ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Leafs fans complained all season long about Bertuzzi. His signing paid off tonight in it’s entirety, he was a big factor in this win.
A lot of Leafs fans have never complained about the Domi, Bertuzzi, Reeves, Benoit, Edmundson or Lub signings/trades.

The fan base is split in two. One half want the game to be played like the Dubas Leafs. The other half want to play it like the Bruins of old.

For each detractor of a move the Leafs have made, there is a fan of it.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Series is 1-1 boss or did you think you got a head start in the series for regular season wins?
I take it all the last post season series have swayed you yet. My friend the bag over the head is still coming. It would be an all time worse for the leafs to lose to Boston with no centers

Imagine Bergeron or Chara diving like that. The standard has lowered so far in Boston.
Insert JT dive…

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It was dumb by Bertuzzi. The Leafs need to "toughen up" is about not backing down. You're not actually ever going to *get* to Marchand the way he gets to others, that's why he's such a good rat. All you're going to do on a play like that is get baited, and have Marchand draw a penalty. There's no upside and the downside was obvious (and happened).
Exactly. I don’t understand how anyone could not understand this. He goads people into taking penalties. That’s his specialty. Whining about dodging is totally stupid and the Leafs need to smarten up. If they keep doing this they’re just giving the Bruins what they want. You have to be disciplined.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Imagine Bergeron or Chara diving like that. The standard has lowered so far in Boston.
No it hasn’t.

Marchand has been in the league forever. If you don’t know who he is by now you’re in for a surprise. And they have other guys who’ve done this for years. Ken Linesman was a Bruin for Pete’s sake.

This is nothing new. It’s happened forever.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
It is 1-1 lol Bruins fans really do love bringing up the regular season though!
Buddy we don’t have to just bring up regular season we have series after series of wining against you guys to bring to the table. Congrats on evening up the series. Leaf fans love planning the cup parade after tying the series. Embarrassing. Jesus…. Man

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This series is all in the Leafs head because this shouldn't be close if the Leafs just play hockey but it's the playoff scars that they carry of the past years against Boston that weigh them down more than anything this version of Boston can do.

It's a mental hill they have climb.

This Bruins team doesn't have Rask to save them.

People love talking about playoff experience and series wins and well Samsonov has more of it that Ullmark and Swayman combined.

Bruins should have started Swayman in this one and ride the hot hand. Now they will obviously go back to Swayman and if they lose Game 3, they've got no idea who starts Game 4. Sometimes certainty in net is better than having two good goalies in tandem.

Tim Thomas played that entire run with Rask on the bench even though Rask was just as good.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Buddy we don’t have to just bring up regular season we have series after series of wining against you guys to bring to the table. Congrats on evening up the series. Leaf fans love planning the cup parade after tying the series. Embarrassing. Jesus…. Man
....I was responding to someone referencing the regular season? Are you okay?

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
First playoff game of Matthews career where I thought he might have a spine in him. Played like a dog all night. Took Yzerman a while to figure the playoff thing out.
Lol. Someone didn’t watch the Tampa series last year.

Reactions: banks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad