Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm humbled and honored to have been drafted to HFLeafs for the playoffs. The opportunity to be part of two historic franchises is truly once in a lifetime.

I want to thank @iSophagus and all the Leafs reps for taking a chance on me.

With the Rangers having played over 100 playoff games since the lockout, as well as being a lifelong Yankees fan and part of two Superbowl wins, I think I can add some veteran leadership to this board, as well as a posts/60 over 1.00, cause I know @zeke likes his analytics :D

Whatever the boards needs me to do - be it corsi, complaining, memes; I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win and make the board dank.

I'm excited to be working with stars such as Auston Matthews and Morgan Rielly as well as my dude @CantLoseWithMatthews

I just hope I'm here until June.

Go Leafs Go!

I don't get a shoutout?!

Glad to have you hop on the bandwagon buddy!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
just watching the TSN fantasy pool.
i'm just wondering why you wouldn't take a player who is PPG in the playoffs. all Jets + 1 Bruin so far.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
:laugh:

Yeah, he's definitely not what he used to be, but ****, I remember watching that old buzzard play when he was 23 years old. Gonna be nice.

Damn man. Make sure to shield your eyes if he gets (he wont) any ice-time.

Don't wanna ruin everything for ya.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Hold up, i think Babcock is a fine coach but there's a fairly large sub-set of fans on here who agreed with everything he does, no matter what that is

Babcock is human, he does good and bad and he should be critiqued or praised accordingly

If you agree with Babcock I'm fine with it but I'd like to see some evidentiary support to show why Babcock is right in your opinion not just "because Babcock says so"

I disagree with Babcock at times, definitely. I don't think Martin should be played ahead of Kapanen or Johnsson for example. I also don't want to see Leo on the PP, ever. Dermott I thought was overbaked in the AHL but that's actually good. Good teams season players and that's fine.

What I'm saying is I disagree with Babcock at times, for sure. He's human, like you said.

My point is with the camp that literally criticize him about something all the time, relentlessly, and truly believe they're smarter than him. I'm not clumping you into that group, but that's the group I was addressing.

And labeling the side that doesn't want to jump on board with their boring and relentless criticism of a very good coach with immature names doesn't help their cause.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Devils usually had beards.

Lou is a guy who understands tradition and I think he makes exceptions for the playoffs.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I disagree with Babcock at times, definitely. I don't think Martin should be played ahead of Kapanen or Johnsson for example. I also don't want to see Leo on the PP, ever. Dermott I thought was overbaked in the AHL but that's actually good. Good teams season players and that's fine.

What I'm saying is I disagree with Babcock at times, for sure. He's human, like you said.

My point is with the camp that literally criticize him about something all the time, relentlessly, and truly believe they're smarter than him. I'm not clumping you into that group, but that's the group I was addressing.

And labeling the side that doesn't want to jump on board with their boring and relentless criticism of a very good coach with immature names doesn't help their cause.

I don't like the name calling full stop so I'm with you on that one

I like the pro against type arguments when there fact based with intangibles and eye test thrown into the mix to make a point

I think Johnsson is a better player 5v5 than Komarov and if we're running a matchup line that can eat some minutes against Bergeron it's the best 4th line we can run

I can see why Babcock likes Komorov his PK ability pest qualities and experience have value to the team but I don't think that out ways his weaknesses 5v5

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Although I disagree that there's value in playing vets because they're vets over kids that have demonstrated they're more skilled (See Kappy being a gamechanger last year after 8 NHL games), I can definitely respect your opinion on it as you're willing to accept a shake-up if it plays out how others see it, and honestly if Komarov does have a good game 1 where we see last year's Komarov vs this years, then I'll too support him staying in

Let me get something straight, you just described Hyman, Komarov hasn't fit this description all year, which is why I called you a fanboy as if you can't see it I expect their to be past love for Komarov clouding your judgement. But to talk about how you're cringing about being called a fanboy is ****ing hilarious considering your first reply to me consisted of accusing me of living in an ignorant bubble and there being no hope for me. (And now in this post, essentially calling me 12)

And jfc can you stop appealing to authority and actually make an argument on evidence provided by yourself? I'm sure with how much you defer to Babcock on this then you must've supported Martin staying in the lineup over Kapanen, Dermott not playing etc etc? Even though as time past Babcock realized it was a mistake to not have those kids in as they help us more to win. Hell, considering we're talking about Komarov, just look at how much the team improved once he realized his mistake of keeping Komarov on the 2nd line for half the season.

And I have literally no idea why you're saying "well I didn't say Komarov should defend Marchand" as I said nothing of the sort, and just seems like an wild exaggeration to bring down an argument you don't agree with.

Again, did you support Martin staying in over Kapanen & Leivo for most of the season? Did you support Dermott being left in the AHL for most of the season? Since I didn't, as I could make my own opinion instead of reflecting it to "Babs knows better", and Babs eventually found out he had the wrong opinion on those 2 points in the first place. All evidence from this season shows Johnsson gives us more of a chance to win than Komarov, so I'm easily willing to keep my opinion on it over deferring to Babs knows better, especially when one of Babs biggest faults in the eyes of Wings fans was his overdependence on real gud pro grinders.

Very good post (as always Nith ;) ), and even on the "frequent hitter" part we haven't seen 1 momentum changing hit while the Leafs stats counter is known for being too lenient on giving a tick for a hit when other arenas wouldn't which inflates his totals even more, so I even have to disagree on the extent his hitting is benefitting us.

If he brings back the Zach Hyman style game then we'll enjoy it, but we haven't seen the Hyman version of Komarov in a long time.

What a cop out. "Appealing to authority" being used as if it's a negative, when it's the standard. I'm sorry, I happen to have played/watched/followed this sport for 30 years. If I happen to have an opinion that lines up with the way the VAST majority of people who move the needle in the sport, I can assure you that I came to it without help.

Let's just address your tantrum in point form:

1. I don't "love" Komarov. I think he has slowed down, as all players who play his style of game do, but the hyperbolic hate he receives on this board day after day is asanine. I have faith he'll bring his best in the playoffs in the niche role that he is here to play. I'm not alone.

2. I have thought Kapanen belonged on this team since training camp.

3. I do like Marty, but he won't play another game in a Leafs jersey. He's an excellent mentor in the room.

4. You fired a passing shot about Komarov being out against Marchand. My point was that Babs will have him on the ice killing penalties against him, and that's a good time for Komarov to turn on his pest skills.

5. I believe Komarov's last stand is this playoff, and for good reason. It's time for Grundstrom/Johnsson to inherit the bottom wing spots.

6. Leivo is garbage. If he could skate half as well as Komarov, he'd be a fixture on this team.

7. Your first mistake is deferring to the Wings fanbase. I'll take deferring to Babs over that bunch any day. I have experience with them. They live in my backyard.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Normally I don't develop too much of a rooting interest in a series if my team faces the winner should they end up advancing to the next round. This is not a normal case though. Hope you guys exterminate that rat and beat the Bruins.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Lou does it the right way. You wanna be a class organization like the NYY? No facial hair. Look and act like professionals.

FYI, I'm in the professional sphere and have a beard like Joe Thornton without all the wizard in the middle... and tattoos...

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'm humbled and honored to have been drafted to HFLeafs for the playoffs. The opportunity to be part of two historic franchises is truly once in a lifetime.

I want to thank @iSophagus and all the Leafs reps for taking a chance on me.

With the Rangers having played over 100 playoff games since the lockout, as well as being a lifelong Yankees fan and part of two Superbowl wins, I think I can add some veteran leadership to this board, as well as a posts/60 over 1.00, cause I know @zeke likes his analytics :D

Whatever the boards needs me to do - be it corsi, complaining, memes; I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win and make the board dank.

I'm excited to be working with stars such as Auston Matthews and Morgan Rielly as well as my dude @CantLoseWithMatthews

I just hope I'm here until June.

Go Leafs Go!

If there was one main boards poster I wanted in the HFLeafs section, it's you. You manage to mix sarcasm with good opinions even on the cesspool that is the main boards. Welcome!

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Tickets probably got too expensive for Melnyk

He and Dorion are having first of three town hall meetings with season ticket holders tonite. No cameras just guys tweeting sounds like it’s going about as expected. Could get outgunned on Karlsson and if it makes anyone feel better,he guesses he apologizes for his winter classic comments. Tone deaf buffoon,

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
The Leafs sub on reddit talked about this playoff beard thing as well, and some of the users wrote that Lou said in a recent interview while it is still technically a rule, he does not enforce it. Apparently, he is kinda making fun of them for believing it. He said it on OverDrive or a broadcast during a game, I don't know.

While I'm all for doing whatever you want, I'm glad that none of our players look like Brent Burns.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
What a cop out. "Appealing to authority" being used as if it's a negative, when it's the standard. I'm sorry, I happen to have played/watched/followed this sport for 30 years. If I happen to have an opinion that lines up with the way the VAST majority of people who move the needle in the sport, I can assure you that I came to it without help.

Let's just address your tantrum in point form:

1. I don't "love" Komarov. I think he has slowed down, as all players who play his style of game do, but the hyperbolic hate he receives on this board day after day is asanine. I have faith he'll bring his best in the playoffs in the niche role that he is here to play. I'm not alone.

2. I have thought Kapanen belonged on this team since training camp.

3. I do like Marty, but he won't play another game in a Leafs jersey. He's an excellent mentor in the room.

4. You fired a passing shot about Komarov being out against Marchand. My point was that Babs will have him on the ice killing penalties against him, and that's a good time for Komarov to turn on his pest skills.

5. I believe Komarov's last stand is this playoff, and for good reason. It's time for Grundstrom/Johnsson to inherit the bottom wing spots.

6. Leivo is garbage. If he could skate half as well as Komarov, he'd be a fixture on this team.

7. Your first mistake is deferring to the Wings fanbase. I'll take deferring to Babs over that bunch any day. I have experience with them. They live in my backyard.

How's he going to be a pest on the PK?

I'd have thought he'd have better things to do on the PK than pissing Marchand off like he potentially could 5v5

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If there was one main boards poster I wanted in the HFLeafs section, it's you. You manage to mix sarcasm with good opinions even on the cesspool that is the main boards. Welcome!

Appreciate it!

People think I'm angry on here a lot but those who have met me IRL walk away really surprised :laugh: The thing is, people from New York speak three languages - sarcasm, bad English, and even worse Spanish. Sarcasm is definitely the most fluent, which is why we get a less than flattering reputation.

But you guys are in a big market and take a ton of abuse on the main boards, so you know what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad