GDT: ECQF 4 | FLYERS (A) vs. Canadiens (H) | Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | Flyers lead series 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
AV with the Hakstolian like approach of ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
bace0788a52364d9932db438fec5358f.png

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
JvR is scratched? Wth? I’m not gonna kid myself and say he was super effective, but his effort level in the last game was the highest I’ve seen it.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
“Doesn’t fit”. :laugh:

I guess he doesn’t want to admit that the coaches are idiots and scratching them for no reason, so he’ll pretend it’s a “fit” issue.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
JvR is scratched? Wth? I’m not gonna kid myself and say he was super effective, but his effort level in the last game was the highest I’ve seen it.

Meanwhile, Laughton turned the puck over every time he touched it and coughed up both a breakaway unscreened shot from the slot.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We’re playing one of the last teams that made it into a 24 team tournament & willingly conceding they’re more talented than us & we can’t beat them straight up. Like what is going to happen if/when you play New York, Tampa, &/or Boston & this doesn’t change?

We’re actually fortunate Montreal’s PP has only been slightly better than our’s.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
duuudeee what if we still had andrew freaking macdonald lol. Would AV bench niskanen for AMAC hahahahahahahaha. im sorry i'll stop, that is just brutal.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We’re playing one of the last teams that made it into a 24 team tournament & willingly conceding they’re more talented than us & we can’t beat them straight up. Like what is going to happen if/when you play New York, Tampa, &/or Boston & this doesn’t change?

We’re actually fortunate Montreal’s PP has only been slightly better than our’s.

I mean, it's pretty clear to me we are pretenders right now after watching this series.

If we had Oskar and NP in place of Thompson & Grant, a functional PP, and a stable 3rd pairing, I think we'd be legit contenders. The window is open for next season.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If we overcome these decisions to advance, we will not beat the Islanders while sitting good players and maxing out the ice time of horrible players. AV is running short on time to see the light and completely overhaul his long-time approach to the playoffs.

Doubt we beat TB either. But TB is built to disappoint.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Easy. We're either going to get carried by one line, one D pair, and a goalie at 5v5 or we're going to lose.

Literally everything else is broken by the staff. And honestly, it's only a matter of time before they break up that line and/or pair.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I mean, it's pretty clear to me we are pretenders right now after watching this series.

If we had Oskar and NP in place of Thompson & Grant, a functional PP, and a stable 3rd pairing, I think we'd be legit contenders. The window is open for next season.

ya it will be tough to watch next sseries but lindblom should be back so that helps the bottom 6.

Reactions: orangey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad