ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Yep. Pastrnac contained.
Torontos money core contained.
Bruins rookies and role players showed up.
Leafs didn't.
Nothing new here.
Like watching Seinfeld reruns. 😆

Funny thing was in these very threads, a few Leaf fans told us all that the Bruins core was aging and their core was vastly superior. Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Rask, all of them gone indeed.

And yet....same same.

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 2.37.53 PM.png

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs got spanked game 1 last year, won the series. I am not concerned until they have lost at home.

I think the Leafs are winning game 2, double so if Nylander is back.

A lot of folks who are saying it is over would not be saying that had the Leafs won, they would say it is a long series.. Which it is. Lots of hockey left to be played and the Leafs can be a lot better and will be.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Funny thing was in these very threads, a few Leaf fans told us all that the Bruins core was aging and their core was vastly superior. Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Rask, all of them gone indeed.

And yet....same same.

View attachment 856758
Yes. Leafs fans are severely lacking on what it takes to win four rounds.
Because they have never watched four rounds.
If I had a dollar everyime I heard a leaf fans say "didn't see the game, I dont watch hockey after the Leafs are out....Go Jays!"

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Leafs got spanked game 1 last year, won the series. I am not concerned until they have lost at home.

I think the Leafs are winning game 2, double so if Nylander is back.

A lot of folks who are saying it is over would not be saying that had the Leafs won, they would say it is a long series.. Which it is. Lots of hockey left to be played and the Leafs can be a lot better and will be.
Over? Nah. But a lot of leaf fans and media were saying it's over before last night's game.
All I heard was "leafs in 5, leafs in six".......if leafs had won last night they would be bragging.......they get spanked and all of a sudden game one means shit. ha!
Bruins and their fans know it's not over.....they have a ton of play off experience with all four rounds.
Where as for leaf fans the play offs only las
t long as the blue and white are still in.

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Alotvof keaf fans and media were saying it's over before last night's game.
All I heard was leafs in 5, leafs in six.......if leafs had won last night they would be bragging.......they get spanked and all of a sudden game one means shit.

Nonsense. I listen to overdrive basically daily, I listen to kipper and borne at least weekly, I see all the intermissions and everything. Not a single person was claiming this. You are straight up making this up.

Every year Leaf forum is a cesspool of negativity and people claim we are all saying how easy it will be.

Anyways, it is a beautiful Sunday. I am enjoying some other games so far today, got my BBQ cleaned up and ready for the summer. I don't plan on getting bogged down in this thread over this stuff. So enjoy!

Reactions: AvroArrow

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Saying Matthews dominated that game is some pure Leaf fan delusion. I should expect it, but still funny to see.
Thats the way it always goes. Matthews gets a bunch of shots, good chances and yet he doesn’t score very much in the playoffs.

Then people always defend him and say “Matthews played great, he had a bunch of chances”. Then maybe he should convert on them and score, that’s what he’s paid to do.

He’s not about to be paid over $13 million to just “look good in the playoffs” and not produce.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If you think Matthews "visibly lacked playoff intensity" you clearly didn't watch the game lol. Matthews dominated the game from his very first shift, just didn't get the bounces and Swayman played very well.

Marner, yes, he disappeared once again. If he doesn't show something in this years playoffs he needs to go. Let him walk tbh, his 11M cap is worth more than what he "provides" in the playoffs. Either he needs to have an 11M dollar performance or bye bye.
Are we counting bounces and big saves? Bruins hit the post roughly 19 times and Samsonov made a couple great stops during some net front chaos plays

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Watching games > Staring at a stat sheet

He dominated the puck and had the Bruins hemmed in their own zone almost the entire game with multiple prime scoring chances, he could've easily had 2 or 3 goals but go on lmao
Yeah, Matthews was about a 6 for me.

I didn't really see a dominant level of play from him, but that's unfortunately where we are with this team. We're far predicated and focused on individual performances as a source of confidence. It's natural, I suppose; look how the teams are built; it's more akin to a basketball team.

Pasternak probably was about a 6 last night for Boston, but the depth of their team came through, as well as their defence and goaltending.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Nonsense. I listen to overdrive basically daily, I listen to kipper and borne at least weekly, I see all the intermissions and everything. Not a single person was claiming this. You are straight up making this up.

Every year Leaf forum is a cesspool of negativity and people claim we are all saying how easy it will be.

Anyways, it is a beautiful Sunday. I am enjoying some other games so far today, got my BBQ cleaned up and ready for the summer. I don't plan on getting bogged down in this thread over this stuff. So enjoy!
Oh yea.
Check the leaf Bruins HFboard from ladt night.
That's where the SN list of "insiders" was posted.
Starting with Marak at the top.
Copied and pasted on HF. Only one talking head had the Bruins (in 7) and he was the Oiler guy.
Friedman, Marak, Kipper. Bourne has leafs in 5) and a bunch more. All predicting leafs to win series.
Now I get they are toeing the company line . Nevervthe less the list of SN predictions is right there in black and white. One guy had Leafs in 4. ha!
The poster added that Jeff Oniel picked Bruins.
Didn't see Noodles or Cheif Leaf Groupie Brian Hayes on the list.

Last edited:

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
That wasn’t really what happened in the Florida series though. Boston’s goaltending imploded.
Ullmark was injured. Montgomery should have gone to Swayman by game 5. If he had, I believe the Bs win and it doesn't take 7 games.

Reactions: BTO

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I disagree about Reaves. You need guys like him if you want to win in the playoffs. He may be a liability at times, I’m sure Maroon will be too but you have to have them out there. Boston in recent years is a perfect example of what happens when you don’t have that physical presence on the ice.
Corey Perry would’ve made sense. Reaves? No.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Should be pretty obvious at this point that the leafs core just doesn’t mesh at all, not a cohesive group. They don’t complement each other in any way. The leafs targeted and signed the wrong guys to build a team around . AM is wasting his prime years with a franchise struggling to adapt to building a competitive team in the current NHL. Sadly there doesn’t seem to be an escape hatch for leaf management, they’ve committed to this route and are stuck with it.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Oh yea.
Check the leaf Bruins HFboard from ladt night.
That's where the SN list of "insiders" was posted.
Starting with Marak at the top.
Copied and pasted on HF. Only one talking head had the Bruins (in 7) and he was the Oiler guy.
Friedman, Marak, Kipper. Bourne has leafs in 5) and a bunch more. All predicting leafs to win series.
Now I get they are toeing the company line . Nevervthe less the list of SN predictions is right there in black and white. One guy had Leafs in 4. ha!
The poster added that Jeff Oniel picked Bruins.
Didn't see Noodles or Cheif Leaf Groupie Brian Hayes on the list.
its weird to see people have faith in this core still.
Ill still cheer for them and hope for the best. but I had no faith going in. I kinda expect Leafs to lose in 4 or 5

Reactions: bbfan419 and PaulD

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, Matthews was about a 6 for me.

I didn't really see a dominant level of play from him, but that's unfortunately where we are with this team. We're far predicated and focused on individual performances as a source of confidence. It's natural, I suppose; look how the teams are built; it's more akin to a basketball team.

Pasternak probably was about a 6 last night for Boston, but the depth of their team came through, as well as their defence and goaltending.
I noticed Matthews a lot more than Pasta. Matthews had a few good chances.

But Marner was completely invisible.

Reactions: BTO

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
yep. So does the core.
then they'll go have a great summer.
Im sure they feel the pressure already after losing just 1 game. I lost faith in them after they blew a 3-1 series lead against MTL lol.
too many times being let down.
I got my fingers crossed they can do something but Im not going to hold my breath on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad