ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
And just like that we have a series....most Leaf fans were already to jump off a cliff and all the non leaf fans were gloating that this series is over.....isn't sports wonderful in how it can so humble us....
Buddy, we don't climb to the top of the cliff anymore.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
First playoff game of Matthews career where I thought he might have a spine in him. Played like a dog all night. Took Yzerman a while to figure the playoff thing out.

Mar 26, 2010
Lol please. That's a massive f***ing dive.

Bruins have done far worse against Toronto and at worst it's always been matching minors for them.

Thank god their PP was trash to end the game. I was certain they would score.
That was a dive.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I absolutely LOVED the slash across the ankles with only a few seconds remaining in the game by Edmundson.

Ref had his arm up for a penalty and the Boston player was rolling around on the ice as time expired.

Perfect way to close out the game - - sorry about your luck, Bruins.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Boston has done significantly worse in every series we've played against them, and not even gotten called for a penalty. Marchand can suck it up and be a man, or as much of a man as he can be.
Marchand is what he is. Everyone knows this. He’s not going to change.

Hacking him in the ankle is stupid and asking for a penalty. It was stupid and deserved a call.

This is one thing I hate about playoff hockey, you get guys (not necessarily you) who just want to bitch about penalties all night. Great game but they just live to complain. I don’t even know why they watch the games.

You know what you’re dealing with in Marchand. Play him accordingly. The league is not going to remove him. He’s not going to get ten minutes for diving. This is playoff hockey. It’s nothing new. Claude Lemieux, Brad Marchand… welcome to the NHL.

If you slash him he’s going to bring it to a ref’s attention. Dont do it! Play smarter.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I absolutely LOVED the slash across the ankles with only a few seconds remaining in the game by Edmundson.

Ref had his arm up for a penalty and the Boston player was rolling around on the ice as time expired.

Perfect way to close out the game - - sorry about your luck, Bruins.
Honestly I don't know why teams don't do this more.

Literally just start tackling people with 5 seconds left. Who cares if you get a penalty

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
They own us in every way except this last game, which they lost while the Leafs were playing shorthanded.
Hahahahahha keep that head held high my guy. WOW you know you have nothing to counter facts when you can say this last game. We blew you out game one and you guys won a one goal game. Good troll… I mean terrible I’ll be coming back for more after the next few games. Peace

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Or… the Leafs could just not hack him in the ankle during a scrum.

It was dumb by Bertuzzi. The Leafs need to "toughen up" is about not backing down. You're not actually ever going to *get* to Marchand the way he gets to others, that's why he's such a good rat. All you're going to do on a play like that is get baited, and have Marchand draw a penalty. There's no upside and the downside was obvious (and happened).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad