GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
E
I'm not sure I support execs making scratches. Marty and Fitz are good people to be making those decisions but if the coach doesn't have a better pulse on the team than the executives he shouldn't be the coach.
well…yeah he shouldn’t be the coach lol

Guys sucks. Thank goodness people who don’t have their heads up their asses stepped in.

But I agree with you in the sense that they need to boot him and get someone in there they won’t feel the need to interject with.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Getting Wood out was just such an obvious move, I’m glad the front office gave their input. Even with Lazar not doing much of anything 5 on 5, he still contributed to the PK (which was pivotal).

But really, whether we can come back or not will be about Jack getting his game going or not. He’s the franchise.
More than anything I was glad to see Lazar get a chance cause it seems like circumstances beyond his control kept him out of the lineup, first the visa, then he was hurt a little bit then the team got on a roll so he couldn't get in.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I agree, which is why it's possible this was a unique situation due to the circumstances.

Just speculating off what Ruff said.
It could also be that Ruff was already thinking about starting Akira and both Fitz and Marty agreed, so he went with it. Just because people above Ruff had input doesn't necessarily mean they overrode him.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
The PK was GREAT tonight.

You just know the Rangers have doubt in the back of their heads right now. Winning in OT at the Garden to bring this series to 2-1 is a MAJOR momentum shifter. Our young guys delivered.
A seed of doubt is planted that just needs to be watered along with a seed of confidence in their own minds.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dano is right they can't let themselves get top high off this because it's right back to work tomorrow with a game on Monday that we also need. Maybe not a must win like tonight, but pretty damn close.

Gut out a W Monday and you got a few days to reset for what becomes a best of 3
Yeah especially since they have to win at least one more there and maybe both since I'm not exactly confident in them winning home games given how badly they play at the Rock in big games, they might have to sweep the Garden games to have a realistic shot.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
More than anything I was glad to see Lazar get a chance cause it seems like circumstances beyond his control kept him out of the lineup, first the visa, then he was hurt a little bit then the team got on a roll so he couldn't get in.

I didn't realize he hasn't seen his wife and kid for this long, never mind his wife being stuck on bed rest due to a near premature birth

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only pushback I ever really had toward people wanting Schmid to start from the hop was that Vitek did enough in the regular season to earn the first crack in the playoffs, not that he should play forever. Which he obviously got, but I was also screaming for Schmid to be the backup cause I knew there was a chance we'd have an early hook and I sure as shooting didn't want it to be Blackwood coming in if Vitek got lit up early.
I’m still so annoyed that it took until game 83 to finally make you know who the third goalie. God/the universe/whatever you believe in kept sending out signs all year long with Schmid. What happened in game 82 was almost like a script in a movie/TV series.

I’m sure the staff and a management kind of agreed with us in regards to Blackwood/Schmid, but were also still holding onto faith and hope.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Is it 2 cans of frozen limeaid, 2 coronas, and 1 can of 7 up? That's mine - just add 1 bottle blanco or reposado tequila

frozen limeaid is the most unknown cheaper version ingredient of whats needed to make the drink.... the high priced companies are selling the same shit

...in related news..... one lime is a $1.10 right now here... not a typo

i wait until no one wants to pay that and grab reduced... 10 for 2.99 ... which really, are perfectly functioning limes still

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m still so annoyed that it took until game 83 to finally make you know who the third goalie. God/the universe/whatever you believe in kept sending out signs all year long with Schmid. What happened in game 82 was almost like a script in a movie/TV series.

I’m sure the staff and a management kind of agreed with us in regards to Blackwood/Schmid, but were also still holding onto faith and hope.
Yeah now I'm glad they played Blackwood over Vitek in the last game...it could have cost them the division (though it didn't ultimately) and forced them to make the obvious decision.

Reactions: Bleedred

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah now I'm glad they played Blackwood over Vitek...might have cost us the division but also forced them to make the obvious decision.

Its annoying that the obvious decision has been obvious for like, a year and a half, but it took until the end of this season to make....

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Here's the full one, Bill got in on the action too lol.

CaXo2SB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad