Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Is anyone subscribed to sportsnet on youtube? f***ing D-bags just added an almost 50 mins clip of Game 7 titled

"Watch the Game 7 Leafs collapse against Bruins in 2013 playoffs"

and then go onto details: "Watch every agonizing moment of the third period collapse of the Toronto Maple Leafs Game 7 against the Boston Bruins in 2013."

I just unsubscribed.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
In the predictions I never see the Leafs 7-1 record against Boston the past 2 years brought up, or Freddy's career 10-1 record. I believe if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd see it mentioned countless times by the media. Heck, we'll hear more about the 2013 collapse than those stats.

I am cool with that, why jinx something that has been going well for us.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You believe Babcock will match the 4th line against the B's top line?
Sounds like a recipe for early tee times.
The matchup might be a very real consideration...Pleks flanked by a 'take no guff' Leo and 'speed demon' KK might have its moments of being effective, in between the Kadri/Bergeron battle.
When all potential match ups are said and done, the one variable that is gonna be a nightmare for Bruins is one Mitchell Marner. I truly feel they have no answer!

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Don't know if anybody has heard of "The Hockey Guy" on YouTube, really smart guy and always breaks down everything in fine detail, he picked Toronto in 6. Also yes he's wearing a Leafs jersey but he wears jerseys of various teams all the time, he wore it because he's picking them as he describes in the video. In fact he even says he's a Bruins fan.

This analysis is flawless. You can't touch this, even if you love Boston.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
The matchup might be a very real consideration...Pleks flanked by a 'take no guff' Leo and 'speed demon' KK might have its moments of being effective, in between the Kadri/Bergeron battle.
When all potential match ups are said and done, the one variable that is gonna be a nightmare for Bruins is one Mitchell Marner. I truly feel they have no answer!

Plec has been mediocre at best. Komarov is past his prime in a very bad way. Kapanen is really the only one I feel comfortable with going up against Boston's top line. Would much rather have the Kadri line match up against them.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Plec has been mediocre at best. Komarov is past his prime in a very bad way. Kapanen is really the only one I feel comfortable with going up against Boston's top line. Would much rather have the Kadri line match up against them.
I can see that the 'best before' date is highlighted on Leo and likely Pleks, but used strategically , they can frustrate the Bruins best Duo.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
also I heard Boston said AV made Kreider look way better than he is, and he's actually a plug
That tears it

d39f99a45937cfa7d9432be2882b90b1.gif

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm humbled and honored to have been drafted to HFLeafs for the playoffs. The opportunity to be part of two historic franchises is truly once in a lifetime.

I want to thank @iSophagus and all the Leafs reps for taking a chance on me.

With the Rangers having played over 100 playoff games since the lockout, as well as being a lifelong Yankees fan and part of two Superbowl wins, I think I can add some veteran leadership to this board, as well as a posts/60 over 1.00, cause I know @zeke likes his analytics :D

Whatever the boards needs me to do - be it corsi, complaining, memes; I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win and make the board dank.

I'm excited to be working with stars such as Auston Matthews and Morgan Rielly as well as my dude @CantLoseWithMatthews

I just hope I'm here until June.

Go Leafs Go!

hi :) i don't know what you mean that we drafted you, but welcome anyway :)

Reactions: Machinehead

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Matthews ability to score even strength goals is a huge factor if favor of the Leafs.
Penalties can dry up in the playoffs ... mostly because players are more cautious.

Quite the first line for the Bruins though.

upload_2018-4-10_18-19-11.png

The Leafs have to stay out of the box, especially not take any penalties on the #2-4 Lines. A power play start with this

upload_2018-4-10_18-21-0.png

could be the difference.

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Yep, every post that's along the lines of "I can't wait to feast on their bottom pair" makes me laugh. Boy are they going to be surprised when our little demon head juker dominates their bottom 6
Must be nice living in the ignorant bubble, refuting every quantifiable stat that shows Komarov is one of the worst forwards this year, and praising him for code words like gritty or veteran because then you can't lose an argument that you can't quantify.

There's really no hope for Komarov fanboys like yourself.

Let me get something straight...

Holding an opinion that a grinder, someone who kills penalties, agitates, plays on the walls, and forechecks; an opinion held by nearly, if not all coaches in the modern game, makes someone a "fan boy"?

First of all, unless you're actually 12, stop using vernacular like you are. It's an awful look, and immediately discredits what you say by making you look like a fool. Adults calling other adults "fan boy" makes my insides cringe.

Second, I didn't say it was wise to match Komarov up with Marchand as a standard. Nice reach to attempt to get a leg up. What you quoted was simply stating that there is so much more to the game than scoring production, and the fact that the leading hockey minds in the game go out of their way to aquire players that bring those other traits isn't a blight on my opinion, it's a blight on your's. Clearly, you have your idea of how things should be, and that's your right, but it doesn't match up with how Coaches and GM's are doing business.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Holding an opinion that a grinder, someone who kills penalties, agitates, plays on the walls, and forechecks; an opinion held by nearly, if not all coaches in the modern game, makes someone a "fan boy"?

First of all, unless you're actually 12, stop using vernacular like you are. It's an awful look, and immediately discredits what you say by making you look like a fool. Adults calling other adults "fan boy" makes my insides cringe.

Second, I didn't say it was wise to match Komarov up with Marchand as a standard. Nice reach to attempt to get a leg up. What you quoted was simply stating that there is so much more to the game than scoring production, and the fact that the leading hockey minds in the game go out of their way to aquire players that bring those other traits isn't a blight on my opinion, it's a blight on your's. Clearly, you have your idea of how things should be, and that's your right, but it doesn't match up with how Coaches and GM's are doing business.
Good post. :clap:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

i love you in a totally platonic way, Ernie.
(honestly, when i hear fan boy, i want to dig someone's eyes out with a teaspoon).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad