ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

harvestglen

Oct 29, 2013
Any non-Leafs fan who didn't think this was essentially a bye to the second round for the Bruins was kidding themselves. None of you should be surprised.

Reactions: Trow

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Imagine being this uninformed about a team and posting this confidently...

Treliving foolishly built the team to be tough instead of adding more scoring...

Reaves, Benoit, McCabe, Domi, McMann, Knies, Dewar, Edmundson, Lyubushkin, and Bertuzzi... there are enough "tough" guys (just listed the guys who have fought this year).

Scoring is an issue every playoff, not being tough.
Over 40 mil in 4 forwards and half of that for any 6 d-men, as a matter of fact add the goalies in and it is still less than what you are paying those 4 players upfront. I think maybe the finger pointing should start with that overrated GM that is now in Pittsburgh, he sucks , and Shanahan might be right with him. The difference between the Bruins win or lose is that that half of the room drinks fine wine and the other half drinks draft beer, the bruins drink out of the same glass........

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
IMHO, the Leafs are constructed poorly for the playoffs, being from the forwards back instead of the goal out. Then, the Leafs are horrendously top-heavy such that if their four star forwards (and particularly Matthews and Nylander) can be more-or-less neutralized, then any depth scoring is by random chance instead of by design. Even if the Leafs were to advance, to do so they would have to work Matthews and Nylander so much that they would eventually become exhausted and ineffective (exactly what happens to McDrai every playoffs who do go deeper only to inevitably run out of gas). Tack on the emotional predeterminism of "Here we go again" and the result is ..... this.

Even worse, through the contract extensions Treliving has now locked in place this flawed structure for some years.
I love the Leafs either way as a non fan.

I would Legit be happy if they won the Cup and know a lot of Leaf fans. So when they win, it's great!
However, when they lose, it's really entertaining to me.

Basically, every Leaf playoff game is a treasure for me one way or the other.lol

Agree - they are built the opposite of a winner (just like the Oil) and that eventually catches up with you. In the Oil case .. McDrai approach their season .ppg stats. The leafs core generally does not and that is also a problem as those 4 should be able to win a few rounds before running out of gas.

I won't be missing a single game of this series! Also, if Leafs win.. get Pasta to Prague. I can't lose here.lol

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I just hope; If they’re going to lose anyway - Bruins sweep. Then get caved themselves in round 2 - to prove how far away Leafs are. And change commence. But they’ll probably fail at losing too

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
All the non playoff fans in here. Haha you did it guys , you did it!

I couldn’t imagine being outa the playoffs and think my opinion about the playoffs matters.

I won’t be here in a week likely, I get it. Just to get that joke outa the way.
WTF kind of arbitrary ass rule is this. LMAO.

We're on a discussion forum, we'll say whatever the f*** we want.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Leafs had rhe first goid scoring chances. Swayman made 2 big saves. Leafs pretty much sucked after that.
Leafs best players have to be great for them to win. They rarely are in play off games.
Bruins best players don't have to be and they can still win.
Beecher , Carlo , Debrusk, Frederick 5
Matthews , Marner , Tavares , Reilly 0

Good luck with that.
Very true. TOR contained Pastrnak well, but when guys like Beecher and Carlo are scoring goals on a sieve goalie there are going to be issues, especially given the TOR stars were blanked. Credit to Swayman, but it wasn't even that tough of a night at the office for him. The TOR star players weren't very dangerous. BOS 4th line had more of an impact on the game than either of Toronto's top two lines. Boston sure has Toronto's number.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
As a Penguins fan who "hates" the Bruins, well played. If there is one team who can shut down Marner and Matthews, it's the Bruins. Wow. Absolute play by the whole team.

Bruins are gonna take this in 5.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Very true. TOR contained Pastrnak well, but when guys like Beecher and Carlo are scoring goals on a sieve goalie there are going to be issues, especially given the TOR stars were blanked. Credit to Swayman, but it wasn't even that tough of a night at the office for him. The TOR star players weren't very dangerous. BOS 4th line had more of an impact on the game than either of Toronto's top two lines. Boston sure has Toronto's number.
Yep. Pastrnac contained.
Torontos money core contained.
Bruins rookies and role players showed up.
Leafs didn't.
Nothing new here.
Like watching Seinfeld reruns. 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad