Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I'm humbled and honored to have been drafted to HFLeafs for the playoffs. The opportunity to be part of two historic franchises is truly once in a lifetime.

I want to thank @iSophagus and all the Leafs reps for taking a chance on me.

With the Rangers having played over 100 playoff games since the lockout, as well as being a lifelong Yankees fan and part of two Superbowl wins, I think I can add some veteran leadership to this board, as well as a posts/60 over 1.00, cause I know @zeke likes his analytics :D

Whatever the boards needs me to do - be it corsi, complaining, memes; I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win and make the board dank.

I'm excited to be working with stars such as Auston Matthews and Morgan Rielly as well as my dude @CantLoseWithMatthews

I just hope I'm here until June.

Go Leafs Go!
Welcome bud, glad to have you on the team (temporarily). Your Rangers will be very solid within a few years, don't listen to the haters. You guys got solid pieces coming up.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
and make the board dank.
Dank You very much !

You guys have had a solid run in the cap era.

upload_2018-4-10_16-18-45.png

Au Revoir Alain Vigneault

Reactions: Machinehead

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah, definitely sucks for Jets fans. They have such a good team and they gotta listen to Romanuk and Galley on SN. But at the same time, I understand why CBC is showing the Pens and Flyers. They arguably have the most Canadian players on their teams along with Mr. Crosby. When has CBC ever not aired a Pens playoff game? On top, its the battle of Pennsylvania which will draw a huge contingent of fans. Better ratings would result too.

Interesting angle, I hadn't considered that. You could be right, I really have no idea as for many years I haven't cared about watching any other teams. This year is different though, I am interested in other teams and WPG is on the top of my list. I don't care myself as I can watch it on sportsnet but if I was a WPG fan, I'd be asking why CBC isn't showing the Canadian team and I'd be pissed. Doesn't the CBC have a mandate to serve Canadians, promote Canadian content etc.?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Doesn't the CBC have a mandate to serve Canadians, promote Canadian content etc.?
CBC has no power.
Didn't Rogers pay the NHL 5 billion for NHL games ? CBC got outbid.
I think the CBC just gets the scraps Rogers doesnt want ?
... not sure.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I'm humbled and honored to have been drafted to HFLeafs for the playoffs. The opportunity to be part of two historic franchises is truly once in a lifetime.

I want to thank @iSophagus and all the Leafs reps for taking a chance on me.

With the Rangers having played over 100 playoff games since the lockout, as well as being a lifelong Yankees fan and part of two Superbowl wins, I think I can add some veteran leadership to this board, as well as a posts/60 over 1.00, cause I know @zeke likes his analytics :D

Whatever the boards needs me to do - be it corsi, complaining, memes; I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win and make the board dank.

I'm excited to be working with stars such as Auston Matthews and Morgan Rielly as well as my dude @CantLoseWithMatthews

I just hope I'm here until June.

Go Leafs Go!

This is obviously a Dubas pick.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
No seems to be talking about Plekanec, who really pissed off Marchand a few years ago when Montreal met Boston in the playoffs. I think you see Babcock trying to get that matchup early to see if it’s effective.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Interesting angle, I hadn't considered that. You could be right, I really have no idea as for many years I haven't cared about watching any other teams. This year is different though, I am interested in other teams and WPG is on the top of my list. I don't care myself as I can watch it on sportsnet but if I was a WPG fan, I'd be asking why CBC isn't showing the Canadian team and I'd be pissed. Doesn't the CBC have a mandate to serve Canadians, promote Canadian content etc.?
It's been discussed a lot over the last day or so by some of our posters who are knowledgeable about the whole TV Contract and how Rogers calls the shots. Maybe a few posters who read this and are aware can chime in.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No seems to be talking about Plekanec, who really pissed off Marchand a few years ago when Montreal met Boston in the playoffs. I think you see Babcock trying to get that matchup early to see if it’s effective.
That would be a very bad idea.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
You believe Babcock will match the 4th line against the B's top line?
Sounds like a recipe for early tee times.
I dont think Babcock matches the two up. No.
Marchand is too smart to be bothered by him

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Might be a case where he does it on the penalty kill while marchands on the powerplay
Yes, I would expect Plekanec on the PK.
That's not really a "matchup" , at least in the traditional sense.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Then Hyman should of been rewarded with overtime play and powerplay time this season over Komorov. Hyman's play around the boards and entering the zone is how Komorov should work every shift, yet he doesn't.

The Komorov of this season compared to last season is two different players. Komorov last season had shifts where he was fast, relentless, and an annoyance. Komorov's work ethic on the ice this season has been lacking and he shouldn't be rewarded for his past deeds or his work off the ice. Whether it be mental or physical Komorov is not the same player. and deploying such a message to your team in the regular season and deploying it in the playoffs is a much different issue.

Fair perspective, but I think the response by IBeL13f could shed some light on the logic there.

Reactions: Caroline Says ll

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Why would we ever want our 4th line playing against their 1st line? Throw Kadri out there and we'll be fine.

Let Matthews/Bozak lines feast on their weak depth (in comparison)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad