ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
My favorite part of last night was the Bruins having the Leafs off their game even before the first whistle.

Domi chopping at Marchand at the opening faceoff was a preview of the Leafs undisciplined, uncharacteristic play for the rest of the night. The Bruins were so deep in the Leafs heads the Leafs came out looking for a street fight while the Bruins were looking to play playoff hockey.

Honestly, it was beautiful.
I actually like Domi going at him to start the game. No problem with that.

The good news for the Leafs is they had a great third period and game two starts 0-0. This series is far from over.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I made the mistake of clicking it. God. Does that clown have cocaine for breakfast?
I just make a point of not watching the guy. Every now and then a clip makes its way onto a show I’m watching or whatever and I’m so glad I don’t tune in.

Attention seeking by being as obnoxious as possible.

PhilKesselFatCamp

Dec 19, 2017
Washington, DC
I actually like Domi going at him to start the game. No problem with that.

The good news for the Leafs is they had a great third period and game two starts 0-0. This series is far from over.

They had a great 5 minutes to start the third period.

After the Geekie hit/ ensuing PP - the Leafs didn't mount any significant, sustained pressure for the rest of the game.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They had a great 5 minutes to start the third period.

After the Geekie hit/ ensuing PP - the Leafs didn't mount any significant, sustained pressure for the rest of the game.
That makes sense. I changed the channel after about ten minutes into the third. They looked good until then.

Ned Bouhalassa

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Bruins show themselves to be the more well-rounded team, and to have a killer D + G combo.
And how do the Leafs ever hope to go deep in the playoffs without a true #1 goalie? I’m baffled.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Toronto from the start was pushing an artificial tough act and it was easy to see through. Bruins are soft but the far tougher team as a whole. Most of Toronto's toughness is the defense, limited in skill, also an advantage.

Domi/Bertuzzi have extremely low hockey IQs and it shows every shift they pretend tough.

Highlight for me is the sequence post whistle with Matthews crosschecking a Bruins defenseman while simultaneously backpedaling back to the bench as quickly as possible.

Toronto needs to focus on offense.
The " low hockey IQs " comment caught my attention, but it is the " pretend tough " is more of the truth.....

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Leafs have to quit the fake tough-guy act, it backfired spectacularly.
The Bruins aren't intimidated the slightest bit.
Reaves is such a liability, I can't believe he's dressed! He handed the Bruins the 1st goal with a boneheaded play, and generally just can't keep up.
Domi can play hockey, but ran around with rocks for brains. His stupid penalty naturally led to a Bruins PP goal. He needs to calm down, and somehow play tough without playing stupid.
Other notes:
Keefe's bizarre fixation on Ridly Greig is hilarious, still talking about him in a Sportsnet interview before the game. He needs to forget about that and focus on getting his team ready, and to play smart. Maybe his team is playing stupid because he is still praising a guy (Rielly) who stupidly cross checked a guy in the face and got suspended. Sure, a response was warranted, Rielly should have forced Greig to fight him.
Matthews looks a little bit off, and is holding his stick too tight. That play where Swayman made a mistake coming out and Matthews hit the post with the empty net, he scores on 99 out of 100 times.

Biggest difference: Bruins had composure and discipline. The Leafs, reflecting their coach, looked undisciplined and out of control.

I have to commend some Leaf fans that keep the faith and still think they'll win. That's not easy to do after the last 7 years. Charlie Brown will get to kick that football someday!!!

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
BOS are going to steamroll TOR. I have them in 5, maybe 6 if TOR gets a few lucky calls their way. Their key guys just completely crumble under the pressure of playoff hockey.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I agree, the Bruins looked bad and still won, this could be a short series if the Bruins start to play.
I wouldn't go as far to say they looked bad.
A great play by two rookies on the 2 on 1.
1-0.
owned the front of leafs net on Debrusk and Carlo goals.
Swayman was great when he had to be. Marchand McAvoy Debrusk connect nicely for 2 pp goals.
Team protected lead last 15 of third with relative ease.
But yea, they will be better when Pastrnak Zacha and Coyle play their top game

Max Domi is an absolute clown
Max 🤡 Domi .....
who gets him next season?

Reactions: Neil Racki

Mar 26, 2010
Game 1 must have felt like Groundhog Day for the Leafs and their fans.
It is pretty much what we expected. We knew that we were going to be matched up against Boston or Florida. It is a no contest with the comical goaltending in Toronto. The really sad part about it is, if you listen to Samsonov in the post game…he thinks he played great. The players also said they were very happy with their play. Talk about denial at it finest. They are delusional if they think that, they got crushed and sent home with their tail between their legs.

The series was over before it even started. I expect to see a few shutouts by Swayman. Boston in 4 easily.

Reactions: BHD

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
My favorite part of last night was the Bruins having the Leafs off their game even before the first whistle.

Domi chopping at Marchand at the opening faceoff was a preview of the Leafs undisciplined, uncharacteristic play for the rest of the night. The Bruins were so deep in the Leafs heads the Leafs came out looking for a street fight while the Bruins were looking to play playoff hockey.

Honestly, it was beautiful.

That is just Domi... this post makes no sense at all...

Leafs have to quit the fake tough-guy act, it backfired spectacularly.
The Bruins aren't intimidated the slightest bit.
Reaves is such a liability, I can't believe he's dressed! He handed the Bruins the 1st goal with a boneheaded play, and generally just can't keep up.
Domi can play hockey, but ran around with rocks for brains. His stupid penalty naturally led to a Bruins PP goal. He needs to calm down, and somehow play tough without playing stupid.
Other notes:
Keefe's bizarre fixation on Ridly Greig is hilarious, still talking about him in a Sportsnet interview before the game. He needs to forget about that and focus on getting his team ready, and to play smart. Maybe his team is playing stupid because he is still praising a guy (Rielly) who stupidly cross checked a guy in the face and got suspended. Sure, a response was warranted, Rielly should have forced Greig to fight him.
Matthews looks a little bit off, and is holding his stick too tight. That play where Swayman made a mistake coming out and Matthews hit the post with the empty net, he scores on 99 out of 100 times.

Biggest difference: Bruins had composure and discipline. The Leafs, reflecting their coach, looked undisciplined and out of control.

I have to commend some Leaf fans that keep the faith and still think they'll win. That's not easy to do after the last 7 years. Charlie Brown will get to kick that football someday!!!

Reaves played well minus his first shift... what are you talking about? Helped with the first goal and had some good chances.

Special teams and shakey goaltending were the biggest concerns.

At 5v5 it was relatively even.

A huge jumble of words that when put together don't reflect reality.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I don't think they were expecting the Leafs to miss a 98 point player. That's a pretty big swing.

Imagine the Leafs with Nylander while Pastrnak was out. It's quite a swing to lose a 40 goal/98 point player.
Imagine the Bruins had 3 ppg players…

That is just Domi... this post makes no sense at all...

Reaves played well minus his first shift... what are you talking about? Helped with the first goal and had some good chances.

Special teams and shakey goaltending were the biggest concerns.

At 5v5 it was relatively even.

A huge jumble of words that when put together don't reflect reality.
I hate on Reaves but I agree. Thought he played fine and created a few chances. Aside from his too aggressive play on the first goal

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Domi got clowned by Marchand all night , but in defence of domi , if he doesn't act a fool out there who will? Marner? Matthews? Tavares?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Let all the bottom 6ers and energy guys do all the work , the superstars want to play shimmy and pass the puck into the net for a goal. Imagine being the supporting cast on that team watching your star guys who make 10 mill play like that lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad