Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
How's he going to be a pest on the PK?

I'd have thought he'd have better things to do on the PK than pissing Marchand off like he potentially could 5v5

He talks. Komarov always talks. He has the ability to rile people with his yap. Always has.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
who the hell picks Chara before Gardiner or you know any other defenseman in the playoffs.
Jeff O'Neill that's who

Reactions: CelticDruid

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Appreciate it!

People think I'm angry on here a lot but those who have met me IRL walk away really surprised :laugh: The thing is, people from New York speak three languages - sarcasm, bad English, and even worse Spanish. Sarcasm is definitely the most fluent, which is why we get a less than flattering reputation.

But you guys are in a big market and take a ton of abuse on the main boards, so you know what's up.

I get the same thing, but IRL lol. I'm Italian and Argentinian. I'm basically a nice asshole and cuss in English, Italian and Spanish. I do the opposite and stay somewhat composed on here, but then do the "NYC" but the Toronto version.

Reactions: Machinehead

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It's only Tuesday and i've had it up to here about all the 4-1 game seven.
This is why i wanted Tampa first.

Reactions: NiftyMits

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
It's only Tuesday and i've had it up to here about all the 4-1 game seven.
This is why i wanted Tampa first.
Any time we have a multiple goal lead, they'll bring it up. God forbid we have a multiple goal lead in an elimination game, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves!

I just hope when they play that montage, they also include the fact that only a handful of players from that team remain.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
What a cop out. "Appealing to authority" being used as if it's a negative, when it's the standard. I'm sorry, I happen to have played/watched/followed this sport for 30 years. If I happen to have an opinion that lines up with the way the VAST majority of people who move the needle in the sport, I can assure you that I came to it without help.

Let's just address your tantrum in point form:

1. I don't "love" Komarov. I think he has slowed down, as all players who play his style of game do, but the hyperbolic hate he receives on this board day after day is asanine. I have faith he'll bring his best in the playoffs in the niche role that he is here to play. I'm not alone.

2. I have thought Kapanen belonged on this team since training camp.

3. I do like Marty, but he won't play another game in a Leafs jersey. He's an excellent mentor in the room.

4. You fired a passing shot about Komarov being out against Marchand. My point was that Babs will have him on the ice killing penalties against him, and that's a good time for Komarov to turn on his pest skills.

5. I believe Komarov's last stand is this playoff, and for good reason. It's time for Grundstrom/Johnsson to inherit the bottom wing spots.

6. Leivo is garbage. If he could skate half as well as Komarov, he'd be a fixture on this team.

7. Your first mistake is deferring to the Wings fanbase. I'll take deferring to Babs over that bunch any day. I have experience with them. They live in my backyard.
:biglaugh: Call someone a 12 year old and cringy for calling yourself a fan boy after said person replied to your post about living in ignorant bubbles & no hope for them, and now you're calling their 2nd reply a tantrum when it was nothing of the sort. This may be my last reply interacting with you because of it, clearly you can't handle yourself without taking random pot shots even at the age of 35+.

And no, appealing to authority isn't a good argument when you provide no other factual evidence to support it. Here's my factual evidence for believing Johnsson playing over Komarov gives us a better chance to win:

Now onto your points

#1 so you admit he's slowed down, have you actually seen him be the elite forechecker & grinder for anything more than a couple games this season? There's not much reason to believe a player who isn't known as a top playoff performer will on the turn of the dime play the type of game he had in his prime with the season he's had. But this is a what if so we can't decide on it until we see it play out in game 1.

#2 & 3 So if you show that you've disagreed with Babcock before and that you essentially agree on at least Kapanen being a mistake by Babcock, why are you deferring to someone who has made mistakes before as if they're the be all end all opinion on this topic and can't be disagreed with?

#4 literally haven't mentioned Marchand once. You're mistaking me for another poster. But Johnsson PKs, and while I will agree Komarov is likely the better PKer than him, the difference in PK ability is minuscule compared to the difference in PP ability on the 2nd PP unit so just based on a goal scored is the same as a goal saved that seals the deal for me, without even looking at the very noticeable difference in ES impact. And Plekanec already pisses off Marchand, although not to act like we should be super worried about a player who has choked in Playoffs since his 2011 playoff run.

#5 this is just weird to me. So you agree it's time for Johnsson to play over Komarov, but not until 4 to 28 games have been played this season? If it's over some experience we're getting from a 1 point in 13 playoff games Komarov, I'd like for you to search up highlights of Kapanen in the Washington series after he only had 8 NHL games to his name.

#6 likely skates just as well as Komarov does now, but either way, that's pointlessly arguing over who the best #13 forward is, when Johnsson is definitely in our top 12.

#7 So wings fans can't be trusted to have a correct opinion of their coach of 10 years' faults? Well, ok. You can have that opinion. Would be wasting my time arguing to change an opinion on something like that.

I doubt everyone wants this thread filled with going over the Johnsson > Komarov argument though, so won't spend more time on it

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Do you think there can be other elements that make him a good pest? Could he be good at throwing an opposing player off his game?
I guess technically, although it's a lot harder to quantify that. Do you think he actually throws other players off? he gets outplayed and scored on constantly

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Now we is truly bout that! Boston Bruins did beat us back then but now it's different: WE got the talent and younger suckas than those B'sterds! We got that twerk in Polak, Kommy in Komarov, Naz in Kadri and some otha cool suckas too who can score with the best of them. We truly is that best team right now and the most entertaining too (as our Pat Quinn, Roberts sundin belfour domi corson nieuwendyk era should guarantee).
It doesn't even matter if we lose, we will show the best entertainment in sports against the boston bruins. We might even beat those suckas, hard. We make them pay the price, they will pay with their bodies. We will pound these suckas hard. We men, so we real hard.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He talks. Komarov always talks. He has the ability to rile people with his yap. Always has.

If he's on the PK I'd have thought his mind is going to be occupied with other problems, especially if he's working his ass off

Getting in a yapping contest in a scrum in front of the net, after a whistle or draping himself over Marchand 5v5 I'd agree he could be a pain in the ass but the PK seems less likely

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Any time we have a multiple goal lead, they'll bring it up. God forbid we have a multiple goal lead in an elimination game, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves!

i think honestly had Reimer been here i could see it being a factor
but i mean Naz + Jake were babies, Tyler didn't play, and JVR wasn't really the reason for the break down. all it's doing is driving a narrative that doesn't even impact this team. (especially with Shanahan's whole mantra that crappy time was then and this is now)

it's just so tiring. (and of course it's a quick afterthought)

I just hope when they play that montage, they also include the fact that only a handful of players from

Meh they now have the chance to really put that behind us by winning this series

true
i'm just cranky.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm going from AV to Babcock, should be good there.
until you see Polak get more ice time than Rielly, or Komarov get more ice time than Marner/Nylander. Babcock is awesome but he gives enough to complain about. He cited "he's heavy and a man" as the reason he was playing Komarov in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad