Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah that makes more sense. I think it'll be interesting to see how Babcock decides to matchup his lines at the ACC.
Yep. Literally no context for what he's going to do considering Matthews was out the other games. I see a lot of Leafs fans saying Plekanec on Bergeron, but I'm still expecting Kadri.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Yep. Literally no context for what he's going to do considering Matthews was out the other games. I see a lot of Leafs fans saying Plekanec on Bergeron, but I'm still expecting Kadri.
I think you're probably wise. Though, I actually wouldn't be surprised to hear later on that Babcock asked Matthews who he wanted to go up against, and put him against Bergeron accordingly.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It's a real head scratcher for sure. If he was in front of the net then it would make a tiny bit of sense.
Maybe, but even then most probably not. He has zero skill. He's regressed so much this year it's sad. He has no hand-eye skill. He's no good on the PP. Connor Brown is horrible on the PP too but at least he has some remnant of skill. Hopefully Babcock comes to his senses, but seeing the lineups so far it seems Moore is a spot-holder for Komo who is learning PK strategies atm.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Donato out is good for us. That Riley Nash isn't back yet is very good too.

For sure! Perhaps the main reason that I like our chances as much as I do is that Boston is clearly not at full strength. Even the guys that are cleared to play, I can't imagine they're all at 100%.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Maybe, but even then most probably not. He has zero skill. He's regressed so much this year it's sad. He has no hand-eye skill. He's no good on the PP. Connor Brown is horrible on the PP too but at least he has some remnant of skill. Hopefully Babcock comes to his senses, but seeing the lineups so far it seems Moore is a spot-holder for Komo who is learning PK strategies atm.

So stupid. I can't believe we are team aspiring to go far and we have freaking Komarov on the PP beside Matthews and Nylander. So so dumb!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
So stupid. I can't believe we are team aspiring to go far and we have freaking Komarov on the PP beside Matthews and Nylander. So so dumb!
It's huge because the Bruins know Komarov will just stand there. He is a waste of a 5th player on the PP so the B's will just cheat towards Matthews, Nylander or Gardiner. It's horrible especially when playoffs is all about getting that slight advantage over the other team.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's huge because the Bruins know Komarov will just stand there. He is a waste of a 5th player on the PP so the B's will just cheat towards Matthews, Nylander or Gardiner. It's horrible especially when playoffs is all about getting that slight advantage over the other team.

I am just concerned that Babcock will be too slow to make adjustments just like in the regular season. In the playoffs, you don't have time to wait.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Babcock doesn't care about getting an advantage as long as he feels that Komarov won't give us a disadvantage (even though he will)

Reactions: MattySnipes

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
His SH% is down more than 50% from last year, which is huge - I wonder how much of that has to do with moving from LW to RW with the addition of Marleau, or whether he's just had that rough a season this year.

Reactions: MattySnipes
May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
It should. How a guy like Komarov gets even a second of PP time is ridiculous. I don’t think he can shoot the puck in an empty net and he’s out there in the slot.

My thoughts of Komorov extend far beyond his just his use offensively, as I do not think he at this time is a capable NHL roster player in any zone.

His use on the powerplay though is baffling. He is statistically from his usage one of the the absolute worst offensive player in the league. What is he supposed to bring to the powerplay on the ice, let alone in the slot? He can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't read a play developing, and his reaction time is too slow.

Honestly, when ever Komorov is on the ice, I've come to accept the Leafs will not score for that shift. The amount of times as soon as his line hits the ice and the Leafs become hemmed in their own zone has nothing to do with match ups, or the other teams strong play, it is simply that he is a liability in his lack of ability in exiting and entering zones. His defensive coverage is awful. It looks like he is working hard with him waving his stick left and right, however, he never pressures or intercepts or breaks up a play. So why he is identified as being fit for a powerplay has no explanation.

Reactions: NiftyMits

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
His SH% is down more than 50% from last year, which is huge - I wonder how much of that has to do with moving from LW to RW with the addition of Marleau, or whether he's just had that rough a season this year.
Go watch his highlights from last year it's night and day I was in such shock when I saw him he had so much speed last year

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Aside from Andersen, I think Kadri is the pivotal player for Leafs in this series.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I agree. Bergeron can shut down Matthews, but will that beat the leafs/ They have 4 lines. If Kadri shuts down one line, he hurts the Bruin smuch more.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
giphy.gif

Reactions: AngryScotsman

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Go watch his highlights from last year it's night and day I was in such shock when I saw him he had so much speed last year
What a shame, especially since Leo had to work so hard to get back to form after that Ovechkin hit. His style of play was never going to hold up forever, but seeing this kind of drop is really unfortunate.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Did anyone notice that Sportsnet posted the entire Game 7 from 2013 onto YouTube? Love them pushing that narrative this series. Morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad