Post-Game Talk: ECQF 3 (Flyers lead series 2-1): FLYERS 1 vs. Canadiens 0, Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Another 2 or 3 games of Thompson 11 mins.

Grant in the top 6.

Two examples from me. Not all inclusive. I just need you to take 15-20% off there, Squirrelly Dan
I can give you 5%. That's my best offer.

The Hakstol similarities are just too strong for me. We're at the point where like half the roster is either being used way too much or way too little. Thompson, Grant, Hagg, Niskanen, Provorov, Laughton, Ghost, Farabee, Frost, JVR...

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
It's still terrible, but it at least makes him look like the joke he is. I'm too furious and enraged and f***ing angry about him to even care anymore - let him have it. I'm also super enraged that my dream last night ended. In it, I met a Japanese girl and we were in Japan and I saw the room where they had prepared the wedding and she was hot and her parents liked me and it all meant that I would be able to live there forever with a hot Japanese girl and the only problem I faced was trying not to sleep with her hot sister. This really happened, in my dream, and I want to go back there.
As long as I get credit for the nickname.

Nice weeb dream bro

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You dont know that.

Yes I do, he started Farabee who right now isn't nearly as good as those two.
I saw Frost this season and Suzuki in the playoffs and there is no comparison, Suzuki > Frost.
Doesn't mean Farabee and Frost won't be solid top 6 forwards in a couple years, but not this year.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
AVs earned all the hate he gets.

He's Haking it up, while having a better roster and less of an excuse to do so.

By taking our team from being garbage to 1st in the East, and having won 5 of the last 6 games? I understand that hockey like yesterday isn't very entertaining, but so far AV has had success objectively speaking.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
yes i know provy is shooting at an unsustainable rate. However that doesn't take away from the fact that he has the best shot interms of power and accuracy and ability to get it on net as anyone we have on the blueline not named ghost. Myers does have potential but isn't there yet.

You must have been just continuously creaming yourself when Hak implement the low high system that was all about point shots.

So many chances to see guys throwing pucks at the net from low danger areas, must have been amazing for you. I mean ANY can happen on a point shot, what more does a system or PP need?

Couts is great, I see no flaws in the lineup. The cup should be a lock.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yes I do, he started Farabee who right now isn't nearly as good as those two.
I saw Frost this season and Suzuki in the playoffs and there is no comparison, Suzuki > Frost.
Doesn't mean Farabee and Frost won't be solid top 6 forwards in a couple years, but not this year.

Are You AV? Bunnaman is 6'1 210 and he isnt playing him over the 6' 1" 205 Nate Thompson, who has a clearly lacking skillset.

This isnt about Frost vs Suzukli to me, to be very clear. ITs about building an optimal roster, and Nate Thompson doesnt belong on it in any world.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
If AV had Suzuki (5'11 201) and Kotkaniemi (6'2 190+) he'd start them too.
Kotkaniemi was the #3 pick and plays like it in his second NHL season.
Both have NHL bodies and it shows on the ice.

Well then it's a good thing we're only asking him to upgrade the garbage currently centering our 4th line, not be a top 6 center like Kotkaniemi and Suzuki.

You understand that the bar is set at Nate Thompson right? No one is expecting him to replace Couts or Hayes. Nate Thompson. I fully understand that Frost could get in there and be completely over matched and maybe even be just as bad as Thompson has been. I think there's a far higher likelihood that he is at least a slight upgrade. And please spare me the "It doesn't matter unless Giroux, Voracex, and Hayes play better."

And btw, this is coming from a fan who thinks AV is a good coach and has been a net positive on the team, despite some obviously boneheaded personnel decisions.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost could be worse than Thompson, the way Farabee has been dominated.
I think AV is more interested in his bottom six preventing goals and playing physical than scoring goals in this series.
The real problem is getting the top six to play better and score some goals.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Well, a win is a win. It wasn't pretty. Teams like MTL, CBJ, NYI are hound mentality type teams that rely much more on structure & work ethic than skill. Playing teams like this is going to be frustrating & probably not the most fun games to watch, but a win’s a win at this point. Get what you can & keep moving forward. Lets gut out two more wins, get lindblom on the team, and move on.

NYI is pretty much an elevated and complete version of what MTL is trying to do. However, they do not have the goaltending that MTL does. They do have more star power and their structure they are a bigger team that plays very similar. That series will be a dog fight as well. I don't care about regular-season matchups and how we never won a game...I remember one of those games had Sanheim fall and turn the puck over twice and it resulted in a goal. We weren't the same flyers team then.

HART IS AMAZING. So happy that he got his first shut out.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Frost could be worse than Thompson, the way Farabee has been dominated.
I think AV is more interested in his bottom six preventing goals and playing physical than scoring goals in this series.
The real problem is getting the top six to play better and score some goals.

Frost could be better than Thompson, the way the Canadiens decided it was ok to replace Nate Thompson with a 23 year old Jake Evans.
I don't care what AV thinks, becuase what he thinks clearly isnt working. His team is getting dominated night in and night out.
The real problem isnt his topline who posted great numbers in last nights match. The real problem is that we can't solve Price, and our slower, less skilled bottom 6 can't keep up with the Candiens.

Wow, that was easy.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Someone snapped a really good picture last night. I'd like to credit it, but I'm not sure who it was.

EfonUhIXsAIdqMx

*Edit* It's from the NHL's gallery. The photographer is named Chase Agnello-Dean.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's still terrible, but it at least makes him look like the joke he is. I'm too furious and enraged and f***ing angry about him to even care anymore - let him have it. I'm also super enraged that my dream last night ended. In it, I met a Japanese girl and we were in Japan and I saw the room where they had prepared the wedding and she was hot and her parents liked me and it all meant that I would be able to live there forever with a hot Japanese girl and the only problem I faced was trying not to sleep with her hot sister. This really happened, in my dream, and I want to go back there.

Just go watch some Beabadoobee videos on youtube. You'll feel better.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost could be better than Thompson, the way the Canadiens decided it was ok to replace Nate Thompson with a 23 year old Jake Evans.
I don't care what AV thinks, becuase what he thinks clearly isnt working. His team is getting dominated night in and night out.
The real problem isnt his topline who posted great numbers in last nights match. The real problem is that we can't solve Price, and our slower, less skilled bottom 6 can't keep up with the Candiens.

Wow, that was easy.

They didn't think it was OK, they traded Cousins and Thompson and Scandella because they thought they were out of the playoffs at that time.
Flyers weren't dominated last night, they lost the Corsi battle b/c of the Habs style of play (2nd in Corsi in regular season), but won the xGF battle, in other words, they weren't giving up as many rebounds and keeping the Habs on the perimeter.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They didn't think it was OK, they traded Cousins and Thompson and Scandella because they thought they were out of the playoffs at that time.
Flyers weren't dominated last night, they lost the Corsi battle b/c of the Habs style of play (2nd in Corsi in regular season), but won the xGF battle, in other words, they weren't giving up as many rebounds and keeping the Habs on the perimeter.

You watched a different game than I did last night, then. Because 3 inches another way, and the flyers lose that game 5-1. It wasnt as bad as game 2, but it wasnt pretty, either.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Raffl was rusty, but with Raffl and Pitlick, Thompson can play ironically the way Bunnaman did on the winning streak, basically don't make mistakes and let people get behind you.

Grant at 3C is a bigger issue, but Grant has also been on the ice for one HDCA in 3 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad