GDT: ECQF Game 6 | Breaking the Curse | Leafs @ Lightning - 7pm ET | CBC, SN, TBS, TVAS, & BSSUN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I dont think you can rely on that pair defensively like you want with the zone starts and youre also dropping 2 of your 4 PK defenders.

Im fine with both players, but its tough to insert both without it being 7D
McCabe-Brodie top PK pair and then Schenn and Rielly/Lili could be the 2nd pair. But again, those 2 can't be any worse defensively than the 2 they would be replacing.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I said earlier in the series, but i want Hedman to be more involved. I think we need him skating a million miles a game, everything to his side. Retrievals, rushes, everything

Yep, full agreement. It's not that he can't play 25 minutes out there like he does but what is his quality of play. And more physical wear and tear degrades that. When he's on retrievals getting beat up, then attacked with speed coming up the ice, he's going to cough up the puck. He's been doing that all season. You beat him up every chance you get and make it harder for him to be at his best mentally and physically.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
That's funny I was comsidering earlier tha t an offense, "go for it" style on the backend might pay dividends and was wondering if Keefe might employ BOTH Gust and Lilly. I didn't anticipate 7 D Men but that works too I suppose, allowing him options depending on the score.

Leafs have had a rough go of it breaking out so it makes sense to bring in two puck movers. That combined with Holl’s dismal play and it makes sense.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
McCabe-Brodie top PK pair and then Schenn and Rielly/Lili could be the 2nd pair. But again, those 2 can't be any worse defensively than the 2 they would be replacing.
Youre asking that second pair to PK more than they have all series, its a pretty substantial risk, when you can just play Gio limited minutes with a better puck mover who has speed.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
11/7 is the right play, but I'd rather have Holl as the 7D for the PK. Not sure how we're planning to utilize Gus
For PP and puck carrying ability. Gust probably plays the least minutes of the D and more sheltered, but who knows? He can be dynamic, just don't want him out there for many deep D zone faceoffs.

Last edited:

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Yeah this is dumb if true.

If we go to OT our forwards will be gassed

Season on the line. Core 4 can push cause theyve been resting all series.

I said earlier in the series, but i want Hedman to be more involved. I think we need him skating a million miles a game, everything to his side. Retrievals, rushes, everything

Yes. Keefe better hammer Hedmans side of the ice nonstop. Cooper hammered Holls side.

0-10 in series clinching games for this core you might as well try ANYTHING at this point.

AMEN

11/7 is the right play, but I'd rather have Holl as the 7D for the PK. Not sure how we're planning to utilize Gus

jesus. Im so glad holl is out. Anyone can lie there and take shots. But only holl can miss a hit lose his stick and pull a jake gardiner in the same night.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
B0651809-5B17-4EEF-B210-8AC6DBDA92FA.jpeg

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Wasn't a fan of 11/7 during the season, but I don't hate this lineup. The blueline desperately needed some offensive awareness and puck movers and the 4th line had been trash. Double shift the big boys to take advantage of lesser matchups, similar to what the Oilers have been doing with Draisaitl. He was eating LA's 4th line alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad