ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I am not a Leafs fan (my sons are) but even I had to admit the Leafs played much better today. More checking which resulted in more possessions but they still have issues clearing their zone. I don't think Boston played badly except for the undisicplined penalties and I wouldn't pin the loss solely on Swayman. Leafs just played better. I suspect Boston will make adjustments and next game will be just as close.

As an aside, while my kids and I have polar opposite perspectives on which team we cheer for, one thing we can absolutely concur is how much we hate those stupid, woke Scotiabank commercials.

Reactions: pedis

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
That Reaves penalty causing the too many men penalty had me grinning ear to ear. Also loved Marchand's dive.

Can't wait for the whistles to be put away as they always do.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I am not a Leafs fan (my sons are) but even I had to admit the Leafs played much better today. More checking which resulted in more possessions but they still have issues clearing their zone. I don't think Boston played badly except for the undisicplined penalties and I wouldn't pin the loss solely on Swayman. Leafs just played better. I suspect Boston will make adjustments and next game will be just as close.

As an aside, while my kids and I have polar opposite perspectives on which team we cheer for, one thing we can absolutely concur is how much we hate those stupid, woke Scotiabank commercials.

Do you, or do your sons, have some sort of opinion on whether missing a 40 goal and 100 point player is somehow detrimental to a team?

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Boston will win this easily. Toronto just doesnt win in playoffs. 1 series win in the past 3 decades is pathetic. They dont have any players that brings it during playoffs like a Joshua, Miller or Garland. Its the same core of players that have failed multiple times in playoffs with Bertuzzi and Domi added and they are non factors in playoffs. Getring rid of ROR was a big mistake imo
Domi was definitely a factor tonight. As was AM34.

Reactions: banks

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Marchand is absolutely PATHETIC. What an embarrassment he is. Diving like that

It's only embarrassing when you don't own up to it. He's playing a role and acknowledges as much. Gamesmanship is a lost art on today's youth/talent. It's sad, really.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
No comments on Matthews' shooting percentage over his career ?

16.2% in regular season.

10.0% in playoffs...

Boston Bruins in 5 this should be easy for the Bruins :cool:.

It's not. Since Matthews first year in the playoffs, only 3 players among the top 50 playoff goal scorers have a worse shooting percentage.

Leafs fans are trying really hard to pump up Matthews.

No one is saying he is a bad player. But he doesn't step up in the playoffs, so I think that puts him down a peg among top players.

Bruins in 4, Toronto isn’t even a threat in the playoffs. Team has no heart and no big game players

Far from an issue and far from the solution. Is average what you expect of Matthews?

this series will be over in 4. then, big changes in the Six.
oof ooh guy.jpg

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Have you been watching these games? He's been running over the Bruins and that 4th line has been so dominant Montgomery had to change the match up lol.

Would love Reavo in Montreal

Agree 100% - - Reaves and the 4th line have manhandled the Bruins.

I don’t understand why people try to comment when they haven’t even watched the games.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

Swayman didn't play. Yikes

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
It's only embarrassing when you don't own up to it. He's playing a role and acknowledges as much. Gamesmanship is a lost art on today's youth/talent. It's sad, really.
Hmm. Same move that the other captain made leading to a PP goal. Both soft but understandably looking to draw a call.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
No one said they are Cup favorites, far from it. You seem angry.
TBH, the hubris shown after a single goal win vs the backup goaltender is a little over the top.

JMHO. It's a good win. No more, no less.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

LOL, are you cereal? That's quite possibly the worst dive I've ever seen in the NHL. That's not "gamemanship", That's cheating. He's a cheater. He did it again at the end of the game BTW. He's such a good player. He doesn't need to do this but when it's all said and done and he retires it'll be the face licking, slew footing and diving I'll remember him for. I wonder if that's how he imagined it playing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad