Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's a Canuck fan and you should check out his reaction when Leafs won the Matthews Lottery. Hated the Leafs only 2 years ago. Bandwagon jumper extraordinaire.
Yeah I don't like that guy. I remember he was crying a lot when Kadri had that hit on Sedin.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
In the predictions I never see the Leafs 7-1 record against Boston the past 2 years brought up, or Freddy's career 10-1 record. I believe if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd see it mentioned countless times by the media. Heck, we'll hear more about the 2013 collapse than those stats.

Reactions: hoglund

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
In the predictions I never see the Leafs 7-1 record against Boston the past 2 years brought up, or Freddy's career 10-1 record. I believe if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd see it mentioned countless times by the media. Heck, we'll hear more about the 2013 collapse than those stats.

While I definitely think that bodes well for us, we've seen countless examples in the past wherein regular season success does not translate in the playoffs.

As the old saying goes, it's a brand new season come playoff time.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
While I definitely think that bodes well for us, we've seen countless examples in the past wherein regular season success does not translate in the playoffs.

I do agree. Leafs vs Ottawa 4 times is a great example.
I just mean it's not mentioned as much as 2013' which is pretty ridiculous. I even had a family member tell me on Sunday Toronto was finished because they can never beat Boston. I told him the 7-1 stat and he didn't believe me.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Don't know if anybody has heard of "The Hockey Guy" on YouTube, really smart guy and always breaks down everything in fine detail, he picked Toronto in 6. Also yes he's wearing a Leafs jersey but he wears jerseys of various teams all the time, he wore it because he's picking them as he describes in the video. In fact he even says he's a Bruins fan.

I find him condescending and a bit of a tool. The looks he gives the camera I can see he is a prick. I also think any forty plus year old man wearing hats with the brim flat are a bit immature. Not a fan

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
Two weeks ago I felt as though this matchup was a terrible one for the Leafs but today? The Bruins have been in a serious funk. Everyone ratchets it up for the playoffs but if the Leafs can come out and control the pace I don't feel nearly as bad about their chances against the Bruins as I did two weeks ago.

Either way, it should be a great series.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I hope not

The thought of Marchand and Komarov on the ice at the same time is terrifying

That's pretty dramatic, which is becoming a hallmark of your's. Komarov thrives in the playoff environment. His role is front and centre.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I find him condescending and a bit of a tool. The looks he gives the camera I can see he is a prick. I also think any forty plus year old man wearing hats with the brim flat are a bit immature. Not a fan

Pretty much the same as people who judge others based on their tattoos or brand of clothes they wear. This isn't high school (or maybe it is, for you), grow up.

Reactions: NastyKnies

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Of the 4 Leafs that were in game 7 of the 2013 series with Boston.

Komarov's first year in the NHL.
Kadri's first year in the NHL
JVR's first year with the Leafs.
Gardiner's was still developing and only played 12 regular season games.
Yeah, Gardiner doesn't really count. I'd add Bozak in for him. The other 3 are accurate.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

It works the other way too, in the early 2000s the Leafs were terrible against Ottawa in the regular season, but always beat them in the playoffs.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Interesting thread on the recent 11 year journey for the Pens. It includes being humbled by vet teams, getting swept, losing their cool, getting redemption and of course winning the cup multiple times.
It's a decent reminder that not everything is linear, not everything goes according to plan, you keep working at it and maybe good things can happen.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
And has 1 point in those 13 games. ****ing beast. Should be playing 1C over Matthews.

Komarov fanboys are the worst lmao

Must be nice living in the ignorant bubble, where in such a dynamic, fast moving game, the only thing that matters is scoring.

There's really no hope for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad