronto got lucky to get through Tampa but they were unlucky to beat them last year.

Either way both Florida and Toronto deserve to be in the 2nd round. Both at quality teams but I feel people are sleeping on Florida here.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Its a good day for some rd 2 sticky pucky
some morning tunes to get us pumped for game day!!

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Personally, I think the smartest thing the Leafs could do on the road is isolate Matthews. Give him Bunting & Jarnkrok and take Barkov out of the game shutting down Matthews.

Give that Tavares line the best possible chance of coming out on top of Bennett/Tkachuk with Marner & Knies.... and make your 3rd line a real scoring threat with Acciari, ROR, and Nylander against the Lundell group.
This would be a terrific strategy for the Leafs, not sure Keefe will realize this though.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Leafs get a few comeback wins and its that they luck their way into a win. Florida gets multiple come back wins and there was no luck involved, just a superior team. Yeah... Marchand literally had a breakaway in the dying seconds to win the series and he was stopped. Panthers could have been eliminated many times but credit to them for hanging on.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Panthers are not the same team as last year. They are an 8th seed now and are definitely the underdogs in this series.

What does that have to do with anything? They are in a transition year, with a new coach, and new bodies. Some temporary, some not. They are better coached than last years team, and play a more structed 200 foot game. Nobody is saying they are favorites in this series, just that they will not be an easy out, which they proved against the Bruins.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I think you are all underestimating the depth and talent of this Florida team lead by a captain who is on a rampage this year.

2021-2022 season. Have you all forgotten?

1683030257731.png

They got yeeted early in the playoffs, like Boston. So they have a chip on their shoulders and they just eliminated the "greatest hockey team in hockey history" So when you all think the Leafs are going to steamroll Florida, I dunno which Florida you are all thinking about?

This is going to be harder then Tampa.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Well the media is convinced the Oilers are playing the Leafs in the finals so I don't even know why they're bothering to play this series to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: Mez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad