GDT: ECQF Game 6 | Breaking the Curse | Leafs @ Lightning - 7pm ET | CBC, SN, TBS, TVAS, & BSSUN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Double shifting top 5 with Kampf and Kerfoot?
Gus and Tim both in? We need some juice, Schenn probably plays lower minutes and PK.

I have all sorts of hopes and fears with this. Keefe will either look like a genius or a man living on borrowed time.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I never liked the 11F 7D during the season so hopefully this works out. Tbh I would've just took out Holl and Gio and put in Lili and Gus anyways and then ZAR for Bunting.
Its tough to break up the Rielly or Brodie pair and you cant roll Lilj - Gus

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So we still don't know the refs? Are they hiding Wes from us?
Dan O’Rourke #9
DO09.jpg
TJ Luxmore #21
TL21.jpg

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
11-7 in the playoffs.. man that's goofy. God speed i guess sheldon

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

No Holl? Leafs are gonna roll tonight.

That's funny I was comsidering earlier tha t an offense, "go for it" style on the backend might pay dividends and was wondering if Keefe might employ BOTH Gust and Lilly. I didn't anticipate 7 D Men but that works too I suppose, allowing him options depending on the score.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Its tough to break up the Rielly or Brodie pair and you cant roll Lilj - Gus
The 3rd pair is pretty sheltered to begin with and can actually move the puck and help provide offence. Gio and Holl have been awful so Lili and Gus can't get worse than that. 4th line gets like 85%+ defensive zone starts and I think a Gus-Lili pair could help that line be more of an offensive threat, especially if Kampf could win the defensive zone faceoff.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
ZAR's hit last game had him begging for the trainer, literally

Those investment hits need to happen every shift if possible, on every puck retrieval. If anything it puts mileage on Hedman (and Sergachev) for late in series games. You don't want them fresh for Game 6, etc.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
11/7 is the right play, but I'd rather have Holl as the 7D for the PK. Not sure how we're planning to utilize Gus

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The 3rd pair is pretty sheltered to begin with and can actually move the puck and help provide offence. Gio and Holl have been awful so Lili and Gus can't get worse than that. 4th line gets like 85%+ defensive zone starts and I think a Gus-Lili pair could help that line be more of an offensive threat, especially if Kampf could win the defensive zone faceoff.
I dont think you can rely on that pair defensively like you want with the zone starts and youre also dropping 2 of your 4 PK defenders.

Im fine with both players, but its tough to insert both without it being 7D

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Those investment hits need to happen every shift if possible, on every puck retrieval. If anything it puts mileage on Hedman (and Sergachev) for late in series games. You don't want them fresh for Game 6, etc.
I said earlier in the series, but i want Hedman to be more involved. I think we need him skating a million miles a game, everything to his side. Retrievals, rushes, everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad