GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pork in general is the superior taco meat.

Costa rica does fried cheese for breakfast, which isn't bad, but does weird me out to see a cheese get thrown on a hot pan and not melt
I like pork tacos (some places mix pineapple in it, some don’t, I like it either way) and I tripa tacos also.

I did not know what tripa was, but a friend I worked with had a taco truck and would open it up a few days a week. He stopped cause of issues with permits and rent where he parked it, which sucks cause I did enjoy his, but I’ve found some other good places too.

So I ordered a bunch of his tacos, everything he had (he didn’t have chorizo) one day. I had already known what lengua was, but had no idea what tripa was.

I wound up finally looking it up to see what the hell it was after eating them multiple times and really liking them. Oh well. Still love it!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
View attachment 694589

Need chorizo tacos in my veins right now

This place knows what's up. I exclusively warm my tortillas up by throwing them in the open stove top to char them. That wet paper towel microwave stuff is for the birds.

I am also blessed with yhe gene that makes cilantro delicious to me

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
This place knows what's up. I exclusively warm my tortillas up by throwing them in the open stove top to char them. That wet paper towel microwave stuff is for the birds.

I am also blessed with yhe gene that makes cilantro delicious to me
A spot close to me makes some bomb chorizo tacos, they also make their tortillas fresh, they’re amazing. They also make carnitas ones that are awesome.

Once you get a good Mexican spot, you can’t go back to Taco Bell or fast food Mexican food. It’s so different.

I also LOVE cilantro.

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A spot close to me makes some bomb chorizo tacos, they also make their tortillas fresh, they’re amazing. They also make carnitas ones that are awesome.

Once you get a good Mexican spot, you can’t go back to Taco Bell or fast food Mexican food. It’s so different.

I also LOVE cilantro.

I haven't touched fast food tacos in years. It's either a good spot or it's home made.

Or for a twist the Korean taco stand down in Asbury is fire

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Try it and you'll reach nirvana
I've got 2 local authentic taco shops... with all the scary parts lol. I'm not that brave normally but I'll try it and report back. Tongue I'm not scared of - just never knew what that was until I just looked it up. Tripe... mmm maybe not so much. I'm a barbacoa type of guy - shell dipped in the fat.

• Love
Reactions: OmNomNom

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 694589

Need chorizo tacos in my veins right now
Those ones look really good and not greasy either.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the greasy ones, but I can understand why some people are turned off by all the grease and oil.

I started eating chorizo probably at the family of my first serious girlfriend. Her mom and that side of the family had come from Spain. They used to make paella with chorizo in it. I even think they sometimes were getting the stuff imported from relatives in Spain. They would cut it into chunks and put it in there. The chorizo was different from the Mexican chorizo, but both are still good. I haven’t had the Spanish chorizo in so long.

And for Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah her family would have chorizo and paella and dishes like that, which were so much better and different from the typical foods we’re accustomed to eating on those days.

Her dad was Jewish and we would have the chorizo on nights during Hanukkah and the two of us just could not resist making the same stupid “is chorizo kosher though?” Joke multiple times every year. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I also LOVE cilantro.

And yes cilantro is fire. I feel bad for people stuck with it tasting like soap.

I also just recently learned it's the same plant as Corriander

Reactions: Devs3cups

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
beef tongue tacos? Is the meat tender?
It’s normally tender.

It’s alright. If I’m ordering a bunch of tacos I’ll order a couple of those, but if I’m only getting a few they’re not my go-to’s.

They sort of taste like chunks of beef.

I like the tripa better, which are the intestine. :oops:

Cabeza is good too. That’s the cow head.

I feel bad when thinking about the shit I eat and feel like I should be a vegetarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad