ECQF GAME 1 8:14 PM ET - TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (A3) @ BOSTON BRUINS - CBC, TBS, TruTV, TVAS, NESN (New England)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
If you are going by their playoff history, Samsonov. Higher career sv% in the playoffs than both and actually won a round as the starter

I would feel much better with Swayman in nets as he's a much more stable (and IMO, talented, capable) goalie, but let's see what happens...

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I would feel much better with Swayman in nets as he's a much more stable (and IMO, talented, capable) goalie, but let's see what happens...

Can you at least acknowledge the double standard? You take the players with the worse playoff history and stats over their regular season play, but do the opposite prior in the discussion.

Reactions: Strangle

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I can't wait for this series...

Will the core Leafs show up and earn their pay?
Will the B's make up for last year's early exit?
Great forwards with meh D and meh G vs okay forwards, great D and great G!

Also happy to take whatever Czech gets eliminated to the world's in Prague! Kampf or Pasta!

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Can you at least acknowledge the double standard? You take the players with the worse playoff history and stats over their regular season play, but do the opposite prior in the discussion.

It is what it is. Samsonov might be better than Swayman tbh, but I doubt it although there's plenty of time left for both to prove it.

My point is that playoffs are a whole different ballgame.

Aren't Leaf fans wanting for players like Matthews to step up when the games matter and not just to pad their stats in the regular season?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The Leafs have one elite center. Coyle and Zacha produced just as much as JT this year.

No they didn’t, Tavares beats both of them

Also, you’re kind of cherry picking here. Have a look at these three players and give your head a shake

Tavares has more career points than both of these guys combined.

You could throw all 4 of Bostons centers at Tavares numbers and probably not get to 1040 career points. Take a walk and clear your head

Why do we just ignore when he played well? Like literally last season he was a superstar round 1. When we needed goals the most he came up big, including in the elimination game and 2 goals for the comeback the game before.

While totally handicapping his shot due to a wrist injury.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
We will certainly be seeing the same as a few Leafs fans love to excuse Kadri by blaming Debrusk for... nothing... in a single game sample size a decade ago as evidence the refs help the Bruins. It goes both ways.

The footage of the game is available on YouTube, you know that, right?

It’s probably Edward’s fault that poor Boston fans have such a skewed homer outlook on the officiating.

I’m sure you’ll all eventually heal once he’s gone. Good riddance, he’s ruined your entire fanbase by blinding you to reality with his ridiculous hottakes

Are you going to make a point or are you just gonna talk to hear yourself talk?

Just think hard about what you said and work it out on your own.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He was meh last playoffs, and Vasilevskiy had a .875 save % which is one of the main factors of them even winning that series..

Let's see what he does tonight. Prove us wrong, Mr. regular season goal machine.
giphy.gif

Your ratio'd account makes a lot of sense, tbh.

Great discourse.

10/10

What year did they start counting likes? Was it before or after 2009?

They had post count before 2009. Stop embarassing yourself with Twitter jargon, no one talks like that in real life. Take an internet break

Strangle

May 4, 2009

He doesn’t understand how stats work

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
What year did they start counting likes? Was it before or after 2009?

They had post count before 2009. Stop embarassing yourself with Twitter jargon, no one talks like that in real life. Take an internet break

Still no point to be seen...

Just blah blah blah.

Did you have a point or should I just give up?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Strangle

May 4, 2009
But....Toronto was the cause of none of the pics of B’s

Maybe this year is their time.
I know it’s gonna be fun to watch :popcorn:

Didn’t Kadri kill Jake debrusk? Or was he just faking? Looked dead on the ice to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad