Post-Game Talk: ECQF 3 (Flyers lead series 2-1): FLYERS 1 vs. Canadiens 0, Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
I’m also hoping that after this first round the ice won’t be in as bad of shape as obviously less games will be played. What’s with the PP? G has been a top playmaker on the man advantage for a decade and all the sudden he can’t get points? That doesn’t seem right

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Habs didn't have the same energy tonight as they did in Game 2. If they did, they would have walked all over the Flyers today.

It was a pretty easy, boring game for both teams, unlike Game 2 where the Habs had an extra gear.

Still waiting for that extra Flyers gear...
It's not about effort or "gears". This is what the coaches want. They chose this pace and style.

We have one legit line, a line that should've been broken up long ago, and two 4th lines. Then our top pair has a corpse and our bottom pair is absolute trash. We've dumped our speed and skill (Farabee, Frost, and Ghost) for heavy and stone-handed (Grant, Thompson, and Hagg). I repeat: the 4th line led the team in 5v5 icetime tonight.

A coward play-style that tries not to lose instead of tries to win. That's the problem. We won this one but if drastic changes aren't made then we're f***ed.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
I’m also hoping that after this first round the ice won’t be in as bad of shape as obviously less games will be played. What’s with the PP? G has been a top playmaker on the man advantage for a decade and all the sudden he can’t get points? That doesn’t seem right
Ice probably contributes to that.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I saw a defenseman who played it simple instead of getting exposed each and every time he's on the ice. When Ghost has the puck in the corner my heartrate is comparable to a breakaway on Bryz. What was he, minus-5 last game?

What about the sequence where Hagg missed Braun on the half wall while neither was pressured, it resulted in 45 seconds of offensive pressure and multi high danger chances and then Hagg iced the puck with a tired unit on the ice at the end of the flurry. Does that increase your heart rate?

Couts is great, I see no flaws in the line up. The cup should be a lock.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It's not about effort or "gears". This is what the coaches want. They chose this pace and style.

We have one legit line, a line that should've been broken up long ago, and two 4th lines. We've dumped our speed and skill (Farabee, Frost, and Ghost) for heavy and stone-handed (Grant, Thompson, and Hagg). I repeat: the 4th line led the team in 5v5 icetime tonight.

A coward play-style that tries not to lose instead of tries to win. That's the problem. I
The Flyers definitely chose a low event style today, but there are definitely swings in energy and momentum that you continue to ignore.

The Flyers suffocated the game at 5 on 5 today, but the Habs did a better job in the first two games changing the game to their pace.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have to say this. Raffl is such a underrated player. He MADE Thompson and Pitlick look competent.
He’s underrated to a point. When he’s in his proper position in the lineup, I. E. Bottom 6, he’s great. People keep thinking of him as a player that “can play in the first line” still and underrate him thinking he’s a shell of his former self.
He played above his head and was carried when he was on the first line.

I like Raffl. I hate him in the top 6, I LOVE him in the bottom 6.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Flyers definitely chose a low event style today, but there are definitely swings in energy and momentum that you continue to ignore.

The Flyers suffocated the game at 5 on 5 today, but the Habs did a better job in the first two games changing the game to their pace.
Today? Every game so far.

They made the problem even worse for this one.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
You really don't get that the problem isn't effort? Really?

The problem is trash players, trash roster construction, trash coaching, and things going exactly as predicted.
lel never said I was just talking about the players; not sure why you thought I was.

Wanted them to come out and give the kind of response Lavy would want. I get that they got their ultimate "response" by getting an early lead and slowly choked the opponent out in route to a W, but f*** me. Except for Hart, this whole group from top to bottom is very uninspired rn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad